Italy – Superlega 2017/2018

• Thought Russell is going to have more difficulty to score. Sokolov amd Christenson are good blockers.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Nothing's working for Perugia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Just don't let Piacenza push this to a tie break and Trentino would have a good chance winning. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Oh, what a nice sensation to be 2 sets - 0 ahed!
    It's a first in this RS (but it happened in the Italian Cup quarterfinal vs Monza, which I didn't watch live though, so for me is actually a first :P)
    EDIT: it happened vs Padova as well, I thought we lost the first set there but it was the third

I didn't think for a sec that the match was over since Piacenza was able to win more than one match after losing 2-0, but I'm very happy we close it right away, and especially plying better in the last part of the third set which was quite close for a long time.

Obviously the day I finally accepted to let Giannelli go on Fantavolley (I mean, if not now that he can't even jump serve, then when?) he scores 4 block + 1 point and Trento attack with 55%. EDIT plus MVP! (but for me it was Hoag)
    While De Cecco 1 points and 41%.
    :rolll:

Ps Trento with only 6 serve errors!! Lanza 0, it has to be a first :lol:!
    And except for Giannelli (1 err-0 aces) all the rest dd as many errors as ace: Hoag 3-3 (17 serves), Vettoir 1-1, Eder 1-1 (and 19 serve!)

• Obviously the day I finally accepted to let Giannelli go on Fantavolley (I mean, if not now that he can't even jump serve, then when?) he scores 4 block + 1 point and Trento attack with 55%. EDIT plus MVP! (but for me it was Hoag)
    While De Cecco 1 points and 41%.

I did right the same, so you know.. mal comune mezzo gaudio (italian way of saying).

Congrats to Lube, I never thought they could win against this Perugia, especially with a clear 3-0. Now things are getting more interesting! :box:

• What a mess. The only game to be shown on rai sport for tonight will be transmitted too late in the evening. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• How many serve errors in Trento-Modena so far!!
    Anyway, Zingel-Giannelli float-Lanza in a row isn't the best serve line ever...

This time in Fantavolley I sold Dzavronok who played very well and took 6 Gazzetta Points and bought Van Garderen and of course Urnaut is back :lol:

• So far... Trento is up against an umbrella for a block. Every time it is a tough pass...It is not beng bump pass reasonably. I think Trento needs to slow down the tempo and just reset the play. Regain the composure back. Speed is always not the answer.

#FreeBritney

• Modena likes to play catch up. Trento lead was never safe in this game. :white: :lol:

#FreeBritney

• I really liked Teppan entrance to replace Vettori, but I think his definitely not necessary invasion may have cost us the set... from a possible 19-15 to 18-16, and 2 points of lead vs Modena can't make you feel safe at all (well, neither 4, but it's still safer than a 2 point lead :lol:)

Still, this time I felt the come back was more because of Modena merits, while in the second set I saw more Trento demerits

• I haven't paying attention anymore to the match. :rolll:

I hope this goes to a tiebreak. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Yeahhh!!!!!
    Yeah it was kinda a war zone as always when it comes to these two teams :rolll: (in a good way for me, except may be one or two action a bit over the top with the complaining – plus I've never been pro-whistle against the player who's serving but unfortunately it's always been like this, at least in Palatrento)
    Modena is the team Trento met most time in his history (I think this was the 70th), and in the last 20 matches they were even 10-10.
    Plus – counting also the staff – there where 14 ex, and Urnaut, Mazzone, Rado and his vice Simoni (plus the scout man) where at their first time in PalaTrento as opponents.

Ps I re-watched the 8th Trento point in the tie break (since they didn't send replays).
    I was sure I saw the net moving the first time (and Hoag spike had won the point anyway), but I hadn't notice that it was Urnaut willingly shaking the net while they were still playing! Why did he do that?? :what: I can't see anything unusual... Anyway, he may have touch the net outside the antenna, but I guess shaking it so clearly is a fault anyway (because it disturb the game)..?