Quasi-winning - KUROBE Aqua Fairies 
    3rd place - - - - PFU Blue Cats
    4th - - - - - - - - Saitama Ageo Medics 
    5 - - - - - - - - - -Kashiwa Angel Cross 
    # 6 - - - - - - - - Breath Hamamatsu 
    7th place - - - - GSS Tokyo Sanbimuzu 
    8th - - - - - - - - Prestige International Alan Mare
    9 - - - - - - - - - Gunma Bank Green Wings

I saw Ebata in uniform with PFU but didn't see her play.

• NEC Red Rockets roster for 2018 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship

• 5. OHNO, Kana - MB - 1992.06.30, 180cm, 70kg
    • 6. UENO, Kaori - MB - 1995.01.06, 180cm, 73kg
    • 7. YAMAGUCHI, Kaname - S - 1989-11-06, 170cm, 67kg
    • 8. YANAGITA, Mizuki - WS - 0 1996-03-26, 168cm, 64kg
    • 9. OKUYAMA, Yuna - S - 1995.09.26, 170cm, 67kg
    • 10. IWASAKI, Sayaka - Li - 1990.07.18, 158cm, 50kg
    • 11. SHINOHARA, Sayaka - S - 1996.08.06, 164cm, 56kg
    • 12. HIROSE, Nanami - WS - 1997.05.12, 177cm, 62kg
    • 13. YAMAUCHI, Misaki - WS - 1995.03.10, 172cm, 69kg
    • 14. TSUKADA, Shiori - S - 1994.09.07, 175cm, 63kg
    • 15. KOJIMA, Manami - Li - 1994.11.07, 158cm, 58kg
    • 16. ARATANI, Shiori - MB/WS - 1998.09.22, 173cm, 60kg
    • 17. YAMADA, Nichika - MB - 2000.02.24, 183cm, 71kg

Head Coach KANEKO, Takayuki

Source: www.jva.or.jp/index.php/international/2018/asiaclubwomens/member

WOW! They went with only four wing spikers but they will be bringing four setters, really that many setters are needed? :what:

• WOW! They went with only four wing spikers but they will be bringing four setters, really that many setters are needed?

lol :what:

NEC's got some roster decisions to make. The only Swinger they have they aren't taking is Koga. I'm happy to see the ones they are taking get some experience, such that it is.

The only addition I'm unfamiliar with is the young MB - YAMADA, Nichika. She's 183cm! lol I think I saw her in the Kurowashiki Tournament but don't recall her making an impression.

I hope we get to see the matches.

I just noticed that the DAZN folks are claiming availability is coming to the USA "soon". I'm sure not in time for the Asian Clubs, but if I can watch the V.League Season in High Definition I will be so happy. About $15.00/month.

• A couple bits of news:

2018 / 2019 Transfer News A 6'4" Middle Blocker comes to NEC! Rhamat Alhassan I'm glad NEC didn't hire an OH. This is going to help them a lot, to win some games. Too bad for Nichika Yamada and probably Kaori Ueno.

https://www.kurobe-aqua.jp/news/?r_id=457 Akane Ukishima, the powerful southpaw OP from Hisamitsu's B Team has joined KUROBE Aqua Fairies. I don't know KUROBE team that well but I imagine Akane will see some major playing time now. Good for her. I'll bet I will be typing her name a lot this upcoming season.

• I'm not sure I registered all this news (according to World of Volley)

Just to get it all in one place:

Neriman has resigned with Toyota for 2018/2019 :woohoo:

Akinradewo has resigned with Hisamitsu for 2018/2019 :woohoo:

Sinead Jack has signed with Denso for 2018/2019 (I don't know her, but she's a MB)

Brankica has resigned with JT Marvelous

NEC has signed a tall MB Rhamat Alhassan.

Cursty Jackson is not returning to Hitachi:

Kadie Rolfzen has left Toray

No word on Ageo or the Challenge Teams coming up that I know of

• You mean renewed right? To resign means to quit :whistle:

It is interesting that Japanese teams started to sign with foreign MBs instead of OHs or opposite players in last two years.

• You mean renewed right? To resign means to quit :whistle:

It is interesting that Japanese teams started to sign with foreign MBs instead of OHs or opposite players in last two years.

^^ lol I guess my intent was re-signed :/

I like these MB signings. Worked well for Hisamitsu. It is interesting. I'm curious if the Challenge League teams coming up will be able to recruit some MB talent

• Breaking News Rumours... soon to be confirm???

Be advised that I'm not 100% sure if these two pieces of news that I have seen/read are true. Both news/rumours coming from SMM Sport (Thailand).

First news/rumour is that current NT and former JT Marvelous middle blocker Mai Okumura will played in the Thailand league next season. She will join up with her former teammate Onuma Sittirak at Nakhon Ratchasima Women's Volleyball Club (Nakhon Ratchasima VC) this upcoming season.

Second news/rumour is also related to Nakhon Ratchasima VC and two of it's players. Current Thai NT members, middle blocker Hattaya Bamrungsuk and outside hitter Chatchu-on Moksri (according to Wikipedia, she was on loan to Supreme Chonburi in 2017, 2018) will be heading to Japan to play in the new professional volleyball league for the 2018/2019 season. Which teams each players would be joining was not stated in the article, however there are now new unconfirmed reports on social media that Hattaya will be joining JT Marvelous and Chatchu-on will be playing for PFU Bluecats (Thai fans are quick as their Wikipedia page for the two players have already been updated).

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

What do you guys think of these news/rumours and how credible do you these are?

• Okumura leaving JT seemed inexplicable to me, so this rumor about her seems believable.

Also believe the other one is possible as it would be a MB for an MB trade, so to speak for JT.

I imagine with the expanding league there are opportunities of this nature. I don't know anything about the sources, as in if they are reliable or not. But I don't think joining PFU last year would have been an option for anyone, but now that they are in the V1 (or whatever it's called) things have opened up.

There's also that tall girl from the Philippines that wants to play in Japan. It's like KUROBE Aqua Fairies is a reasonable option even, having just signed Akane Ukishima from Hisamitsu -- AND there's that team, uhm, the Victorina somethings that Yoshie Takeshita is coaching, that while not in the V1 this year is going to be a contender soon, I think.

I'm so excited about this upcoming season. I pray DAZN lets me watch it. To heck with the meaningless WCH and other such Euro-dominated international tournaments! :rolll: I kid! I kid! :rolll:

BTW - not only do Thai fans usuall upload TRUE HD streams of all their games they also kick ass at updating Wikipedia for us English speakers. I wish Japan people would do the same!:wall: