Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• Statistics reveal some interesting details regarding todays match: Schwerin reception was again much better, more as in Stuttgart, but this was not the whole story, because attack quota was better for Schwerin in every stage (overall 43 to 34%); as usually Stuttgart outblocked Schwerin (5 to 9 kills) and Schwerin made more mistakes (five more), while in service there was not a considerable difference, it only shows, that Schwerin took more risk in this regard.

• I was only able to watch the first set, but it's good to hear Bongaerts played good again! After her small injury, she wasn't playing at her level. But if she is healthy, she can make a big impact with her fast sets! I even think she is better than Hanke when she is at her best:)

• Hanke's problem is that she has a too big variety in her performances. Sometimes she plays nearly on world class level, but sometimes she is totally off, and at times she changes from one end to the other within one match. Bongaerts for sure is more solid, and as soon as she was on court long enough, she also got over the lack of playing time that showed in some insecurities when she entered in 1st match.

• Well, neither do I, especially considering that Paige Tapp is there, and she plays on the same team as McCage and is unquestionably weaker than her!

If I'm now wrong, Paige Tapp was in some commercials. Maybe she's there because she brings the marketing vibes. :saint:

I like her, of course, but I like McCage more. :)

• If I'm now wrong, Paige Tapp was in some commercials. Maybe she's there because she brings the marketing vibes. :saint:

I like her, of course, but I like McCage more. :)

I hope, we are not discussing Paige Tapp being prettier than Molly McCage? Molly is clearly better as middle; not calling her into USA NT is an huge fault IMHO - nothing, what can be justified by Kiraly - new stuff for Kiraly haters, I guess...

• Hanke-Adams connection works perfect so far. If Pogany can improve her reception (and that's a big "if") she can be a great libero, her reactions in defense are amazing!

Wilhite seems to perform much better with Bugg as setter.

• Bad coaching by Koslowski! :wall:Why would you put Geerties and Hanke back is court, they were playing really bad.

If Pogany can improve her reception (and that's a big "if") she can be a great libero, her reactions in defense are amazing!

I don't get what you see in Pogany. Her reception is weak and in defense she is running around the court without a clue. She even passes a free ball over the net:gone:

• Stuttgart - Schwerin 3:2 (22:25 25:23 19:25 25:20 15:9)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2018-19/Women/2524.pdf

MVP: Paige Tapp / Beta Dumancic

Great performance by Stuttgart's MBs, today the wing hitters from both teams were quite weak so the MBs made the difference. Drewniok was a no show for most of the match, Rivers had some good actions later in the match, Wilhite and Adams were up and down, Geerties and Poll were total non-factors in attack, Szakmary couldn't make the same impact as in the last match.

Today I also didn't understand Koslowski's substitutions. In the 1st match he waited too long, today IMO he was too hectic. Hanke played very well in the beginning and she was not the problem in 2nd set either, so there was no need to replace her, and later when she came back she looked insecure. Same goes for Geerties, I understand that he needed both Szakmary and Adams on court considering Drewniok's performance, but by this he totally killed their reception because at home Stuttgart served better.

Let's go orange I agree with what you say about Pogany, but at the same time I still think she has great reactions and saves many balls that seem lost already.

• Now Stuttgart has a championship match in Schwerin and in the league round already won once there this season. It will be a very tough match for Schwerin now at home.

Statistically this was a little strange: Stuttgarts block kill advantage smaller than usual (15 to 12), and home team making more mistakes today, the other values are not very different but for one: attack after poor reception was again much better for Stuttgart, I think mainly due to Rivers and Wilhyte.

• Marta Drpa is leaving Potsdam, which is no surprise. She wants to play in Poland, it was described, that it was her own decision, but I think that head coach Hernandez would never accept a player with her character in his team, so he didn't want to keep her IMHO.

• Yeah, Hernandez surely would never accept a player who scores avg 5 pts per set in his team :roll: Alright, Drpa definitely was a difficult person some time ago, but this season she looked a lot better, her body language was much more positive and she didn't have those total blackouts anymore. Besides, if she really was THAT difficult. the club wouldn't have kept her that long and for sure wouldn't retire her shirt number now for the next 3 years :!:

Meanwhile, Lena Möllers returns to Vilsbiburg which means Ilka van de Vyver is leaving. I guess in the long run this means Corinna Glaab will get more playing time than this season.