Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• Congratulations Schwerin! Bongaerts has played well as a substitute. I think they have a well-balanced team, only the libero is not that good.

I agree about Bongaerts, especially her connection with Adams was great.

However I still don't agree about Pogany. Yes, she had some shaky moments, but I think overall she did very well and had many great digs.

• Now I'm just curious about MTV Stuttgart and their USA farm. :teach:

I wasn't impressed at all by Schweriner. This can actually be MVT Stuttgart season! :thumbup:

We have also several construction sites - Sarah Wilhyte arrived just today in Stuttgart (!) and Jana Poll and to a lesser extent (she was here the last season already) Pia Kästner have also to integrate better. But indeed, I see a really big chance for Stuttgart to win the championship.

• By the way: I expect after a short time moments, when indeed all five US players of Stuttgart are on court with just one other OH (a German or Hungarys Renata Sandor). Because all of the US players tend to be starters...

• We have also several construction sites - Sarah Wilhyte arrived just today in Stuttgart (!) and Jana Poll and to a lesser extent (she was here the last season already) Pia Kästner have also to integrate better. But indeed, I see a really big chance for Stuttgart to win the championship.

Stuttagrt are the Favorit and hope they didn't play against Schwerin in the Playoffs :-)

I think Aachen can play a very good season. They have a good Team and they are can beat Schwerin or Dresden.

• I agree with you, Thomas HH.

Aachen's starting seven can really compete with the topteams in German League.

Imoudu-Agost, Jasper - Guilliams, Gründing-De Geest, Knip. Really solid !!!

• New season finally starts tomorrow:

31. Oktober 2018

18:00 Suhl - VCO Berlin*

19:00 Erfurt - Aachen*

19:10 Wiesbaden - Potsdam**

19:30 Münster - Dresden

19:30 Straubing - Schwerin*

* Stream on https://sporttotal.tv/volleyball/

** Stream on https://tv.sport1.de/sport1/ (with German IP)

In Münster's hall, the new streaming system hasn't been installed yet, so no stream of Münster-Dresden unfortunately :(

• Wiesbaden vs. Potsdam is also TV match on Sport1.

• Today I read, that the Skurios Volleys Borken from second league Northern half are considering to apply for first league license in the next season - they made a sensational start and have not lost a single match so far in their league. But I can't tell now, if this is just a mick or really serious. They have to fulfill lots of demands by VBL to be eligible for this application and money is always one of the biggest obstacles; only very few teams are capable of addressing all those demands successfully.

• What chances do you give Munster tomorrow against Dresden at home?

• What chances do you give Munster tomorrow against Dresden at home?

I'd say Dresden is the favourite, but Münster is always a dangerous opponent. They have a good coach, some good players, but the first match of the season is always unpredictable. Dresden was far from convincing in the Supercup match, but I'm sure Waibl will draw his conclusions, so all in all I'd say the chances are 75-25 for Dresden probably...

•  

What chances do you give Munster tomorrow against Dresden at home?

I actually like Munster to pull the upset tomorrow. Dresden looked poor this past weekend, the loss of Korhonen is huge. Munster has some quality in the squad; Vanjak is improving, Hindriksens a solid setter & Lohuis really impressed at the World Championships!

• Today I read, that the Skurios Volleys Borken from second league Northern half are considering to apply for first league license in the next season - they made a sensational start and have not lost a single match so far in their league. But I can't tell now, if this is just a mick or really serious. They have to fulfill lots of demands by VBL to be eligible for this application and money is always one of the biggest obstacles; only very few teams are capable of addressing all those demands successfully.

Where did you read this? I didn't think Borken will risk this adventure.

In our League will be no Team go to First League. Köln have no Hall. Leverkusen and we have this but no money yet. An the other Teams have both not :-)

• No surprises today at the first matchday of the league - the main match on Sport1 stream and TV turned out to be interesting as expected though; the guests of Potsdam won the first two sets, but hosts Wiesbaden prevailed in the tie break. On the other hand only three points wins for the favourite teams...