Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• No statements (directly) of both clubs yet regarding tomorrows top match of the first half of the league round Schwerin vs. Stuttgart: while Schwerin didn't use some usual starters, but could win nevertheless in three sets in Potsdam, to spare their energy for tomorrows match, Stuttgarts sports director Kim Renkema stated, they are not yet there to defeat Schwerin (?) - but this may be a cautious statement only. IMHO the most important factor tomorrow is the shape of both teams - if one is better in this regard as the other, it will win. If both are the same in this, the outcome is unpredictable, but statistically speaking the too long winning streak (without any doubt not fully deserved) of Schwerin against Stuttgart suggests another outcome. But let's wait, what will happen, maybe they will publish statements before the match also.

• Now Schwerin released a press text, but I think, they are too optimistic regarding psychological advantage (won last 10 matches against Stuttgart) - because Stuttgart has this season for the first time also a psychological coach like Schwerin has already for many years.

• Betting quotes are published - they are in favour of Schwerin (1.5 to 2.5), but IMHO this is more like 50:50, extremely difficult to predict.

• Now Schwerin released a press text, but I think, they are too optimistic regarding psychological advantage (won last 10 matches against Stuttgart) - because Stuttgart has this season for the first time also a psychological coach like Schwerin has already for many

in the message there is a single set with this fact. not anymore and you come now with the SSC is too optimistic because Stuttgart has a mental trainer?

We already know that a possible Schwerin victory was of course at the referee or because Stuttgart did not have a good day or the ball was too round.

• Interesting match so far, Stuttgart played bad first set, but better in second and third set - if they keep up the good work, they should win in four.

• congrats to Stuttgart. Long Loss Streak is over😉

I thought, Schwerin would go to the tie-break, but our team was very strong in the crunchtime. I think, that it is visible, that the championship is not dog's moonshine for them...

• The statistics show as main difference overall the service: Stuttgart with one ace more than service mistakes, but Schwerin had 11 service mistakes more than aces :rolll:. On the other hand no so obvious differences: as usual some more block kills by Stuttgart, a little better attack efficiency by Schwerin... Top scorer was Sarah Wilhyte, for me also Stuttgarts best player today (24 points, including 6 blocks and 1 ace; attack efficiency 57%). Rivers had 21, what is for sure not bad; Schwerins two best had 23 (Drewniok) and also 21 (McKenzie Adams).

• Poor viewer number for yesterdays top match on Sport1 TV: below 100.000 at average. This was already better in the past (previous season one match Dresden vs. Stuttgart had 160.000 at average and about 290.000 at top).