CEV Champions League 2019

• Very hard day at the office for both teams and Kazan were lucky in this match. The referees certainly helped them a bit - but Gdansk helped them more- by slowly bringing them into the match and keeping them in the match by not just being able to have the right intensity and strategy at the right times. They really should have been more ruthless and stingy with errors in that 4th and 5th set. Anyhow, I am hoping to be able to watch Kazan in Berlin in the finals so at least I can selfishly be happy about that.

• Gdansk put up a pretty good fight even today at home match, and I think Kazan thought the first away match was just some luck and I think they were surprised by this.. Refs were pretty bad against Gdansk I admit, but I think it;s more competitive if Kazan enters the SF (which they just did). But hats off to Gdansk they almost eliminated the defending champions but Kazan managed to save itself every time I think that is the true mark of a champion..

Now Kazan should forget this match and focus on the next match with Leon and co..

• Kazan advanced to semi final. But they won this game ugly. Both Anderson and NG choked in clutch time. Only Maxim could sore in golden set. Gdansk's floating serve really caused a big trouble on Kazan's reception. Muzaj played a good game.

• Maxim showed in this game why he is creme de le creme of the world's best Opps :super:

• And the golden set goes to the referees. :down:

A real shame. Trefl Gdansk is the moral winner of this cup. They played their heart out. It was really heartbreaking watching them being stolen so many times. Referees already did it in the 5th set. Not to mention all the calles against the polish team turned around by the video challenge.

Totally agree. Congrats to Anastasi and all the players. They deserved to qualify.

CONGRATS as well to the French referee, great job for him:wall:. His friend Ngapeth must give him a reward

• Butko also played bad. He set up many balls that are uncomfortable for OH/OPPs to spike. Some balls set to pos 2 are too low. But I was impressed that Maxim still scored.

• Man i bet Muzaj is regretting that ball that barely missed hands at match point in the 4th. He should get a look by heynan this summer. 2nd best polish opposite right now

• Polish clubs are getting dangerously close to Russia's level or maybe even Italy.

I have to wonder what is going to happen in the near future for Plusliga if their sponsors become more willing to invest on stronger players next season and beyond.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Man i bet Muzaj is regretting that ball that barely missed hands at match point in the 4th. He should get a look by heynan this summer. 2nd best polish opposite right now

if Kurek is No.1 OPP for Polish NT, Kaczmarek should be the second. Just my 2 cents.

• Kochanowski with a super game scoring as much as Grozer tonight.

Zenit SPb is playing well but I still feel Pankov is not as good as last season.

What I still don't understand is Antipkin starting. Pankov may have lost some of his form but you lose even more from his absence with his individual skills out of their arsenal.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Grozer went down but is still playing with slight grimace sketched on his face but Skra is not exploiting it. Teppan was dumb with that serve and the net spike after it. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Grozer went down but is still playing with slight grimace sketched on his face but Skra is not exploiting it. Teppan was dumb with that serve and the net spike after it. :gone:

And now were into Golden set. I hope Zenit manages to win it in the end :box:

• Zenit SPb lost an attacking option without Camejo inside the court.

I don't really know what Klimkin is thinking right now. He even takes out Pankov too. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Camejo has not been a factor in this match.. Skra almost winining this game

Camejo had 17 points with 63% kills.

Sivozhelez with 7 points and 23% kills.

Klimkin subsituted his most productive OH and left Sivozhelez in the court. It's like shooting your own foot when you think about it.

#FreeBritney

• Skra 15:11 St. Petersburg in golden set.

Skra's pos 3 attack is amazing. Lomacz outplayed Pankov in this match. Camejo is not him today, maybe because of his injury.

Camejo's reception is 30%, that's why he is benched when he's on the back row.

• Camejo's reception is 30%, that's why he is benched when he's on the back row.

Sivozhelez is an even worse receiver and he's not even attacking well to stay in the game so why change Camejo?

#FreeBritney

• Sivozhelez is an even worse receiver and he's not even attacking well to stay in the game so why change Camejo?

It seems you don't watch St. Peterburgs' games. Sivozhelez' attacking is averagely 20+% in the whole season, but he still needs to stay on court to help the reception. The libero is already a loophole. If Sivozhelez is benched, the reception line will collapse. Divis and Markarenko are even worse. Plus Sivozhelez' jump serve is good.

Normally, I don't like to reply your post because you made too many dumb conclusions based on your illusions, such as: Leon is strong only because of his serve, not for his spikes. A tall setter like Spirito is better than Bruno. Holt is no good than Anzani... and so on. :down: