FIVB World Cup 2019 - Sept. 14 to 29, Japan

• With all the respect to both Korea and Thailand, the absence of either NED or TUR (even POL) will be more drastic than missing one of KOR and THA:whistle:

no offense my friend serdar but I rest my case :drink:

• i watched the highlights of DOM x KOR and DOM x CMR. here’s DOM x KOR:

some long rallies there and the sound effects are too much. is fivb amplifying the sounds from the court? everyone seems to be a big hitter the way the ball sounds being smacked.

did park jeong-ah switch from MB to OH? i thought she was an MB, am i mis-remembering? i know kim hee-jin switched from MB to OPP. i see han song-yi is in the wide roster, i assume she’s no longer in the NT?

who is the 2nd starting MB for KOR, is it yang hyo-jin?

• everyone seems to be a big hitter the way the ball sounds being smacked.

They don't sound so big in the Japan matches :lol: That DOM/CMR match did have 'em cranked up. I loved it

are the ishikawas really brother & sister?

Yes they are.

Match highlights are weird. Yeah, it's great to see that one great play or two, but they are like Movie trailers in that they create a narrative of the match that isn't really in tune. I think it's vital to see how players and teams react and respond to losing and making mistakes in order to gauge how "good" they are. But you never see that kind of thing in highlights. And many people turn off a match if it's not going "well". That's when I dig in.

• eg: Watching Marte in a hypnotic state tend to her fingernails while the world was crumbling around her increased my love for her tenfold <3

And Brayelin's WTF Face was priceless

• Park jeong ah is OH in korean league. And she have been playing OH in NT after 2015. Before she played MB, OH in NT. She played Opp in 2018, scoring most points from team in 2018 Wch. Her reception is quite not good so she is not playing OH in NT, also she didn't got receptions in korean league though she is OH.

Han songyi is not in NT anymore, and she is playing as MB in korean league as a substitute.

1st MB was yang hyojin for a long years, but she seems to get less chances under lavarini's lead. She attacks very uniquely, like open attacks in center, but lavarini banned it because it didn't suit with his volleyball style. Kim suji play as 1st middle now, and yang as 2nd. 38 years old MB Jung daeyoung will play as 2nd middle in OQT January I think because she is good at a,b quick and moving attacks. She was given a rest by lavarini because of her age right now.

The biggest difference for KOR between matches with DOM and JPN was libero Oh jiyoung I think. She plays as a starter for 6 years in NT. She was good at digs but she was very not good at reception for a long time. She sometimes makes errors thatis so crucial that literally gave game to opponents. Her reception was poor in DOM's game too, not to mention vs CHN game. That makes setter Lee dayeong very puzzling, leading to lose if Korea. However libero Oh jiyoung comes in to beat JPN, and the reception was excellent compared to last 2 games. That makes setter more stable leading to victory of the country. I think libero Oh jiyoung will play as a starter from now on.

• You never know about that. I want the Korean team to make it to the Olympics but Thailand is a strong team too.

Thailand is a strong team and the day they play crazy it is so hard to get victory from them. Also OQ is played in Thailand making hard to expect the result of game. Korea's ups and downs is really huge. They occasionally make results that anybody has expected; losing to weak teams, and winnijg to strong teams. I think we should watch OQ january because both team has so huge ups and downs.

• 1st MB was yang hyojin for a long years, but she seems to get less chances under lavarini's lead. She attacks very uniquely, like open attacks in center, but lavarini banned it because it didn't suit with his volleyball style.

high balls in the middle, like the cubans... i guess lavarini doesn't think she's the new nancy carrillo... LOL

• I'm simply batty from this schedule, waking up at 3:00am to watch Japan after trying to watch some of the earlier matches before needing to get some sleep before getting up for Japan. I can't shift my world enough to be able to watch everything from 7:00pm to 6:00am the next day. But it looks like I have a night off now to catch up on some sleep and some matches I missed. I think I'll start with NED v Brazil. That one sounded fun.

• Korea is just pwning Japan lately. Nice to see them at almost full strength. Those Lee sisters are something. Not to mention the awesome Kim Heejin :)

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Heejin. Something about her doesn't work for me. I'd rather want Park Jeong Ah. Although, I have to say Heejin's power serves are amazing but I haven't seen her do them recently.

• To be honest, I'm not a fan of Heejin. Something about her doesn't work for me. I'd rather want Park Jeong Ah. Although, I have to say Heejin's power serves are amazing but I haven't seen her do them recently.

She tried a couple and gave up. I think it's dangerous to have a jump/power serve and back away from it. To me that says the other side is gonna beast you because your confidence is down. Bad spiral can happen there.

• OMG. Not sure if it's ok to post this but I just found this photo of the Russian coach doing the "eye slant" after their win against South Korea at the most recent international. Wow, this is NOT cool.

ë¬ìì ì¬ì배구 ì½ì¹, íêµ­ì  ì¹ë¦¬ ë¤ 'ë 찢기' ì¸ë¦¬ë¨¸ë (ìì¸=ì°í©ë´ì¤) ë¬ìì ì¬ì배구 ëííì ì´í리ì ì¶ì  ì¸ë¥´ì§ì¤ ë¶ì¬í  ììì½ì¹ê° 5ì¼(íêµ­ìê°) ë¬ìì 칼리ëê·¸ë¼ëì ìí르ë경기ì¥ìì ì´ë¦° 2020ë ëì¿ì¬ë¦¼í½ ì¸ê³ìì  Eì¡° 3ì°¨ì ìì íêµ­ìê² ì¹ë¦¬ ë¤ ì íì ì¸ ì¸ì¢ì°¨ë³ íìì¸ 'ë 찢기' ì¸ë¦¬ë¨¸ë를 íê³  ìë¤. [ì¤í¬ë¥´í¸ 24 캡ì². ì¬í매 ë° DB ê¸ì§] photo@yna.co.kr

• OMG. Not sure if it's ok to post this but I just found this photo of the Russian coach doing the "eye slant" after their win against South Korea at the most recent international. Wow, this is NOT cool.

Yes, we have that discussion when that happened... I despise this guy so much <X It is an awful mix of blatant ignorance and pure racism, really, really disgusting

• Yes, we have that discussion when that happened... I despise this guy so much <X It is an awful mix of blatant ignorance and pure racism, really, really disgusting

My bad. I must have missed that discussion. What's worse is, (1) Busato "apologized" but said he was "surprised" that it was offensive (2) FIVB doesn't have any official disciplinary actions for racist gestures..

• My bad. I must have missed that discussion. What's worse is, (1) Busato "apologized" but said he was "surprised" that it was offensive (2) FIVB doesn't have any official disciplinary actions for racist gestures..

We had some others "incidents" of that type, and FIVB never does a thing about it, all they care about is money after all... Serbia NT made this gesture out of pure ignorance too but i don't remember in what context that happened... They thought that they were paying homage or something like that :mad:

• Reminds me of Christmas lights. :heart:

This is one of the benefits of having the Japanese broadcasters sponsoring the tournament. FujiTV is on the media board of the FIVB. Fuji is trying things to make the game more enjoyable and better for fans who want details. In the past we never had speeds, rally lengths or spike heights and now we do.

Actually this reminded me of the FoxTrax glowing puck for NHL hockey from 1996-1998.

• We had some others "incidents" of that type, and FIVB never does a thing about it, all they care about is money after all... Serbia NT made this gesture out of pure ignorance too but i don't remember in what context that happened... They thought that they were paying homage or something like that :mad:

They did suspend him, which was during European championship.

http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=88406&Language=en

Also Argentina did it during the men’s Olympic Qualifiers in China last month.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/L…ntina-national-team-.html