2019 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Yikes, that's weird coming from Mendez indeed. It's not the same kid who used to play as libero in Sada Cruzeiro, right?

By the way, how are you guys over in Argentina feeling about Danani these days? I remember you had harsh words for him last VNL, but he seems to be doing well. Not Gonzalez-level of good yet, but good enough.

He can also double as libero. I suppose that is his redeeming quality...

About Danani, this year is the opposite: he's the only one in the team that is playing well. At least compared to pieces of trash like Pereyra and the OHs (except Martínez).

• Yes.

And it's pure and simple nepotism, he doesn't have the level of his teammates. He's not even tall nor has a powerful serve, you can't justify his inclusion in any way honestly.

I'm really disappointed with Mendez for calling him (and also the way the team is playing this VNL, but well, we're just 7 games into this new coach era...).

maybe Mendez is trying to play with him as oh to have a better reception.

• What is Mendez' role as an OH?

I love his movement in these freakishly fast balls. I worry about his lower back though. lol

Yeah I thought Lisinac can copy Giannelli's connection with Sole in Trento but I guess it's just not one of his ability to do all those feats like the argentine. Maybe it's just one of those latin men thing. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• He is doing a Gabi-like movement, only on the middle and very fast. :rolll:

If only Argentina had more talent. I wonder what Sole could have been capable of doing if he was deployed and trained as a wing spiker.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• maybe Mendez is trying to play with him as oh to have a better reception.

Jan Martínez is also a defensive OH and he's better than this Mendez guy in every aspect of the game, even reception and defense. I mean, Mendez deserves a test (I guess) but when a real tournament comes he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

• I was in my way to ask if the Mendez guy is Marcelo's son, but like a joke, but for me it would be the only reason why he is starter. But then it was true :huh:

Yes, Danani, indeed, has improved quite a lot in comparison to last VNL edition. Last year he was a hole in reception and quite disorganized in defese. Maybe he was considered the fourth option for libero? Now, he is playing more solid.

Btw, since last week I am still wondering why Pereyra is back to the NT. I thought his days there were way over.

I would like to see Bruno Lima playing more. And also..it is such a pity Matias Sanchez is so small:( I just love his technique, even more than De Cecco's one. He is one of the best young setters nowaydays, as his dad, Yeyo, said.

• Why is Pereyra still playing international volleyball in 2019??? he's goddamn fucking awful!, can't kill any counter and misses a ton of serves with his awful technique.

• That wasn't a bad match from Argentina considering they've used Mendez.

#FreeBritney

• Luburic looks very Lannister-ish with the color of his jersey.

#FreeBritney

• Petkovic just doesn't do it for me. Even the fourth opposite that saishuu crushes on is more impressive to me

#FreeBritney

• Serbia's block is saving them in the second set. They just have to do more in attack to win.

#FreeBritney

• Daddy Sokolov is playing today :cheesy:

• Whatever happened to Bulgaria Men NT's white short shorts, circa 2017 WL. Maybe it caused such a distraction to the opponents FIVB decided to ban it :lol: