2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• Ukraine didn't even use one substitute and completely destroyed Netherlands. This match is a text book example of what can happen if you rely on your opposite without a decent backup plan

If there had to be one team to lose from in this way it's Ukraine in these times. But still we completely sank through the bottem line

• Clevenort hás been playing poorly on reception

• Does it make a difference if you lose 3-2 or 3-0 in the rankings? Or u get same amount of points no matter how u win or lose

USA winning 3-2 against Turkey gained 0 ranking points. If the USA won 3-0, they probably would have got 3 or 4 ranking points.

• This loss is a bit hard to swallow…

Japan had chances to make history but some mistakes and poor set decisions by Sekita ruined it. At least it’s the match since a while the Ishikawa, Nishida & Takahashi trio all played at a good level, and they showed they are more than just an “average team”. But with Sekita as setter (I really miss Fuji;() and those useless MBs, it’s really hard for them to make it even further to be one of the best teams.

• The Japanese MBs have been completely useless since set 4, and Sekita decided to set to him at 15:15 of the tiebreak:mad::mad::mad:

And how many times have Sekita caused confusions in defense?:wall::wall::wall:

Onodera is better than Yamauchi. I would have preferred Kentaro Takahashi (not in the team) because he is just Better than Yamauchi. Sekita is just moving too much and basically has to learn to not do everything.

tough loss for Japan, but the kids look good going forward. I mean 3 blocks and 2 errors separated these two teams. France did not play well enough today even Grebnikov had an off day in defense. Nishida was basically unstoppable.

Tillie is likely done for the tournament with him not being able to put weight on his foot. Clevenot, is going to be targeted to serve receive by everyone going forward.

• Well, if they have 3 amazing players and 3 subpar players, that makes them average :whistle: But I get what you mean.. I never watched Japan and tried my luck with this tie break and their setter got in my nerves, soo bad.. but it was entertaining at least..

• Japan I will say have had a good year. Beating Brazil on the road in VNL was impressive. Beating a more athletic Cuba, impressive in the World Champs and taking France to 5 today. Serving by Sekita is really too easy and he could be a better setter. Murayama and Kentaro would give some competition in the MB spot.

• if you had 2 hitters and a middle you can do damage. But you might struggle in a rotations or two. Three hitters can do damage around the rotations, but if you can get 1 middle and three hitters, you are really tough to play.

• Onodera is better than Yamauchi. I would have preferred Kentaro Takahashi (not in the team) because he is just Better than Yamauchi. Sekita is just moving too much and basically has to learn to not do everything.

Onodera is a ghost in this whole tournament. Yamauchi wasn’t as bad as him until the 4th set of this match, but none of them can make a big impact anyway. I always hoped Kentaro to have a chance but it has been a mystery why he was always cut from the team at the last minute.

• Well, if they have 3 amazing players and 3 subpar players, that makes them average :whistle: But I get what you mean.. I never watched Japan and tried my luck with this tie break and their setter got in my nerves, soo bad.. but it was entertaining at least..

To be more precise, they have 4 amazing players as their libero is definitely one of the best, but with 1 subpar player and 2 not found on court:aww:

• Japan I will say have had a good year. Beating Brazil on the road in VNL was impressive. Beating a more athletic Cuba, impressive in the World Champs and taking France to 5 today. Serving by Sekita is really too easy and he could be a better setter. Murayama and Kentaro would give some competition in the MB spot.

Brazil won 3-0 in the VNL. Japan won a friendly match before the VNL.