Poland - Liga Siatkówki Kobiet 2019/20

• Radomka and MKS Kalisz decided not to play the 9th place play-off. That means season is over for them.

A lot of young players teams decided to stop the trainings for the next two weeks. Also the schools, universities, theathers, cinemas and museums are closed for next two weeks.

• The play-offss in second and thrid division are suspended.

Also the U-19, U-17 and U-15 championships are suspended. There is posibility they will be cancelled.

• It is not official but according to the rumors players already got information the league is cancelled.

• Olga was having really good season and Legionovia had a big chance to win the first medal in its history.

• Strantzali gave an interview.

Translation from google translate

“It was decided to stop the championship and so I immediately booked a ticket to return to Greece! Because I'm afraid the airports will be closed here . I have to empty the house in one day as all of this is very sudden, but we have to be careful because things are serious. We had so far been banned from moving to other cities, and had to stay in Legionnaire, we couldn't even go to Warsaw, which is only a quarter from here

Things are not too bad here, as they have acted faster than in Italy. They do not have many outbreaks around 50, but they have taken steps early to prevent the worst, having closed the border between cities. Only pharmacies and supermarkets will remain open to us. "

She concluded: "My parents are very worried and they tell me to come back with them. Don't be here in quarantine alone, let's all go through this together. What I mean is that people are not terrified and just take action. It is better to stay home for three weeks than to make things worse for us all! "

stop: the greek word she used means that the league is cancelled and not just postponed

• I am confused what she really meant.:teach:

She says "It is better to stay home for three weeks than to make things worse for us all!" but then she immediately booked a ticket to return to Greece!:what:?(

• I am confused what she really meant.:teach:

She says "It is better to stay home for three weeks than to make things worse for us all!" but then she immediately booked a ticket to return to Greece!:what:?(

She kind of had to do this because the international flights were cancelled in Poland. Other playes did the same. For example, Kraiduba returned to Ukraine, Maciagowski to Canada.

• Congrats to Chemik Police!

I will create a thread for new season tonight.

• THE SEASON IS OFFICIALY FINISHED.

the winner of LSK 2019/20 is Chemik Police, the silver medalist - Developres Skyres Rzeszów and ŁKS Commercecon Łódź with the bronze.

Why? They didn't play and win any final.

How could you pick a winner who won nothing yet?

• Why? They didn't play and win any final.

How could you pick a winner who won nothing yet?

Chemik won the regular season, and both Polish Cup and SuperCup this season, so I think that they deserved to be called Polish Champion.

• I know what happened. But still, I don't find it fair. German Bundesliga solution is the best for me.

They were supposed to win the play-offs to be champions, that's why they shouldn't have be awarder champions, since there was no play-offs at all.

• QPL I'm not sure how it's working in other leagues but in Poland players who got medals receive extra cash bonus. It's mentioned in each contract. I think the league's board wanted to make it 'fair' for the players, who practised from July/August and played the whole regular season.