Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• well... praia's serving and blocking were amazing... i thought luizomar was silly in putting in tome for ellen, like tome is gonna be an improvement in passing (or attacking)? and then later he put in vanessa. maybe he should have tried bjelica as receiving OH and casanova as OPP...

this is shaping up to be an interesting season... in the beginning minas was struggling, people were saying that deja and acosta were not good enough for this level, and now they're both finding their rhythm and things are improving. minas might even reach the finals...

barueri started like a rocket, with that magical run in the paulista, they beat osasco and i think, also bauru and pinheiros, and now they're struggling, even lorenne sometimes. the other day, against minas, ze even tried that risky strategy he did at the pan am, he had both kisy and lorenne together on court, some rotations kisy received serve (and got aced), but mostly they played with 2-woman passing...

• i really hope even if brazilian players are on opposite positions, they should know how to receive as well. Leila back then mari as well were able to pull it through even walewska can receive during the time libero was not yet the option for pass and defence.

• thanks, sloth... UGH, i don't know if i can watch another low quality video... :(<X:wall:

i wish alternative retro would have these and post them... he/she posts good quality videos...

It's a Christmas Miracle :P

• thanks, sloth, but i already watched that in low def... ;(=O:wall:

now if only we could find bauru x minas in high def.

guys, check out this set by gattaz at 2:20:40! it's incredible.

are you shitting me? they stopped the game because pigeon droppings hit gattaz????

• they lost a point or the other team rewarded with a point? sorry i am not familiar with how red card works in volleyball 😂

polina blocked the opponent, so her team got a point; but she also got a red, so the opponent was also awarded a point.

a yellow is a warning; the next infraction, they get a red and a point is awarded to the opponent; a yellow and red together is an expulsion. last season, yusleyni herrera got into a fight with the ref. and was expelled from the match.

• They really need to relax a bit with throwing red/yellow cards in volleyball. Reserve it for something more serious than a spontaneous display of swagger.

ok, but it's bad form to scream at opponent's face. you want to scream, turn around first. besides, rahimova is famous for being provocative and aggressive. she's had many battles with other players -- i don't remember the match, but there's a famous one, in which at match point, naz blocks her and screams at her face in revenge ("take that, bitch!")...

here's the highlights of her battles with other players:

https://www.youtube.com/result…ch_query=rahimova+afronte

• I know, I'm aware of her reputation and that incident with Naz....TBH I'm here for all of that. 😃 We need more personality in this sports. As long as they dont over step boundaries, a little shit talking doesnt really hurt anyone. In a way it kinda help foster a healthy rivalry too. It creates an instant storyline for fans of either team and it makes a regular game into something more...like you wonder what their interaction would be like in the next go around. Anyway I'm not saying to completely go away with penalty cards I just want them to loosen up a bit and to remember that its a competitive sports and not a snowflake convention.

• I know, I'm aware of her reputation and that incident with Naz....TBH I'm here for all of that. 😃 We need more personality in this sports. As long as they dont over step boundaries, a little shit talking doesnt really hurt anyone. In a way it kinda help foster a healthy rivalry too. It creates an instant storyline for fans of either team and it makes a regular game into something more...like you wonder what their interaction would be like in the next go around. Anyway I'm not saying to completely go away with penalty cards I just want them to loosen up a bit and to remember that its a competitive sports and not a snowflake convention.

No we definitely don't need that! What we need is more sportsmanship on the court. Those players are role model for youngsters and volleyball is known to be a very civilised sports compared to other contact-sports

To be honest, it makes me sick to see people are indeed cheering for such ugly acts:what::white: if you wanna see drama, go watch a drama movie. Volleyball is a sport where sportsmanship is promoted:hit:

• No we definitely don't need that! What we need is more sportsmanship on the court. Those players are role model for youngsters and volleyball is known to be a very civilised sports compared to other contact-sports

You say civilized, I see neutered. IDK maybe because I enjoy hockey where the art of chirping is engrained and almost a sports in itself. Nobody would bat an eyelash and confused a celebration of a goal or chirping someone on face-off as being unsportmanlike. Different sport/different culture i guess. I mean i can understand the viewpoint like when you see a lot of people complaining about the "excessive" way Ebrar celebrates and all I see is a very passionate player. It's just funny to me that you have to follow some arbitrary rules like "if you wanna scream, turn around first"....Anyway it's not a hill I'm going to die on. I just wish we have more personality in volleyball to make them a little bit more relatable. That's all.

To be honest, it makes me sick to see people are indeed cheering for such ugly acts:what::white: if you wanna see drama, go watch a drama movie. Volleyball is a sport where sportsmanship is promoted:hit:

And excuse you...DRAMA is part of every sports. I'm not talking telenovela slap you across the head after you wake up from a coma drama. That's not what I want. Get off the high horse, man! Lol