Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• So next season they can basically have Osasco 2012-ish team, filled with A-players and more foreigners? I think the Americans are going to swarm Brazil next season. Really wish to see Plummer playing in Brazil. Or even Tomkom.

They can, but they won't... They don't have money... People who defend the ranking say that the league would be more fair with it, but we had SESC winning every single season for years!

It will continue the same, with the difference that now players won't be forced to transfer to another team or Europe (Minas last year had 2 ranking players, Natalia and Gabi, and cast a vote to make Macris a ranking player too, so in the end they had 3, and because of that they weren't allowed to have all of them for this new season - they already knew that they would lost the OHs - but the most important was that they locked Macris... Even if she wanted to go, only place for her would be Europe, because no other top club would be allowed to have her without changing their whole squad, breaking contracts and stuff like that...

Now players will have more freedom to play wherever they want to... And they deserve that...

• no ranking— doesn’t that make bigger teams even stronger? if they have the money, they can get whoever they want.

why foreigners must be from different countries? that doesn’t make sense ...

I don't think teams will build rosters with way more than two or three players who used to ranked, because this would require an estellar investment. The situation of our economy is not good and sponsorships are being reduced year after year (e.g. Minas - the roster for 18/19 was better than the one from 19/20, even after winning every regional/national tittles in past season).

About foreign players: some other leagues have similar rules too (the Italian one if I am not mistaken). The thing is that if you manage to sign with players who have been together for ages in the NT, you asume they already have a good connection and this is an advantadge compared to those who are building their teams out of nothing.

• 3 foreigners allowed per team but from different countries.

Is this clear anywhere? Bauru wants Castillo and a Dominican middle...

• After COVID19 and with the devaluation of our currency in Brazil, the league will very weak next year. The teams won't afford many foreigners. They are too expensive.

• Jineiry?

there are rumors a big team wants her, so yeah, probably Bauru

I agree with Sidney btw, I think the league will be very week unless the big teams manage to keep deep pockets even after this pandemic wears out. I don't see how they're gonna hire one, let alone 3 foreigners.

• Is this clear anywhere? Bauru wants Castillo and a Dominican middle...

Source: Webvôlei and Voloch.

Voloch says different countries while webvôlei wrote that the limit is 2 of the same country.

So Bauru can still have both Castillo and Jineiry

• In the table below you all can see how each team voted.

TEAM RANKING NUMBER OF
    FOREIGNERS
    END OF
    THE SEASON
    Dentil /Praia Clube Against 3 YES
    Sesc RJ In favor 2 YES
    Itambé Minas Against 3 NO
    Sesi Bauru Against 3 NO
    Osasco Audax Against 3 YES
    São Paulo/Barueri Against 2 YES
    Fluminense In Favor 2 YES
    Curitiba Against 3 YES
    Pinheiros In favor 3 YES
    Flamengo In favor 2 YES
    Athletes Commission Against 2 YES

Source: Melhor do Vôlei

• 3 foreigners allowed per team but from different countries.

What's the logic behind this?:what:

• Meanwhile the male league is kept LOL most clubs decided not to cancel it. Of course they are not training and playing, but still...

• i think that the logic is not provide a good enviroment for a team who will face Brazilian NT. Example if 3 Dominican players are at the same team, its almost a half team.

I think that the current situation its way better than in the past (Sesc reining era) with Just Osasco, Rio and sometimes SESI and Amil with a good budget. At that time Italy superlega was at their worst days. Imagine that a couple of best players of Italian competition were in the next season hired from Brazilian NT. Seria A1 is now really strong.

Osasco, Sesc, Praia, Minas, Sesi Bauru and Flamengo has potential to hire good players. For sure some teams has more money.

• Some foreigner players are not that expensive.

• on the other hand, more mid card players will have no choice but to play for the lower rank team and that will improve the bottom half of the league right?

Probably.

But as we said, neither the team top teams will afford only top players in their roster. Some will still have to hire mid level players for some positions just like what happens this year.

• do they? Stysiak and Kakalewska play in the same team

I think the rule there is that they cannot have 3 of the same nationality.. 2 is okay

They made this rule after one season Conegliano had a lot of USA players.. in one of Alisha Glass' seasons, I don't remember when exactly