Brazil - Women's Superliga 2019/2020

• Camila Brait has been with NT since WCCH 2010 at least. She was considered the next one after Fabi. She played at WCCh 2014 às starter.

However leia delivered really great at World Gran Prix 2016 and was listed to Rio 2016. So Camila was cut in 2016 and 2012 ( she traveled to london in the case of Natalia Pereira might not be in condition to play, so she was the last one to be cut at London 2012).

The libero who you are talking is Gabi Guimarães (world gran prix 2017 winner), she had an injury and are currently playing in SESC RIO, but she is not part of the starting seven.

He's talking about Fabi, not Gabiru. Notice the "super-amazing".

• There might be some compilation videos about Fabi on Youtube. You'd like her I think, she was amazing. Still one of my favorite players ever to this day. She seems like an awesome person off-court too!

Fabi, not Gabi :) I have seen her play, I guess from going backwards in time on youtube. Now that you say "Fabi" I remember seeing her and commenting about her on this forum long ago. Something like "Wow, Brazil has a good libero" and like fifteen people responded <3:!: FABI :!:<3

She seems to be before Camila Brait's time. I wonder why I know of her and not Camila.

• [Edit] The 2012 OGs is where I've seen Fabi. I have a bunch of those matches in HD from before they outlawed them. That was when, like, every body about Brazil was super-amazing.

• <3:!: FABI :!:<3

She seems to be before Camila Brait's time. I wonder why I know of her and not Camila.

Brait never really achieved anything significant with the NT or had brilliant performances like Fabi did. That's probably why you've never heard of her.

• Fabi is that one in a lifetime player imo. She was more than just a libero. She was a leader of her team. Brazil glory days have her name written all over it. She always make you feel that it things are gonna be okay with her guarding the floor.

I watched some of the BRA v JPN OG 2012 last night. You guys must really miss those Golden Days :P A group of super models who happen to be really good volleyball players :super:

• I don't want to fear-monger but there's a surge of coronavirus infection in Brazil during the last 24 hours and it seems like there's a top Bolsonaro aide that got the virus too.

I just have a feeling the league could eventually go behind closed doors without a live audience in the coming days. It's still not as extreme as Europe based on the data provided but the surge of the infection and the shit going round the world now might lead to it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I wouldn't be surprised everything gets shut down in the upcoming days. We're at less than 100 cases as of now (I think?), but still.

There's a chance Bolsonaro's contracted the virus too, as the guy who tested positive was with both him and Trump (and Mike Pence too). If I could trade volleyball for that to actually happen I would, so Corona better do its job in this case.

• By the way, in regards to the next Superliga:

1) There'll still be a ranking system;

2) Teams will be able to sign THREE foreigners instead of two.

• By the way, in regards to the next Superliga:

1) There'll still be a ranking system;

2) Teams will be able to sign THREE foreigners instead of two.

How many 7 point players can still be in one team? Is it still 2? Or now 3 as well?

• Fabi is that one in a lifetime player imo. She was more than just a libero. She was a leader of her team. Brazil glory days have her name written all over it. She always make you feel that it things are gonna be okay with her guarding the floor.

So true! So far i have the feeling that if Fabi would have played at rio olympics Brasil would have won the tittle

• How many 7 point players can still be in one team? Is it still 2? Or now 3 as well?

Just 2.

• sitenoise, i think most of 2012 matches are still on YT. i think -- not having followed rio -- that london games was of the highest level, at least the women's competition. you had the gold generation of TUR, which did not advance to QF because they were in the toughest pool. if they had to face GBR and ALG, they'd have gone on to the next round for sure, it was very unbalanced.

also US was the favorite for gold, but BRA had an amazing team -- too bad for mari and paula, but it was the coming out of fe garay. the QF against RUS was to give everybody heart attacks (and that infamous bad call by the lineswoman -- that ball was in by a meter -- which fort. didn't change the outcome of the game)... in the finals, US just had another epic collapse... and that incredible upset of CHN by JPN -- up to then, CHN would have won 9 out of 10 matches against JPN, but JPN chose the biggest stage to get their revenge... and kim leading KOR to another upset in the QF, of ITA... and also blanking BRA 3-0 in pool play... and epic matches of CHN x BRA, US x BRA and US x CHN (hodge shining then) in first round as well...

great games!!!!!

• sitenoise, i think most of 2012 matches are still on YT. i think -- not having followed rio -- that london games was of the highest level, at least the women's competition. you had the gold generation of TUR, which did not advance to QF because they were in the toughest pool. if they had to face GBR and ALG, they'd have gone on to the next round for sure, it was very unbalanced.

also US was the favorite for gold, but BRA had an amazing team -- too bad for mari and paula, but it was the coming out of fe garay. the QF against RUS was to give everybody heart attacks (and that infamous bad call by the lineswoman -- that ball was in by a meter -- which fort. didn't change the outcome of the game)... in the finals, US just had another epic collapse... and that incredible upset of CHN by JPN -- up to then, CHN would have won 9 out of 10 matches against JPN, but JPN chose the biggest stage to get their revenge... and kim leading KOR to another upset in the QF, of ITA... and also blanking BRA 3-0 in pool play... and epic matches of CHN x BRA, US x BRA and US x CHN (hodge shining then) in first round as well...

great games!!!!!

And Dani Lins... What she did in that game against Russia was unbelievable! She wasn't and she will never be that good ever again..