Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• It seems a new habit to terminate contracts with players who have medical/physical problems before the season and simply replace them with other players instead of taking care of them and wait for them to get healthy. Weiskircher, Hodanova, Wallace...I don't remember so many pre-season-contract-terminations from the previous years.

• Eventually Münster is not going to sign another OH due to financial reasons. They made really bad planning, signing 4 MBs but only 2 OHs :down: Apparently both OPPs were playing as receivers in preparation matches, and Keller played a lot of matches as OH last season already, but either way it leaves them with only 4 players for OH/OPP. Both liberos can also play as OH, but not really on very high level.

Meanwhile, Saskia van Hintum has been announced as new head coach of Swiss NT. Won't affect her job in Aachen though...

• The whole Alba Hernandez to Vilsbiburg thing is still very mysterious. She's been on many photos from the team training camp on social media, but she's not on the official team photo nor on the official rosters on the club's website and VBL website. I wonder if they're still trying to raise money in order to be able to sign her as additional player, but right now they first need to find a replacement for the injured OH.

• The whole Alba Hernandez to Vilsbiburg thing is still very mysterious. She's been on many photos from the team training camp on social media, but she's not on the official team photo nor on the official rosters on the club's website and VBL website. I wonder if they're still trying to raise money in order to be able to sign her as additional player, but right now they first need to find a replacement for the injured OH.

Well, the puertorican media already talked about her in Bundesliga. So I guess it's pretty official.

Source: https://www.primerahora.com/de…aajugaraalemania-1361126/

• She was playing in friendly tournament in Poland last week.

EFEoqgOXUAEFfS9?format=jpg&name=large

Which leads me to the question (that Google already answered partially): who is Nelmaira Valdez, and why is she in Vilsbiburg's roster as well? I learned that she is OPP from Venezuela and played in Hungary the last seasons...

Well, the puertorican media already talked about her in Bundesliga. So I guess it's pretty official.

Source: https://www.primerahora.com/de…aajugaraalemania-1361126/

I saw that, that's why I don't understand why Vilsbiburg hasn't announced her yet and didn't even include her on the team photo etc...

• I hope the puertorican girls can adapt well to Bundesliga. I'm worried mostly about the weather: they are used to live in a tropical warm island.

I remember once Shonda Cole had to give up a contract in Italy because of the weather (the cold gave her headaches when she played in Spain for Benidorm; which is a not very cold place) and decided to stay just in PR for the rest of her career. Vilbiburg is also a very small town. It won't be easy at all.

• Finally the league announced, that in this seasons playoffs beginning with the semis the video challenge system will be applied - more professional and clean approach I think (Volleyball Magazine).

• Dutch MB from Dresden problem with knee and maybe end of season.

According to Dresden's press release it's "only" a meniscus injury, so she'll be out for a while but surely not the whole season.

Meanwhile Stuttgart (i.e. Renkema) complains big time because Kästner returned from NT with an injured back and is going to miss the start of the season. She makes it sound like NT doctors and physios didn't take good care of her, but at the same time the article clearly states that Kästner totally wanted to play ECH. IMO in the end each player is responsible for herself, they are professionals and nobody is going to make them play against their will when they're injured (see Orthmann).

• Yes but Orthmann for me can play in ECH because she play directly in Italy and was not big injury only she is so smart that know that they don’t help her in National team. This is only my feelings. I don’t know what happened there but the feedback who is coming out is not o good.

1. Orthmann

2. Dürr on the end is the same reason I can’t play because they don’t take care so much about me

3. Pia

4. Hanke for me injury on the game but then she can’t play and finish game.

• All players of NT teams have the issue of overload combined with club season - they simply can't play every match they could combined because of lack of rest and injury risk or suffering from injuries by that. The big federations are ruining this...

• Another information from newest Volleyball Magazin: the budgets of all teams combined got to a new record height of 13 to 14 million Euro (just 11 teams), which makes it now on average above 1 million Euro per team - lead by Schwerin (2 to 2.2 million), Dresden and Stuttgart (1.8 million each) and some more confirmed teams having more than 1 million like Wiesbaden, Münster, Vilsbiburg and I guess Potsdam crossed it meanwhile too. There is just still missing a league sponsor like in Poland - if this could get done too, things would be relatively fine, save for the inferiority compared to the three biggest leagues of course (Turkey, Russia, Italy).

• Yes I read this but from my information and calculations of players Dresden must have 2 mln or even more. Only I don’t know that they are afraid about saying this or they don’t count payment for players directly from sponsor.

About league sponsor in women Poland league from 2-3 years the same don’t have sponsor.

• Yes I read this but from my information and calculations of players Dresden must have 2 mln or even more. Only I don’t know that they are afraid about saying this or they don’t count payment for players directly from sponsor.

About league sponsor in women Poland league from 2-3 years the same don’t have sponsor.

An old issue is, if the academy team is included in the financial frame or not: it costs typically one to two 100.000 Euro also.

• Yes but Orthmann for me can play in ECH because she play directly in Italy and was not big injury only she is so smart that know that they don’t help her in National team. This is only my feelings. I don’t know what happened there but the feedback who is coming out is not o good.

Orthmann didn't play at all in the last few friendly matches of Monza, so I guess she still isn't fully healthy.

Stuttgart added Alexandra Bura to their roster on VBL website, I guess she'll serve as emergency backup for Aydinogullari as long as Kästner is out.

• Another information from newest Volleyball Magazin: the budgets of all teams combined got to a new record height of 13 to 14 million Euro (just 11 teams), which makes it now on average above 1 million Euro per team - lead by Schwerin (2 to 2.2 million), Dresden and Stuttgart (1.8 million each) and some more confirmed teams having more than 1 million like Wiesbaden, Münster, Vilsbiburg and I guess Potsdam crossed it meanwhile too. There is just still missing a league sponsor like in Poland - if this could get done too, things would be relatively fine, save for the inferiority compared to the three biggest leagues of course (Turkey, Russia, Italy).

The question is, how the clubs define a "budget". Some, like Potsdam, always just mention the amount of money, they spend for the players (not sure if the coaching staff is also included). IMO the Big3 talk about an overall budget including full time management, facilities, ...

Just watch the team of Potsdam the last years. They always invested in a great starting six and were backing up with young players with a lot of potential. But already the starting six needed a budget which crossed the 1 million line years ago.

By the way: pretty interesting conversations in here. Glad to take part from now on! *hello all*

• For Stuttgart this is the sum of guaranteed money coming in this season (1.8 million Euro) for everything, including (federal) volleyball academy and second and third teams (based on that). They hope, that they will at most have to finance equally 1.8 million Euro, ideally less, to make a non-negative bilance, because there is still debt from former times.

With Dresden this may be seperated in this case, so 1.8 million Euro referes just to professional team, not including VCO/federal academy, which might cost another 200.000 Euro and bring the comparable sum to 2 million Euro. Similar consideration is for Schwerin, might be 2 million without and 2.2 million Euro with academy. Anyway, this contains everything, not just player salaries.