World Grand Prix 2007 - Results

• its a guaranteee that netherlands won the 2007 wgp even they lose to russia tomorrow.....but if china wins tomoroow against brazil the netherlands will hav trouble. i think the fivb base the winner of the fivb by the set ratio is that right??

• Quote from "Russia_Nikolai_Karpol"

its a guaranteee that netherlands won the 2007 wgp even they lose to russia tomorrow.....but if china wins tomoroow against brazil the netherlands will hav trouble. i think the fivb base the winner of the fivb by the set ratio is that right??

only the win loss records are tied, then fivb will calculate the set ratio
    BUT, netherland also won poland in str8 sets and italy 3-1,
    the probability will be there only if netherland losses to russia in str8 sets
    and china wins brazil 3-1

thats very difficult, netherland is almost guranteed to win the title :idea:

• Quote from "samba player"

Colossus, I like your predictions! You really are an expert in volleyball!! You said Netherlands will be a surprise and it is! You've said that Brazil won't win and it won't win! You said Italy isn't competitive and you were also right! The only thing you didn't predict well was Russia. But this is due to the fact that Sokolova, Godina, Gamova, Merkulova and Akulova have physical problems.

The Netherlands are amazing. They improve day by day!!! Stam, Flier, Visser, Wensink, Staelens all are improving!!

wow, samba, thanks so much for your nice words :oops:
    holland remains the same team but their blockers block so well

if you watch todays match russia against china, you will be surprised how badly russia play, which surprised me a great deal, 23 unforced errors---almost a set to china, so it didnt looks so well :cry2:

sokolova looks like she just recovers from illness though still very beautiful
    more surprising is godina

and i dont know what happens to godina, she scored only 2 points in the first 2 sets and safronova scored 10 in a little bit more than a set :shock:

after this years gp, i will think the italy will use aguero as wing spiker, she is so unstoppable in the previous match and other matches

if italy will pair aguero as hitter with piccinini, togut as opposite, this is also a formidable team in european champon this year

good news: tomorrow will decide all the medalists:
    netherland against russia for her first grand prix title
    china and brazil fight for the last two medals
    if italy did not play so badly tomorrow

• I don't know what is happening but Brazil is in real crisis! We beat them again 3-1!! :D :D :D

• Quote from "colossus"

if you watch todays match russia against china, you will be surprised how badly russia play, which surprised me a great deal, 23 unforced errors---almost a set to china, so it didnt looks so well :cry2:
    sokolova looks like she just recovers from illness though still very beautiful
    more surprising is godina
    and i dont know what happens to godina, she scored only 2 points in the first 2 sets and safronova scored 10 in a little bit more than a set :shock:

Russia and Brazil are in a bad period! But I'm almost sure they will soon regain their optimal form. It's just that the season after Worlds and Olympics is not easy for winning teams of the previous year. It has already happened in the past!

• Quote from "Justyna"

Could someone tell me if match Italy-Brazil will be on Raisportsat?

ITA-NED and ITA-CHN were it can also be...;)

• Quote from "Justyna"

Could someone tell me if match Italy-Brazil will be on Raisportsat?

It seems it will be on Raitre at 15.45h to 17.10. At Raisport at 16.00 I think, but for just half an hour. This is written on schedule, but they could change. So pay attention Justyna.

• At 16.30 at Raisportsat, it should be 1hour and half!

• Brazil´s Team performance is below the critic. That no one can deny.

As regards the match against Italy, the team started well but lost the 1st set due to some mistakes, in the second set, Brazil played well as well as the beginning of the third set, but then, Brazil's started to commit stupid mistakes and Italy took advantage of that. In the fourth set Italy gave no chances to Brazil in the beginning, but the team fought back in the end and transformed a lost by a large difference of points into a lost by 4 points only in the last set of the match.

Paula and Sheilla are being blocked very often and her spikes are also defended very often too. This is due to the fact that only them spike the decisive balls and the whole world is aware of that. In my opinion, the biggest problem with Brazil's team is reception and the balls distribution.

Today I liked Érika's performance. Her serves were a little better and I liked her attacks. She needs to improve in reception and also I hope she could someday serve the way she did 7 or 8 years ago. Her serves now are not even of a lousy memory of what she could do in 1999 and 2000.

• I have question Celso, Lothie or any other Brazilian. What happened to the players? All are unrecognizable! Sheilla and Erika played better today, but still. I don't remember Paula and Sheilla doing so many errors. Erika did a fantastic Championship in Italy this year, how it is possible that she is that mediocre. Sassa is not the best, but last year she played differently. How it is possible that the reception is that bad?

How were Fofao, Walewska and Mari playing at Pan Americans? Did they do well?

Is it something in the team that doesn't work? Are they divided in groups? Because it seems there is no communication!

I have question Celso, Lothie or any other Brazilian. What happened to the players? All are unrecognizable! Sheilla and Erika played better today, but still. I don't remember Paula and Sheilla doing so many errors. Erika did a fantastic Championship in Italy this year, how it is possible that she is that mediocre. Sassa is not the best, but last year she played differently. How it is possible that the reception is that bad?

How were Fofao, Walewska and Mari playing at Pan Americans? Did they do well?

Is it something in the team that doesn't work? Are they divided in groups? Because it seems there is no communication!

Well, they simply didn't start the season well... and it's not like there's any explanation.
    But, in MY point of view, Sheilla and Paula can't carry the team alone. If you take them out of that GP team, what would be left?? If you receive balls to attack all the time, you also make more mistakes... but all the teams realized that you need to make a good block on them to win against Brazil. No news there. And also, I'd trade both of them for one Aguero. You say that she is overloaded with balls, but Aguero scores a point even in a very hard situation. Paula and Sheilla don't.

Sassá and Érika aren't good this year. Don't ask me why, because I have no idea.

About the Pan American Games, Mari didn't play well in the first game, then Zé Roberto never put her again. He didn't even give a chance, even if Sheilla was ok, but she could have replaced a outside hitter (since Zé wanted Mari to play that position)... About Fofão and Walewska, I've seen them playing a lot better. And if you consider the finals of the Pan-Am... I think they weren't ok.

Now Fofão and Walewska are resting, but I disagree with that, because they won't play any important championship this year, and won't be prepared to face the World Cup.
    Honestly? Sometimes I think that the good results Brazil got in the last 2 years weren't that important to define how the team is, specially 2005, when Brazil won everything but beating teams without their main players (exception for China in WGC and Montreux). So, now, when OG is near (and everyone will do the possible to win it) we'll really see what is the real power of the team.

-- Sheilla said in an interview after the match against Italy that the team is not playing with happiness, maybe that problem that culminated with Mari's cut was bigger than everyone imagined... (here you can understand that they're apart in groups)... And they are too emotive. And I think they aren't humble.

• Netherlands is the champion the dutch beat the russia in 5sets.. it is a big surprise for me.....i think russia played bad in this final round theyre players not in 100 percent..i think the dutch is the black horse of this tournament. while volleyball superpowers are in big disappoinment hehehe////// :lol:

• Quote from "Youstyna"

Poland - Italy 3:0 (25:21, 25:18, 25:19) ;)

bravo Netherlands :)

Do you remember what I've said 7 days ago? Poland will certainly win against Italy!
    -First, Bonitta knows exactly how will Lo Bianco set, how Guiggi and Barazza attack (they were always blocked). Ortolani and Fiorin were Bonitta's favs (the first at the 2005 Euros and the second at GP 2005), so they just can't play against him. :(
    -Second, the Polish played really well. Congratulations!!!!

Did you see in the time-out, Bonitta was telling all the tricks and weaknesses of Italian players!

• I don't understand what is happening to Russia either? Too many mistakes! Kryuchkova and Akulova were really bad today. Caprara put Alimova in the back court for reception! Godina is unrecognizable. Gamova substituted in the last set is something really unusual. So many defendable balls fall on the court. No jump serves! Russia was unlucky, too many physical problems!

This is not the real Russia!!! The real Russia will be at ECH!

Do you remember what I've said 7 days ago? Poland will certainly win against Italy!

I never denied that we would win against Italy.
    bonitta knows them well and he said he was interested only a win with one team... (it is interesting with who??!!:P).

lena the best blocker uhuhuhuh :dance: