2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• If Plummer is planning to be an OH in the future for USA, she can kiss that goodbye if she plans to play in Japan. She won't be getting any passing reps there as she'd mostly be used for scoring. Same as with Simone Lee. Maybe she plans on being an Opposite more in her career.

Lee’s club gave her a chance to pass but to no avail. If the club sees that Plummer’s passing is okay then they will let her... once in a while.

• I disagree. They may practice it during trainings but during matches, Japanese players will always be better than those foreigner OHs who come to the team primarily for them to score. Brankica played there for 2 years but her passing hasn't improved. It makes sense - as a foreign player, the players around you play better passing so you as a tall player with an arm gets to swing.

Hisamitsu and JT are not the best choice to try and get a shot at game time passing. And the player has to want to improve. I don't think it was a Brankica priority. KYK said it was her biggest takeaway playing in Japan.

Rosamaria in Denso would be interesting. She could fight for a spot on the receiving line there. It would make her, and other Denso players, better. If that was a goal for her --she'd get a lot of practice and be the target with Inoue and Nabeya as the other choices of who to serve to

Reception doesn't mean you don't swing, in Japan. You watched Tanaka and Hayashi do it all the time. 595 catches/643 swings and 422/679 respectively. For comparison Annie had 1 / 778

• Hisamitsu and JT are not the best choice to try and get a shot at game time passing. And the player has to want to improve. I don't think it was a Brankica priority. KYK said it was her biggest takeaway playing in Japan.

Rosamaria in Denso would be interesting. She could fight for a spot on the receiving line there. It would make her, and other Denso players, better. If that was a goal for her.

Reception doesn't mean you don't swing, in Japan. You watched Tanaka and Hatashi do it all the time. 595 catches/643 swings and 422/679 respectively. For comparison Annie had 1 / 778

I know that receiving doesn’t equate to not passing but generally and mostly, the Japanese wingers will be the ones doing that task for the team. Both players you mentioned were JT’s Outside Hitters who were also given attacking duties. They will be tasked to pass because by nature, OHs, aside from the liberos will be in charge of the ball control. Drews didn’t pass because she’s the team’s opposite and their system just wanted her to prepare for an attack most of the time.

I think it’s a given fact that Japanese teams hire foreigners to kill the ball primarily. I think with KYK’s case, she already knew how to pass the ball at a professional level even before being part of JT, so maybe she was able to refine it more. She’s more of the exception not the rule. But when we talk about the Rolfzens or Lees or Plummers or Tomsias or Mihajlovices or Nerimans, these OHs will most of the time be asked to get away from the passing line and prepare for that kill.

• Lee’s club gave her a chance to pass but to no avail. If the club sees that Plummer’s passing is okay then they will let her... once in a while.

at this point in their careers thought, if they do still want to become OHs with good passing, they should be playing in leagues where they will be challenged to pass and not rely that much on teammates hence leagues like Italy, Turkey, Russia or Brazil will be good for them. In Japan, every local wing around you is miles and miles a better passer than you are so in game situations, they’ll do all the heavy lifting at the reception line.

• I know that receiving doesn’t equate to not passing but generally and mostly, the Japanese wingers will be the ones doing that task for the team. Both players you mentioned were JT’s Outside Hitters who were also given attacking duties. They will be tasked to pass because by nature, OHs, aside from the liberos will be in charge of the ball control. Drews didn’t pass because she’s the team’s opposite and their system just wanted her to prepare for an attack most of the time.

I think it’s a given fact that Japanese teams hire foreigners to kill the ball primarily. I think with KYK’s case, she already knew how to pass the ball at a professional level even before being part of JT, so maybe she was able to refine it more. She’s more of the exception not the rule. But when we talk about the Rolfzens or Lees or Plummers or Tomsias or Mihajlovices or Nerimans, these OHs will most of the time be asked to get away from the passing line and prepare for that kill.

Agree with all that. I'm just saying the opportunity is there for a player who wants it, who wants to work at it, and picks the right team.

• where has jineiry martinez been playing? when she started out, she was so promising but she hasn't developed as much as we expected...

Nowhere. She was probably waiting for the dominican LVS to start. She belong to Guerreras in her domestic league.

• sloth

Closed the thread.