Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• OMG I am a flop. Yes, I mean from Zenit. I like how the setter utilize him every chance he gets and he always deliver. How many MBs are on the radar now for the NT?

These MBs got a call from NT this year.

MB: Vlasov, Volvich, Kononov, Kurkaev, Lyzik, Tavasiev, Philippov, Yakovlev

Will Muserskiy be back? And if he isn’t, who will be his replacement?

Yes, he will. There are other options like Yakovlev, Kurkaev, Lyzik, and Volvich. Vlasov may have a chance. Konovov has to leave Zenit Kazan if he wanna be in NT the next years.

• The young OH that played when Deroo was out, is he good?

Yes, but I don't think he will go to Tokyo. But for sure you'll see him after that :lol:

• These MBs got a call from NT this year.

MB: Vlasov, Volvich, Kononov, Kurkaev, Lyzik, Tavasiev, Philippov, Yakovlev

Yes, he will. There are other options like Yakovlev, Kurkaev, Lyzik, and Volvich. Vlasov may have a chance. Konovov has to leave Zenit Kazan if he wanna be in NT the next years.

I gotta find out where all these players are playing now to watch them 😂😂😂 I only know Vlasov & Volvich 😂

• Is the OH department stacked for Russia? I only know Kliuka for that position. Who are the other OHs? I am not familiar with Russia team. Just starting to follow this league since quarantine and they are very entertaining.

Yes, there are so many options now. For instance, Kliuka, Volkov, Bogdan, Voronkov, Podlesnykh, Semyshev, and Ursov. Also, there are "the old ones" like Berezkho, Savin, and Karpukhov. Only Kliuka and Volkov have an international level, but Bogdan and Voronkov have much potential to be as good as them.

I gotta find out where all these players are playing now to watch them 😂😂😂 I only know Vlasov & Volvich 😂

Lyzik and Kurkaev play together in Lokomotiv Novosibirsk. Yakovlev and Philippov play in St. Petersburg.

• Yes, there are so many options now. For instance, Kliuka, Volkov, Bogdan, Voronkov, Podlesnykh, Semyshev, and Ursov. Also, there are "the old ones" like Berezkho, Savin, and Karpukhov. Only Kliuka and Volkov have an international level, but Bogdan and Voronkov have much potential to be as good as them.

Lyzik and Kurkaev play together in Lokomotiv Novosibirsk. Yakovlev and Philippov play in St. Petersburg.

sorry to bother you but can you help tell me which team these players are playing? Sorry for the trouble. 😂

• sorry to bother you but can you help tell me which team these players are playing? Sorry for the trouble. 😂

No problem. Semyshev and Podlesnykh play in Moscow, meanwhile, Kliuka and Ursov play in St. Petersburg. Actually, they were in the final. Volkov and Bogdan are in Fakel, and Voronkov is in Kazan's bench (bad choice).

• No problem. Semyshev and Podlesnykh play in Moscow, meanwhile, Kliuka and Ursov play in St. Petersburg. Actually, they were in the final. Volkov and Bogdan are in Fakel, and Voronkov is in Kazan's bench (bad choice).

oh I see. I might be familiar with them coz these are the teams that I keep on watching but didn’t know their name. Russia has a large pool of talent & most of them are playing in their own country.

how about the Opp & setter department? I know Mikhaylov is still the king but will Poletaev continue being the reigning prince or there is already another successor to the throne?

• https://volleybox.net/men-russ…-21-o14202/classification

Of course! He played last year in NT and was the best blocker in the World Cup. IMO, he is the best second Russian MB after Muserskiy.

He may be even the best Russian MB playing now, since if I'm not mistaken, Muserskiy is playing as Opp in his club. I really liked Yakovlev-Kurkaev duo in VNL and I think they are already locked for Tokyo. Muserskiy will be the 3rd MB if he is healthy.

• Will Russia's men league this season follow Final 6 or QF format? Hope they can do the former so we have more games coming in to the Finals.

Anyhow, I looked at the current team standings, and there is a big chance Moscow may overtake Kazan as #1 seed. Moscow and Kazan actually haven't met on the regular championship, so those games will surely be exciting scheduled sometime this month.

• Will Russia's men league this season follow Final 6 or QF format? Hope they can do the former so we have more games coming in to the Finals.

Anyhow, I looked at the current team standings, and there is a big chance Moscow may overtake Kazan as #1 seed. Moscow and Kazan actually haven't met on the regular championship, so those games will surely be exciting scheduled sometime this month.

There will be a Final 6.

http://www.volley.ru/competiti…eague=1&year=2021&x=9&y=0

• Just watched the match between Kazan & Lokomotiv. Lokomotiv’s young MBs were both doing well & their setter fed them as much as he could. Damn, Russia will not have to worry about producing MBs for years to come.

Abaev is definitely a good young setter along with MB Lyzik but i feel like Savin is usually the one who bails them out during difficult situation. Both need to be tested out in VNL.

For Tokyo I wont be surprise if Savin gets the 4th OH for his experience, leadership and FD with Sammelvuo bringing Kliuka and Volkov as the main OHs. The 3rd OH is the biggest question mark with couple of young guys vying having almost the same strengths.

the younger players that Sammelvuo brought to the NT seems to have great chemistry and everytime he brings Butko, Volvich & Musersky they dont seem to perform well. Even with Kovalev’s innacurate settings work with the newer guys.

If i were to form the OG team based on what everyone is showing now it will be

setter: Kobzar, Pankov, Kovalev
    OH: Volkov, Kliuka, Savin

MB: Kurkaev, Ilyakovlev

Opp: Mikhaylov, Musersky, Poletaev

Libero: Golubev

yup i will officially be taking only 2 MB & 3 OH while bringing 3 opposites & 3 setters but realistically Musersky can play MB and Mikhaylov OH and Savin libero if needed. Poletaev is having an very average season but he seem to play his best when playing with Kobzar, Ilyakovlev and Volkov so I will gamble taking him. 3 setters because Kobzar and Kovalev are such contrast while Pankov play making seem to be the most neutral and stable.

starting 6 will be Pankov, Kliuka, Volkov, Ilyakovlev, Kurkaev, Poletaev, Golubev

• What a comeback by Dinamo Moscow. Deroo only played one set, maybe the team doesn't want him to push himself too hard, which is a good thing.

The young OH who replaced him, he should be starter next season. He has talent and still a long way ahead of him. Do you guys know which team he should play for next season? Will Moscow keep Deroo and Podlesnykh as starter?

• 3 setters makesin a team with 12 spots makes non sense IMO

• What a comeback by Dinamo Moscow. Deroo only played one set, maybe the team doesn't want him to push himself too hard, which is a good thing.

The young OH who replaced him, he should be starter next season. He has talent and still a long way ahead of him. Do you guys know which team he should play for next season? Will Moscow keep Deroo and Podlesnykh as starter?

Well, Semyshev was supposed to play for Belogorie this season, but he left the team and joined Moscow. I think he could go to Kuzbass, Enisey or Lokomotiv, but he'll probably stay in Moscow.