Brazil Women's Superliga 2020/2021

• sesc’s problem in the first few matches is that using AC as passing OH is not working well. if he wants AC/lorenne playing together, then maybe he can try 2-woman passing with amanda and gabiru as libero (alternate with dru). but that’s very risky as well.

btw when is natinha returning?

Playoffs or next season, probably the latter

• Playoffs or next season, probably the latter

It's definitely next season. She's 100% out of this current one.

also ossubtus, regarding all the cups:

Super Vôlei: it was a one-time thing due to the pandemic; basically a bunch of friendly matches. didn't result in anything other than bragging rights for the winner.

Brazilian Cup: features the first 8 teams in the standings of the current season. the winner gets to play next season's Supercopa against the winner of Superliga.

Supercopa: match between the winner of Superliga and Brazilian Cup, basically an inauguration match to mark the beginning of Superliga. also doesn't result in anything other than bragging rights.

to sum everything up, the only thing that matters is the Superliga.

• In Europe, national cups and supercups are quite important throphies. It seems brazilians need some time to give importance to these tournamentes, but it hasn't been too long since they were added to the schedule. On the other side, it seems always more and more that the statal championships are losing their charm. Campeonato Paulista used to be as good as Superliga 20 years ago and the fight for the title was real.

• In Europe, national cups and supercups are quite important throphies. It seems brazilians need some time to give importance to these tournamentes, but it hasn't been too long since they were added to the schedule. On the other side, it seems always more and more that the statal championships are losing their charm. Campeonato Paulista used to be as good as Superliga 20 years ago and the fight for the title was real.

It's because the teams from Minas Gerais stepped it up this last decade. The teams from São Paulo (and Rio) aren't as dominant as they once were, which imo is good for the league. Having said that, the finals for both men and women's Paulista tournaments this year were quite good.

I think the same. Peopple here are not putting credit in those competition. Its not like only a competition who gives a spot to a international competition it the only one whom matters.

• imo I think flamengo could be at top

I see bernardinho as a magician that he makes a lot with little

What i saw at supervolei semi against minas was so outstanding

The problems since some season idk why is that sesc suffers with some many injuries

Also the receive has been a weakness in the team,last year was quite good but it seems that this year it get worse

• thanks, saishuu, now i remember last year’s brazil cup.

geesh, my brain is too scattered today with the news, but i went back to watch last night’s match because i missed the beginning. as i said, i think bernard will have to sometimes use gabiru, dru or sabrina as passing OH instead of AC to stabilize passing. also gabiru is probably a better libero than dru. gabi is like lucia bosetti, great in back row, mixed in front row (although she did well at the net yesterday). also AC might be better as backup OPP.

milka has bad connection with fabiola but she’s a good blocker. i think fabiola has good connection with jucy also because she’s a slider, and milka isn’t.

i hope camila & AC will come back soon.

• I don't think it's fair to compare the Brazilian cup with the European cups. For example, Italian cup gives a spot to the Champions League. I repeat: Brazilian cup should give the winner a spot to the South American Championship, then it would be much more respected.

• I don't think it's fair to compare the Brazilian cup with the European cups. For example, Italian cup gives a spot to the Champions League. I repeat: Brazilian cup should give the winner a spot to the South American Championship, then it would be much more respected.

Italian cup only give a spot to the supercup

Not champions league

• Just watched the first set between Sesc & Praia.

Why did Drussyla play as Libero when Gabiru was available? In my impression even when Dru was injury free, she was just “OK” in passing & defense but not any close to Libero level. And it’s surprising to see Gabiru played at the front row as OH again after that sad injury she had several years ago.

Why did Drussyla play as Libero when Gabiru was available? In my impression even when Dru was injury free, she was just “OK” in passing & defense but not any close to Libero level. And it’s surprising to see Gabiru played at the front row as OH again after that sad injury she had several years ago.

Drussyla is coming off what seems like countless injuries, so she's still not fit for continuous jumping/playing as as regular OH. Gabiru is in shape and Bernardo has also said that she is gonna be used as an OH this season instead of libero, so that's why she played front row instead. I think her experiment as a libero has failed, and given Brazil's lack of decent OHs, she's a good option for the market if we think long term.

Why did Drussyla play as Libero when Gabiru was available? In my impression even when Dru was injury free, she was just “OK” in passing & defense but not any close to Libero level. And it’s surprising to see Gabiru played at the front row as OH again after that sad injury she had several years ago

Libero camila gomes and ana cristina had some muscles problems,the first in supervolei and second at training

They were at bench to be recover for Superliga

And Drusylla always struggles with receive,1 serve she did good and next she send the ball anywhere

• Drussyla is coming off what seems like countless injuries, so she's still not fit for continuous jumping/playing as as regular OH. Gabiru is in shape and Bernardo has also said that she is gonna be used as an OH this season instead of libero, so that's why she played front row instead. I think her experiment as a libero has failed, and given Brazil's lack of decent OHs, she's a good option for the market if we think long term.

Thanks for explaining. It’s nice to see Gabiru in current form back from such an injury, and she did have some nice kills in the 2nd set! (Though I wonder why Fabiola kept sending the ball to pos.4 no matter the reception was good or bad, when her team actually has one of the best Opp in the league but Lorenne had such few ball to attack...)
    Who’s supposed to be the libero of Sesc? Is she also injured? I just don’t get this decision of Bernardo. I know Drussyla has had numerous injuries, but she’s still young, why rushing her to get back on court, instead of giving her body more time to recover? Even Gabiru can jump this high again! More important is, Dru is just NOT a libero material...

• Thanks for explaining. It’s nice to see Gabiru in current form back from such an injury, and she did have some nice kills in the 2nd set! (Though I wonder why Fabiola kept sending the ball to pos.4 no matter the reception was good or bad, when her team actually has one of the best Opp in the league but Lorenne had such few ball to attack...)
    Who’s supposed to be the libero of Sesc? Is she also injured? I just don’t get this decision of Bernardo. I know Drussyla has had numerous injuries, but she’s still young, why rushing her to get back on court, instead of giving her body more time to recover? Even Gabiru can jump this high again! More important is, Dru is just NOT a libero material...

He's using her at libero as she can't jump properly

Also like I said both liberos of sesc were into injuries

• Libero camila gomes and ana cristina had some muscles problems,the first in supervolei and second at training

They were at bench to be recover for Superliga

And Drusylla always struggles with receive,1 serve she did good and next she send the ball anywhere

That’s really unfortunate...

In this way I’d put Gabiru back to the libero position temporarily i/o of Drussyla if I were the coach. Drussyla had two free balls to receive in the second set, but both were sent so tight to the net and forced Fabiola to pass over the net (luckily she scored...) Also most of the serves were received by Amanda and Gabi, the area Dru covered was so small.

• SUPERLIGA ROUND 1

November 9th

CURITIBA x OSASCO 19h - TVNSPORTS

PINHEIROS x SESI 21h30 - SPORTV

November 10th

FLUMINENSE x SÃO PAULO 17h - TVNSPORTS

SÃO CAETANO x MINAS 19h - SPORTV

SÃO JOSÉ DOS PINHAIS x PRAIA CLUBE 20h - TVNSPORTS

FLAMENGO x BRASÍLIA 21h30 - SPORTV