Brazil Women's Superliga 2020/2021

• Did Jaque play as OH during this 4 years in NT? She had that experience as libero on the first VNL but that's all, right? Why would Ze call a player that he didn't use? Playing in Superliga is really really different than playing at international level

Not that I remember. Last time was in Rio. I'm honestly so over this whole Jaque thing to be honest.

• This could almost be applied to Fe Garay. She played one tournament during the entire 4 year cycle, the WCH in 2018, in which she and the entire team were a mess. I do like Fe and I think she's been playing awesome in the Superliga but to come back only for the Olympics is a huge mistake IMO.

• I think you guys forgot that Zé ask Sheilla to be back after giving birth and a 3 years break, for him being out for like a decade it's not a criterion. :rolll:

But Jaque probably will never come back to NT, not because of her game, but because of her behavior, she had issues with Zé Roberto this last time when she was called to be libero, plus she is 37 y.o and we need to move on.

But we all know Zé Roberto and how he is attached with the past, so if wasn't this problem I doubt that he woudn't ask her to be back. Especially because with the current shape of Amanda and Drussyla, there are only Gabi, Natália and Garay as experienced players in this position, and this days it's difficult to find players out there that can play like Jaque.

• I would take Ana Cristina as the 3rd or 4th OH but we know that won't happen.

Oh well, Zé took Mari to Athens at 20 after one good season in the national league...

• I think you guys forgot that Zé ask Sheilla to be back after giving birth and a 3 years break, for him being out for like a decade it's not a criterion. :rolll:

But Jaque probably will never come back to NT, not because of her game, but because of her behavior, she had issues with Zé Roberto this last time when she was called to be libero, plus she is 37 y.o and we need to move on.

But we all know Zé Roberto and how he is attached with the past, so if wasn't this problem I doubt that he woudn't ask her to be back. Especially because with the current shape of Amanda and Drussyla, there are only Gabi, Natália and Garay as experienced players in this position, and this days it's difficult to find players out there that can play like Jaque.

Kinda scary to think that only Natalia & Gabi are left as Brazil’s Big OHs these days. Even in the middles Thaisa is the only one. And Tandar on the Opp. Setters & liberos are not a problem for Brazil coz they have two good players at each positions.

• Kinda scary to think that only Natalia & Gabi are left as Brazil’s Big OHs these days. Even in the middles Thaisa is the only one. And Tandar on the Opp. Setters & liberos are not a problem for Brazil coz they have two good players at each positions.

I disagree. We have several great MBs, but I think they need to play in an international level, going to play abroad would help them. Our biggest issues are OHs and OPPs, but I'm a little less worried now because we are seeing good young OHs playing this year.

• Who else beside Thaisa? Carol is okay-ish. Bia is a no these days. Maybe Mayany. She should go play in Italy or Turkey. Other than that I am not familiar with anyone.

For Opp, we have Lorainne but this season she seems underperforming. There was time where Paula Brogo could be the heir to Tandara, but nope.

Who are these youngsters that have the potential to carry on the legacy?

• In regards to MBs, Mayany, Valquíria, Lorena, Diana and perhaps Julia should all be seeing chances with the NT in the future I assume. And hopefully even more will be popping up in youth squads within the next few years.

• I would take Ana Cristina as the 3rd or 4th OH but we know that won't happen.

Oh well, Zé took Mari to Athens at 20 after one good season in the national league...

Fabiana also was inexperienced at that moment, and made it to the Olympics, and I think that both moments are kinda similar, Brazil was and are right now in transition, so wouldn't be strange have some young players in Tokyo.

• Fabiana also was inexperienced at that moment, and made it to the Olympics, and I think that both moments are kinda similar, Brazil was and are right now in transition, so wouldn't be strange have some young players in Tokyo.

Yes, I had forgotten about that...but Fabiana was always on the bench and she had previously played in the senior NT before Athens. I remember she played in some easy matches during the Grand Prix 2004 and World Cup 2003 but she would never put Valeskinha and Walewska on the bench.

• wow

Yesterday barueri had a great chance to win and get closer to 5 place

But they lose unfourtunately against brasilia

After winning to top teams

• It was a great lesson in humility for them.. I'm happy they've lost... Brasilia are a good team but Barueri though 100% that they could win easily.. they will be better in the future because of that

• :lol:

It seems that Neneca had some type of injury or she was really tired, because she was looking uncomfortable throughout the whole match.. Osasco simply shut Ariane and Brasilia went downhill from that... Easy victory for them

• kt's incredible how sesi can't play a decent game against minas or oraia

They only win from sesc or osasco

And this come from years now