Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• Who's NEC's #10 she looks frightened

Yuka Sawada, Setter. I know =O she has that scared look. I love her. She plays Miyashita level defense

• I think Misaki's balls (how should I phrase this) her sets can be a little too fast that whoever hits it barely gets good speed on the ball whereas Sakae's super safe sets make it a lot easier to hit.

The biggest flaw is still their defense and Ishii is really the only one trying on the back court but she's tired of losing so there's almost no motivation from her

• I think Misaki's balls (how should I phrase this) her sets can be a little too fast that whoever hits it barely gets good speed on the ball whereas Sakae's super safe sets make it a lot easier to hit.

The biggest flaw is still their defense and Ishii is really the only one trying on the back court but she's tired of losing so there's almost no motivation from her

The thing about Misaki is odd. She established herself for me in Saitama with her ability to peg just how their diverse hitters wanted their balls. From Keti to Jaja to fast ones to the left siders. It was crazy good. I am a little disappointed in her connections so far with the SAGA hitters, but still root for her from the bottom of my heart

• Himeji is up 2–1 over Toyota :super:

• The thing about Misaki is odd. She established herself for me in Saitama with her ability to peg just how their diverse hitters wanted their balls. From Keti to Jaja to fast ones to the left siders. It was crazy good. I am a little disappointed in her connections so far with the SAGA hitters, but still root for her from the bottom of my heart

Misaki is def a better setter than Sakae. If you pair a really strong swinger like Nagaoka with Misaki it gets the job done and tbh the only one who flops when hitting her balls is Nomoto. I don't really see the issue with using her, the biggest hole is still their reception. Though I don't mind Sakae either

• It looks like there are more NEC fans than Springs fans which is weird considering this is a homegame. You can't really see them cause the upper deck is dim but they're all up there dominating the crowd

This is part of what bugs me about the "Home" thing that's not happening. That match was in Fukuoka. And they had big Hisamitsu love hanging from the rafters, and that match was a professional broadcast, not a vtv original. It's close to where SAGA's from but it's weird. Money can do things but why would Fukuoka fans care about SAGA any more than NEC?

• Come on Himeji :rose:

• Oh man. Tie Break Himeji / Toyota. I wish I could see it :(

• sitenoise I'm really sleepy now but SAGA is a subsidiary of Pharmaceuticals under their biggest sponsor Salonpas which handles their sports division

https://www.saga-s.co.jp/articles/-/496652

Also I should add that Miyu is their main muse for Springs. There was a photo of her with an old guy before Springs gave their website a makeover now I don't know where to find it.

• Himeji ;(

• sitenoise I'm really sleepy now but SAGA is a subsidiary of Pharmaceuticals under their biggest sponsor Salonpas which handles their sports division

https://www.saga-s.co.jp/articles/-/496652

We'll catch up later. I read that same pr months ago. The Pharm Co set up a shell company to manage the team, which presumably still gets it's operating money from the Pharm Co who gets their name on the jersey and in the rafters --- In Fukuoka! It makes no sense

I'm not sure in that article about Saga Sunrise Arena being built :/ They already play matches there

Call me when they give up their digs in Kobe:call: and the girls start handing out boxes of tissue :). It seems clear to me that nobody wants to do what the V.League laid out. Except Himeji :rose:

• Motoko hates Ishii remember?

it was her brother or relative from that Gakuen Association who doesn't approve of Ishii as the main face for Hinotori not her. Anyway it doesn't matter what happens to Saga's veterans but their newgen's image will suffer

It's probably time they realize that Saga is tanking again this year because Sakai has no coherent direction for the team. He has no idea what to do with who.

• What happened to that girl from Kurobe that went viral? did she retire already?

Ranna Shiraiwa? She plays for V2 Forest Leaves now