Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• ikr. it's my favorite viewing angle. I love seeing the swerve on the serve.

The swerve of the serve :)

Thanks for the share! I just watched JT v Himeji. If anyone wants to know who Saki Tanaka is, watch this. She's #13 lefty OP in pink. She's not NT material but she's doing her job very well, all aspects of Japanese volleyball, which means we aren't concerned with blocking. She's right there with Koga, Kurogo, and Mayu in batting average. Nice aggressive swing.

Himeji's passing in transition is impeccable. Himeji is the future :super:

Seeing Himeji get out on JT 18–10 is fan service

• I'm enjoying these analyst view matches. I wonder why v.League lets this guy post them. He's already got last weekend's SAGA JT match. It's not the DAZN broadcast, but

I love those black SAGA uniforms. Makes them look like pesky insects. They're annoying. They needn't have bothered to print names on them. Can't read it. Totally cool.

• Okayama new 187cm MB :rose::rose::rose:

https://www.vleague.jp/women/player_detail/4168

mind the auto translated text :rolll:

I have her as Xintian Fu. I am a super big fan. She's why I fell in love with Kyoei Gakuen. I would have rooted for them to beat Higashi in the Final if Merisa Valdes' team hadn't knocked them out in the SF.

She's a total goofy fuck . She went off to college, didn't think she was going to go full ball. This is the most exciting news in, like, forever. I don't know if she'll be any good with the big pants on but, and she's gonna have to work really hard on not-smiling because, as stated, she's a total goofy fuck.

• Check the pants

• I have her as Xintian Fu. I am a super big fan. She's why I fell in love with Kyoei Gakuen. I would have rooted for them to be Higashi in the Final if Merisa Valdes' team hadn't knocked them out in the SF.

She's a total goofy fuck . She went off to college, didn't think she was going to go full ball. This is the most exciting news in, like, forever. I don't know if she'll be any good with the big pants on but, and she's gonna have to work really hard on not-smiling because, as stated, she's a total goofy fuck.

you sound super excited sksksks :rolll:

I smell Kawashima's retirement lol

• you sound super excited sksksks :rolll:

I smell Kawashima's retirement lol

Yes :!: This is unusual as far as I know. Drafting a player in their first year of college. I think Okayama is the only team who does it. It might mean that she just trains with them and she continues her studies and plays for her Uni Team. It saddened me that she went to a non-volleyball University. She's a Chinese exchange student and I figured studies were more important to her than volleyball.

I found my original love post to her from last year:

If you like Japanese volleyball, watch the first few points of this semifinal match between KYOEI & Furukawa. My new hero, Fu Xintian, scores 3 of KYOEI's first 4 points and she is in rare form: joyful, frankenstien-y, adorable, killer-y. Her performance in this tournament was a highlight of the year in volleyball for me.

It's too bad Furukawa beat them in the tie-break with boring hero ball, because a Higashi v KYOEI Final would have been like Okayama v Hitachi. Could go either way, but 5 sets for sure. Higashi crushed Furukawa 75–53 in the Final.

The link to the match is dead. I must find it!

• Here it is, queued up

[Edit] This is the match where the Furukawa coach pushes one of the players after she serves an error @ 5–2. I hated that team. Kyoei was so cool. They were led by a couple champion beach players at setter and OP

• The V.League page on Xintian Fu doesn't list her University, just her HS. That might be mean she dropped out, or ended up never going, and decided to play ball instead of study. I'll never get to the bottom of this. I never get to the bottom of these things :rolll:

• I'm dying here. haru_12 just hipped me to some early tweetbag scoop on more school kids coming up. I had messaged my favorite OH from Tsukuba and got linked back to this twitbreather who says she's going to join NEC

OMFG

Being in this trial separation from NEC because they broke my heart makes this news complex

• It's official Hina Kawakami 'informal' player for NEC .

wow

• What's an informal player? 内定選手 They've been made an offer but no contract yet?

• I can't tell if this site is going to broadcast live streams we can see https://volleyball-tk2020.nttsportict.co.jp/

[Edit] They are

• Empress Cup Round 1 Results

Tsukuba3 : 0
    Club Ehime
    Ligare Sendai
    3 : 2
    Fukuoka

Arisa Sato :super: wins in 5 and plays the NoSmilers in 2 hours :)

• Fuyumi is back (as Uesaka sub) for Hitachi, but they are still going with Nonaka over Kubota. This is a big money tournament so Nonaka has either won that spot or Miyu is not 100%. SAGA is killing them killed them in set 1 but set 2 is going the other way

SAGA = Yuki, Inoue, Nomoto. Where's the future of SAGA?

• I'm enjoying these analyst view matches. I wonder why v.League lets this guy post them. He's already got last weekend's SAGA JT match. It's not the DAZN broadcast, but

I love those black SAGA uniforms. Makes them look like pesky insects. They're annoying. They needn't have bothered to print names on them. Can't read it. Totally cool.

im going to guess either they dont know or they know they dont have the rights to take it down. He's getting them from presumably the VolleyMetrics site (a website for teams and coaches) so the VLeague may not be able to do anything. (But its probably they just dont know hes posting them)