Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• League is playing on the 16th. Denso did have a second player test positive on the 9th.

So who knows if they will play matches.

There is a statement on vbm that says Denso will not play through the 24th but I don't find any other confirmation of that.

Also five people associated with V2 Gunma Bank have tested positive and they are halting activities

• There is a statement on vbm that says Denso will not play through the 24th but I don't find any other confirmation of that.

Also five people associated with V2 Gunma Bank have tested positive and they are halting activities

matches in Kariya this weekend are going remote.

If it is from VBM, it is true.

So Denso will be 3-4 matches behind everyone else. However a 2 win advantage already over Okayama with 9 to play in run to the final 4.

• matches in Kariya this weekend are going remote.

If it is from VBM, it is true.

So Denso will be 3-4 matches behind everyone else. However a 2 win advantage already over Okayama with 9 to play in run to the final 4.

I think the JVA may have jumped the gun cancelling all matches, but now with these Denso/Gunma issues they may have been prescient. Okayama is a tricky place, probably best they canceled those but a few of the canceled V2 matches were already scheduled to be remote.

I dunno. Such troubled times. Better to be safe than sorry.

• So ... these Denso matches that are canceled are not likely to be re-scheduled? But the ones due to the state of emergency are likely to be rescheduled?

I can kind of see the reasoning there, if it's true. Big question: If that's the case and it goes on the books as a Denso 0–25, 0–25, 0–25 loss, does that mean Toyota, Hitachi, and Toray get a W for the match?

• league will reschedule. They might have to play in the middle of the week. Finals and playoffs can be moved and the women are supposed to finish by the end of February. Plenty of time before VNL for training camp.

• the girl’s high school from Fukushima who played in the high school championship just announced that our of their 32 person (why they sent everyone to Tokyo when the should have stopped at like 16) group, 14 tested positive for Covid. Played on the 6th, 2 days later one player had a headache, the next day someone had a fever. By the 13th, 14 positives.

• Can't they just make all matches remote and available via livestream? Why does V.League insist on having an audience watch the matches live. It's still a huge risk regardless of how "limited" the crowd is and these hardcore fans will wait for the players after the match just to interact with them even though it's clearly not allowed.

• the girl’s high school from Fukushima who played in the high school championship just announced that our of their 32 person (why they sent everyone to Tokyo when the should have stopped at like 16) group, 14 tested positive for Covid. Played on the 6th, 2 days later one player had a headache, the next day someone had a fever. By the 13th, 14 positives.

Fukushima? What school is that?

[Edit} ah ... Koriyama Kaisei High School

• Can't they just make all matches remote and available via livestream? Why does V.League insist on having an audience watch the matches live. It's still a huge risk regardless of how "limited" the crowd is and these hardcore fans will wait for the players after the match just to interact with them even though it's clearly not allowed.

Not that I'm against V.League mandating all matches to be remote, but V.League hasn't played a match in over a month. The Empress cup was non-spectator. The HS Championship was completely non-spectator. (see this sad post) Seems like having matches with spectators hasn't been the problem. It's during the time-off that these teams (Denso and Gunma) have developed problems.

• right now I have feeling that the final rounds will have to be pushed back. Denso is going to be 3 games behind (not even including the Jan. 9-10 postponement matches of others) when they come back to play. As of now there is no break before finals and forcing 3 matches in the no break week before the finals is just too much. It might kill Denso winning the league.

May have to move them a team’s arena instead of “neutral” site as the arena May not need to be rearranged.

• JT, NEC, Saga and Okayama will have spectators. Ironic considering Okayama has the highest rate of infections but OK

It's Okayama and Himeji, then Kurobe and NEC that have home games coming up. The rest are fake.

• That's for the 30th weekend.

Nothing has really changed about who's having spectators and who's not since the beginning. Saitama, Toyota, PFU have always said no. The Kariya matches this weekend being an exception.

• Hey! So there's this google-translated bit on the V.League web site , when discussing this weekend's games:

In Himeji, rookie Moeri Hanai is the with a serve receive success rate of 62.9 top in the team %. He is also demonstrating his honed weapons in the league while experiencing the Universiade Women's Japan National Team

Did they let something slip about the 2021 Universiade squad that we aren't supposed to know yet?

• A little trickle down inconvenience: They've canceled the "Live Score" for the four matches at Himeji's Wink Gymnasium this weekend due to the sate of emergency making it "difficult for data entry staff to operate at the venue".

Stay safe