Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Li is almost outshining Zhu:obey: Very spectacular moves

• Yao not taking any risks tonite ...setting mostly to Zhu & Li.

It is working so far

• Is it possible to have Gong as the setter and the pins are ZT, LYY, and ZCN?

as teammates in the NT ? Not likely...the NT has Ding Xia, arguably the world’s top setter and a few other very capable back ups...such as Mei (Shandong) and young Sun Yan (Guangdong) and of course Yao and Diao if both can overcome temporary setbacks.

Then there is the matter of a replacement for Gong as opposite, which I can’t think of anyone as suitable as her, at the moment 😐

• Ding Xia just wrote on her weibo: OMG, after today, I have a new buddy in the setter position @Gong Xiangyu :lol::lol:

Gong's reply: You want a high or low ball? Fast or slow ball?

For context: Ding Xia is a setter with spiking highlights on Youtube.

Ding Xia's reply: I can spike any ball. You forgot that time when you set Yuan (Xinyue) a fast ball?

• Is it possible to have Gong as the setter and the pins are ZT, LYY, and ZCN?

but why?

• Ding Xia just wrote on her weibo: OMG, after today, I have a new buddy in the setter position @Gong Xiangyu :lol::lol:

Gong's reply: You want a high or low ball? Fast or slow ball?

For context: Ding Xia is a setter with spiking highlights on Youtube.

Ding, a left handed attacking setter is always dangerous. I am hoping Sun Yan who is 188cm and also a lefty can follow in her footsteps.

• The last match of this year’s CVL was an anti-climax, I feel. The final was decided yesterday when setter Diao injured herself. I am surprised that a top team like Jiangsu doesn’t have another reliable replacement setter, having loaned Sun Yan to Guangdong this season.

Tonite, both teams didn’t play well. Receiving was erratic and there were too many serving errors. Even more worrying, Zhu seems to have lost the ‘killer’s touch’ even when the blocking from both sides left much to be desired. The only bright spots were the outstanding performances of Li YY and Zhang CN. Xu RY seems to have improved, being able to find angles when spiking. Another surprise was young Chen BY of Tianjin, and Libero, Nee Feifan, with her stellar performance, could be selected by the NT coaches.

• The last match of this year’s CVL was an anti-climax, I feel. The final was decided yesterday when setter Diao injured herself. I am surprised that a top team like Jiangsu doesn’t have another reliable replacement setter, having loaned Sun Yan to Guangdong this season.

Tonite, both teams didn’t play well. Receiving was erratic and there were too many serving errors. Even more worrying, Zhu seems to have lost the ‘killer’s touch’ even when the blocking from both sides left much to be desired. The only bright spots were the outstanding performances of Li YY and Zhang CN. Xu RY seems to have improved, being able to find angles when spiking. Another surprise was young Chen BY of Tianjin, and Libero, Nee Feifan, with her stellar performance, could be selected by the NT coaches.

Apparently Zhu had wrist surgery. If the same thing happens in the group stage matches vs. Argentina and Turkey, then I'd be concerned

• Pretty sure Jiangsu will win, they don't need Diao for the qualifiers in January, and the real tournament is right after the olympics in mid-late September 2021. And yes, for some reason, it's a big deal in China (mostly with regards to job placements for players after retirement).

When do you think the NT is going to begin training?

I wonder if Rong Wanqianbai had stayed if Jiangsu woud've had a better chance. Yong Le is too inexperienced.

Xu hits some pretty sharp angles. She would be someone to try out during VNL if Liu Xiaotong doesn't come in form. Chen Boya has potential and doesn't seem as stiff as Wang Yizhu, she just needs more playing time. I was surprised the coach went with her instead of Yu Junwei or Yang Yi.

• When do you think the NT is going to begin training?

https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-iiznctke6994488.shtml

Forgot they are starting in mid January this year. Well if Diao is healthy she'd be going to NT training, won't affect Jiangsu either way for National Games.

Or they might play the qualifiers in early January and go to NT training immediately after. The qualifiers are an important event and almost no player can avoid it, even Zhu Ting almost missed the CWC in 2017 because of it. I guess we'll have to see how they handle the schedule conflict.

• The last match of this year’s CVL was an anti-climax

The final match happened in the middle of the night for me. I was expecting to get up this morning and read through some illuminating play by play commentary followed by a congrats to the winner. I'm not even sure who won at this point

• The final match happened in the middle of the night for me. I was expecting to get up this morning and read through some illuminating play by play commentary followed by a congrats to the winner. I'm not even sure who won at this point

Tianjin won 3-1 with Gong Xiangyu the opposite from jiangsu playing as setter.

• Tianjin won 3-1 with Gong Xiangyu the opposite from jiangsu playing as setter.

I just looked this up. That's 13 times Champion this century.