Brazil - Superliga 2020/2021

• Taubaté is through. So it's Minas-Itapetininga and Taubaté-Campinas in the SFs. We're gonna have a new matchup in the finals at least!

• I was rooting for Itape after what they did against Cruzeiro, but that pause after quarterfinals killed their momentum + Minas prepared really well to play against them... Also it helped that Carisio was really bad today... But, it was fun to see couple of game and not rooting or hating the teams like I used to with Women's VB .. Just watching the game.. I'm not a fan of Men's VB just yet, but it was a nice experience

• I really wanted to see Minas winning the finals this year because there’s no way I’ll be cheering for them next year with William and Mauricio Souza in the roster :gone:

hard same. I've been rooting for Minas for like almost 10 years now, but that ain't gonna continue with Mauricio in the roster. Honorato and Maique aren't enough reason for me lol

also it'd be cool if they won this year indeed, but I feel like that's very unlikely. Reaching the finals for the first time in 12 years (thanks to Itapetininga lol) is already enough of an achievement for them I guess.

• also just for completion sake, Taubaté has also grabbed a spot in the finals after 3-1 and 3-0 wins against Campinas. Douglas was the best player in both matches.

• This one is hard to choose. I don't know who I dislike more, William or Mauricio Souza, two pieces of ****.

OTOH, I want Douglas to succeed, he deserve to be named MVP of this year, the guy always seems needing to affirme he is a good player, and I wanna shut down the haters. But there is Maique, I'm really rooting for him to be the starting líbero for Brazil. I just can't stand for Thales, he is bad, really bad.

• This one is hard to choose. I don't know who I dislike more, William or Mauricio Souza, two pieces of ****.

Mauricio is the worst without a doubt. You don't see William going on social media saying the number of deaths due to COVID is a lie.

• Mauricio is the worst without a doubt. You don't see William going on social media saying the number of deaths due to COVID is a lie.

Exactly. And because of things like this I will never celebrate the presence of a person like Mauricio in my team. William is bolsominion but at least he doesn't use his influence to share fake news like Mauricio does.

• I don't dislike William that much but I understand the hate towards him. However, I think he goes into the category of "dumb" instead of the "bad person" category in which Wallace and Maurício are. I will never defend someone who voted in the Novo party with the possibility of having voted in Bolsonaro, but I get much better vibes from William in comparison to the other ones (Lipe, Mauricio, Wallace, Gustavão, etc).

I will keep cheering for Minas because if I would stop cheering for them because of some of their players, I would have stopped watching volleyball years ago, including the female league. There are several Bolsonaro supporters among the girls and people just want to ignore that.

• I will keep cheering for Minas because if I would stop cheering for them because of some of their players, I would have stopped watching volleyball years ago, including the female league. There are several Bolsonaro supporters among the girls and people just want to ignore that.

The hard part for me is to cheer for bad people. The dumb ones I can accept.

About female players... That's true, but at the same time their engagement with politics in social media is really low. And although I judge, for obvious reasons, people who voted for Bolsonaro, there's a huge difference between voting and spreading fake news to support your candidate and his (lack of) policies like Maurício often does with things related to COVID.

• I don't dislike William that much but I understand the hate towards him. However, I think he goes into the category of "dumb" instead of the "bad person" category in which Wallace and Maurício are. I will never defend someone who voted in the Novo party with the possibility of having voted in Bolsonaro, but I get much better vibes from William in comparison to the other ones (Lipe, Mauricio, Wallace, Gustavão, etc).

I will keep cheering for Minas because if I would stop cheering for them because of some of their players, I would have stopped watching volleyball years ago, including the female league. There are several Bolsonaro supporters among the girls and people just want to ignore that.

At this point in the pandemic it's not unreasonable to differentiate between "they're a bolsonaro supporter" and "they're a bolsonaro supporter and a COVID/vaccine denier", the latter which Mauricio certainly is and worse, promotes. It's uncomfortable to close one eye to the fact that the sport I like and follow is full of potential fascists, but I have to draw the line somewhere -- and right now, that line is someone who's so rotted they don't care about the fact that a pandemic is ruining the country and that the president they support is doing the most to actually worsen the situation.

• At this point in the pandemic it's not unreasonable to differentiate between "they're a bolsonaro supporter" and "they're a bolsonaro supporter and a COVID/vaccine denier", the latter which Mauricio certainly is and worse, promotes. It's uncomfortable to close one eye to the fact that the sport I like and follow is full of potential fascists, but I have to draw the line somewhere -- and right now, that line is someone who's so rotted they don't care about the fact that a pandemic is ruining the country and that the president they support is doing the most to actually worsen the situation.

Well, volleyball is not an individual sport. There are surely at least one rotted player in every single team and every single NT in the world right now based on your definition, that's why I think we should just stop cheering for any team if we're gonna draw this line. But again, it's an individual choice to cheer or not based on our own beliefs.

I could draw some lines related to racism and transphobia, which are cases for Tandara, Rosamaria and many other players of the Brazilian NT.

• I love Douglas so much

Him screaming at William's face was a pleasure to watch tonight. I really like this bitch.

I'm worried about Bruno, I've never seen him play so badly, he trying to set for position 4 it's painful to watch, and I'm worried mainly because this rumor about Rapha going to the Olympics scares me a lot. I hope it's just Voloch's opinion and random wish.