Japan Women's NT 2021

• I just can't

The only flavor in this dish is Hayashi / Momii. I thought with Coach Lovebunny onboard they would've tilted younger.

Scaredy-cats

• How did Ishikawa make it into the third row?

• I hope Momii dislodges Miyashita

When was Miyashita lodged?

• Why is Nana booted ;(

They had to trim a little SAGA fat to make room for Arisa Inoue.

• I think Iwasaka already knew she wasn't gonna make NT for Tokyo Olympics because Nakada already left her out last year but she couldn't retire alongside Shinnabe. So I guess she's just gonna have to retire with Nomoto, Sakae and Kojima and maybe granny Zayasu while they all wait for Ishii and Nagaoka. Imagine that a mass retirement over at Hisamitsu Springs.

• I thought Watanabe would be cut, but she's been drilling it with Toyota

• I think Iwasaka already knew she wasn't gonna make NT for Tokyo Olympics because Nakada already left her out last year but she couldn't retire alongside Shinnabe. So I guess she's just gonna have to retire with Nomoto, Sakae and Kojima and maybe granny Zayasu while they all wait for Ishii and Nagaoka. Imagine that a mass retirement over at Hisamitsu Springs.

Both Inoue and Imamura are in their late twenties and I don't see Imamura lasting long as a player

Zayasu is probably gonna be like Horikawa

• If I were Nakada I wouldn't swap out Soga for Arisa Inoue. Soga is fast but tiny so I'm assuming that goes against her.

Do we already know the girls numbers? I hope Kurogo isn't going to take 1 from Nagaoka who is literally The One which she had the right to even in Imoco.

• I honestly do not understand why Nagaoka is on this list. If she is not completely healthy or ready to play a full match, she should not be on this roster. She played 27 sets in 18 matches in the regular season. I know she has worked her hardest to get back on the court, but I am just past her being on the national team.

I have never understood the way the individual pictures have be put together by the JVA. It is not by position or even Japanese alphabet order.

Shimamura played well this year and should have been the squad.

My expectations for the 12 Olympians, if we get there.

Outside/opposites: Kurogo, Koga, Ishii, Ishikawa, Nabeya/Hayashi

Middles: Araki, Shimamura, Okumura

Setters: Seki, Tashiro

Libero: Kobata, Inoue

In my mind Hayashi had a much better season than Nabeya. Minion is a bench spark plug over the years.

If going with one libero Kobata, and they would add a middle, I would go with Nichika Yamada.
    my choice of Seki is mainly due to the Toray connection with Kurogo and Ishikawa.