Japan Women's NT 2021

• Why is she getting the supporting role and not fighting alongside koga if koga is now the ace? Look at how they did it with the men's team they're putting Shimizu and Takahashi together with Ishikawa they're not waiting around for things to go bad

Ran Takahashi is 26 years old? he's older than Koga and Yuki Ishikawa and he's just now being called a rising star it's not the same for the women's team. Also the whole point of VNL is to be able to lead the new gen.

I think the men's libero is new idk but it's the first time he's getting featured for bumping the ball with his head

• Ran Takahashi is 26 years old? he's older than Koga and Yuki Ishikawa and he's just now being called a rising star it's not the same for the women's team. Also the whole point of VNL is to be able to lead the new gen.

I think the men's libero is new idk but it's the first time he's getting featured for bumping the ball with his head

No he's not if you just googled him the thing that pops up is wrong because there's also an actor called Ran Takahashi. Ran was born in 2001 he's younger than Mayu.

• No he's not if you just googled him the thing that pops up is wrong because there's also an actor called Ran Takahashi. Ran was born in 2001 he's younger than Mayu.

Oh ok... that makes sense he looks tweeny

Ishii could be a starter by the time the Olympics happen. There are a lot of key players missing from other teams. There's really no need to rush the development that's happening

• I wanna see Momii actually swing at one of those

• Yuki :super:

• I feel almost too queasy to watch the decider :(

• Finally, Aki :rose:

• OMG - That was a good and fun match but it wasn't supposed to be

• A little bit worried because that was not even Egonu yet. 🤣

I envy you if you're only "a little bit worried" :)

The schedule gave us a week of hope.

I think Japan is playing fine except for a lack of scrappy floor defense. That's just not going to be there without Yuki and Risa. Reception is fine. I don't understand the default knee-jerk comments about Japan's reception being off. They must come from folks who aren't watching the matches. There are a few more "errors" than we'd like, but then the rest of it is pretty gosh darn excellent.

The service errors are a problem, too, in and of themselves, but they've also made them back off a bit so they aren't serving at the level they are capable of.

Japan can't "outscore" anyone, but if they score enough to stay in the game they can win by preventing other teams from scoring more. I don't even know what that means but I'm pretty sure it's correct :rolll: Defense, baby!

• What about Shinnabe junior? is her floor defense weak?

• What about Shinnabe junior? is her floor defense weak?

LOL

I think Hayashinabe is a better floor defender than Ai or Mayu. But I'll give Mayu a few props for some good plays. Like every other aspect of the game Mayu is improving it :rose:I won't be surprised if, at some point, she improves her height. I feel that level of dedication vibes from her

• sitenoise

I saw that but can't make any sense of it. Does it contradict something I bellowed?

The stats for this tournament are all over my head. It's frustrating :mad:

• I can't see shit on my phone lol. Who's the top scorer?

I think

Sarina / 23

Mayu / 20

Araki / 16

Kurogo / 14