2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• According to BO Sport, Leon will play in Zenit St. Petersburg next season.

Zenit was so tired of playing the bridesmaid this season, they want to finally be the bride next time 🤣

• Léon, Kliuka, Poletaev, arguably the most formidable attacking triangle in the world? Add Yakovlev in the center plus Grebennikov and you have a super team that can manage to win anything :white::white::white:

• If I have to guess, that's probably a fake news, there were rumors earlier that Zenit is interested in Leon, but it's May, it's not a moment you make transfers like that, it's really hard to imagine that Sirci put all effort to get Grbic from Zaksa, and he accepted an offer probably due to Leon in a squad, but then it turned out his best player with valid contract goes away. :D

• If I have to guess, that's probably a fake news, there were rumors earlier that Zenit is interested in Leon, but it's May, it's not a moment you make transfers like that, it's really hard to imagine that Sirci put all effort to get Grbic from Zaksa, and he accepted an offer probably due to Leon in a squad, but then it turned out his best player with valid contract goes away. :D

Except BO Sport is not some random news site, all their articles and sources are LEGIT. For what it's worth, it says 'close to signing Léon' so nothing is offiicial yet.

• Would it be that Leon’s dispute with Travica has led to his possible departure from Perugia?

Leon few weeks ago in an interview said that he's open to stay in Perugia after 2022, when his contract expires, and in the same interview he addressed his disputes with Travica by saying that this type of stuff happens throughout a season. Furthermore, there are strong rumors that Travica will leave Perugia and Sbertoli will replace him, according to Pasini, this is very probable scenario.

So naah.

• In that same article, it mentions Zenit is willing to buy-out Leon's remaining 1-year contract with Perugia which is very plausible as they have previously done so with Kliuka and Poletaev's contracts with Fakel and Kuzbass respectively.

Arguably, Zenit may not only be the richest club in Russia but the rest of Europe.. I say Léon's transfer is currentlt under negotiation and far from being fake news :wavy:

• Polish source says that Leon refused Zenit's offer and will stay in Perugia, so did say Gino Sirci as well.

https://sport.tvp.pl/53621497/…dzie-z-sir-safety-perugii

It says "apparently".

To be honest, I don't think he is gonna work in this team. I just imagine how good could be the reception with Kliuka and Leon:gone:. I think Zenit SP should go after another player who is better at receiving like Juantorena, Mauricio Borges, or even Leal.

BTW, according to BO Sport, Zenit SP's budget is near to $13.3 million :white:

• Sada Cruzeiro has officially announced Lucas Loh (OH). Their squad seems to be complete too -- same as last season, but with Wallace instead of Alan and Loh instead of Conte.

• Like I expected, this Russian article is indeed a fake news, the story is both denied by president of Perugia and agent of Leon.

https://sport.se.pl/siatkowka/…ra-aa-2m9Y-oUAt-BUCw.html

Let's see and wait. After what happens with Vargas being Serbian and Stysiak staying in Scandicci, I don't trust so much in what the players or agents say...

As to this article, it says that Leon could receive $2M :white:. Besides, it's true that some agents spread fake rumors in order to increase the salary of their players.

BTW, I was reading some Russian forums and 90% don't want this transfer. Indeed, they don't like Zenit SP at all (for the reasons the article mentioned) :lol:

• As to this article, it says that Leon could receive $2M :white: .

If you're referring to the article that I posted, it says that there were rumors in a past that Zenit might have offered him a contract on a level of 2 millions of euro to Leon, but this Russian article suggested that Leon would earn ~1 million of euro next year, and that's pretty similar contract to his current contract in Perugia. I don't think this rumor about 2 millions is correct, because let's be honest, no male volleyball player would refuse this amount of money, it's like a half or majority of a budget of pretty good teams, lol.

For those having problems with translating this article, Andrzej Grzyb, agent of Leon said that these rumors from Russian journal are a ''nonsense'', and although Zenit was interested on April in Leon, it was waaaay to late to start a conversation, because Leon could have used an option in his contract to terminate it and change a club before January, so right now there's no topic of Leon's departure from Perugia.

• BTW, I was reading some Russian forums and 90% don't want this transfer. Indeed, they don't like Zenit SP at all (for the reasons the article mentioned) :lol:

I'm reading the comments on BO Sport too, and it is a goldmine! Russian fans seems so opinionated and can be brutal sometimes They all share the hate for Traitor-vuo and Zenit SpB :lol:

• Korean League draft results:
    KAL Jumbos - Lincoln Williams

Woori - Alex Ferreira
    KB Stars - Noumory Keita
    Blue Fangs - Kyle Russell

Skywalkers - Bożidar Vucicević
    Kepco - Bardia Saadat
    OK Financial - Leonardo Leyva Martinez