2021/2022 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• I mean, Trentino already went through a rough couple of years a while ago -- I think 2014/2015? The season they had Suxho as setter and got eliminated in the quarterfinals. It might just be a bump in the road for them, I wouldn't get too worried. Hopefully they can at least keep Giannelli; with Kaziyski and Kamil, they're still gonna be competitive to some extent.

• That's all true but top russian clubs pay top dollar on an individual player because of the limited foreigner allocations.

Nimir is probably the best opposite in the world right now. He really should do what the agent of Bednorz did and just sign a massive contract while his value is still beyond the stratosphere.

I know russian clubs have already sign some opposites but zenit st. petersburg is still looking for a way for Leon even when they have Camejo. If they can't get him, there's still Nimir. They need an ace getter and that's him. I know Poletaev at his best is great but they need more consistency on the opposite side (and less-injury proned.)

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yup, let's calm down, besides Russia - Perugia, Modena, Civitanova have the highest budgets in whole Europe, bigger than budgets in Poland and Turkey. Perugia pays 900,000 euro to Leon, Modena was able to outbid Civitanova and sign Leal for (allegedly) astronomical fee, Civitanova has probably the best team in Europe on paper, and even Piacenza was able to pay 500,000 euro to Grozer and Russell last year, and it doesn't sound like their budget will decrease in 2021 with buyout of Lagumdzija, Brizard from Russia or Rossard as a revelation of a league hired, with Russell kept in a roster. I have no idea what Nimir will do, but it looks like there's no space for Nimir in top Russian clubs, where Poletaev, Luburic, Sokolov and Mikhaylov (and allegedly Alan Souza) will play in clubs that participate in European cups next year. If Nimir goes to Modena, he'll get every penny he deserves. Asia? He refuses an offer to play there last year

In general, I'm quite suprised that Italian clubs are doing so well on a trade market despite COVID-related problems, there are potential problems of Casalmaggiore, Bergamo, Verona or Ravenna, and we see that Trentino won't maintain its squad, but in general the top teams on paper in both leagues are at least as competitive as they were this year, or even more. If Trentino really collapses as a top team, it looks like its top players will play in other Italian clubs, and Modena takes its place next year. In place of Italian fans, I'd be rather happy about this situation (Italian league still being probably the best).

Budget of Italian teams may fluctuate from season to season a lot though, but they don't have a support of state-owned enterprises like clubs in Russia or (partially) in Poland. And that's a case with Trentino, it seems.

I am very calm. :lol:

I think most of what you wrote is well known, but it doesn't explain why Trentino is losing the core of the team. They will have a season like Modena in 2020-21, probably: top players gone, saving money for the next season.

As I said, Superlega is doing a great work. I'm not surprised top clubs can afford top players and give them tons of money. It is something amazing considering the italian economy is a mess.

On the long run, I see russian Supeliga doing better. Just take a look at what they are building in Yaroslavl, when their local club is in second division: https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/news/264367

The president of Callipo has been struggling for decades to have a new hall or at least help to build it and nothing happened. And his club is the only one playing constantly in the elite (national top division) from the region.

• I heard some new Anderson go to Perugia ?

• I heard some new Anderson go to Perugia ?

I find this update link accurate. whenever i want confirmation about rumors, i check this link

Superlega 2021/22 – Volley Mercato | Volleyball.it

• Will SP still insist on buying Leon from Perugia?

If this deal is done, it's the biggest transfer in market.