2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

• Macau team had sweet experience to play that competitive scores, I really did not expect the team to achieve such good result. Even with Zhu Ting on the sideline, the Henan team was still a big team for Macau. Too bad, no replay around. Cool photo session with the Big Sister 😍

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• There are really only two: Yan Ni and Yuan Xinyue. And after Tokyo, there will only be Yuan Xinyue (who is only slightly older than this new crop of young MBs -- remember she played the semifinals against Italy in 2014 and scored 11/17 with 5 blocks).

These new MBs need to stop thinking they're young with lots of time and step up.

I was stepping a little further back in my mind, thinking like "who's the next Xu Yunli". And I have a very soft spot in my heart for Yang Junjing. So more like the shadows of 2:00pm than High Noon.

I always conflate how good I think someone is with how much I fear them as opponents. Yang, Wang, even Hu, even even Zheng (even even even Gao Yi, come on, give it to me, I like her) have their moments but none of them scare me yet.

• Too bad, no replay around

I'm not interested in this tournament any more I spent a week of my life preparing for that match and it was ripped from my flesh. I protest

• There are really only two: Yan Ni and Yuan Xinyue. And after Tokyo, there will only be Yuan Xinyue (who is only slightly older than this new crop of young MBs -- remember she played the semifinals against Italy in 2014 and scored 11/17 with 5 blocks).

These new MBs need to stop thinking they're young with lots of time and step up.

Yan Ni got those strong arms to block, but she's also smart when it comes to reading the opponents something these youngsters need to learn and soon. Yuan does have block good as well, but Yan Ni's is better.

Yan Ni though low key for the most part, she showed some attitude that one time she blocked Baladin and looked at her across the net. lol I loved it!

• Yan Ni got those strong arms to block, but she's also smart when it comes to reading the opponents something these youngsters need to learn and soon. Yuan does have block good as well, but Yan Ni's is better.

Yan Ni though low key for the most part, she showed some attitude that one time she blocked Baladin and looked at her across the net. lol I loved it!

I know it's maybe superficial, but when the camera zooms in on the MB through the net , when she has her arms in the air, barking orders out of the side of her mouth, waiting for a team mate to serve ... the four shadows I'm talking about all look like they own the team. I'm not getting that vibe from the youngin's yet.

• I do believe china still has a lot of young potential mbs. i hope Lang Ping could help this young gen before retiring, and btw Yuan is a freaking different breed

She is! She's really tall, but fluid in her movement which you don't see often and has a lot of energy.

Which new middles do you think should be called for training?

I think Xue Yizhi has the athleticism that's worth investing in. Unlike Yuan, Zhang Yu (Beijing) and Zhang Qian (Shandong) though tall, they fit the awkward and a bit uncoordinated category which may have problems on the international level. Guangdong's new middle from Bayi, Zhang Shiqi is huge! The height difference is still noticeable when she stands next to Chen Peiyan who is 193cm. But she seems uncoordinated and clumsy as well.

• She is! She's really tall, but fluid in her movement which you don't see often and has a lot of energy.

I think Xue Yizhi has the athleticism that's worth investing in. Unlike Yuan, Zhang Yu (Beijing) and Zhang Qian (Shandong) though tall, they fit the awkward and a bit uncoordinated category which may have problems on the international level. Guangdong's new middle from Bayi, Zhang Shiqi is huge! The height difference is still noticeable when she stands next to Chen Peiyan who is 193cm. But she seems uncoordinated and clumsy as well.

Xue Yizhi is from NCAA. Either USC or UCLA, one of the UC's.

I can see the style of European/American middles in her (strong attacks, but mostly only from position 3).

Heard she can play non-receiving opposite as well.

• LIVE NOW -- JIANGSU VS MACAO

First time to watch the Macao team live in this event :dance6:

And for me, the very first time to watch this team play live.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• She is! She's really tall, but fluid in her movement which you don't see often and has a lot of energy.

I really like Xue, I think she's more athletic than most Chinese MBs, too bad she didn't get a call. Most Chinese MBs are just tall, they can barely jump, and that really bothers me. That's why I don't really like Yang Hanyu and Wang Yuanyuan, weak af.:gone:

• knock, knock...where is sitenoise ? God answered his prayers and he is not around :mad:

sitenoise

none of my arsenal of download tools can grab that:( I'll watch what I can before falling asleep. It's after 1:00, I'm up at 6:00. I hope it will still be there tomorrow. thank you!

• The Macau team was playing as if they had no middle blocking functions (corrected, no blocking functions), mainly relying on their floor defensive plays... the Jiangsu team had the almost full "air superiority" in this battle... pump pump pump :P still the lesser team were having fun and played vigorously, managed to hit 14 pts in the 3rd set, better than the combo of the 1st+2nd sets. Jiangsu team rested its two pillars, Zhang Changning & Gong Xiangyu, no main setter Diao Linyu either... I guess they might have played with the bench squad, saw Wu Han on court.... via the remote view of the fixed camera :D

After the match, the Macau team approached the other side of court to request taking team picture along with the Jiangsu team, which was taken, incl. the coaching team of both. So nice  :drink:  :) <3

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Of the 12 players I added to volleybox, #12 Chao Ka Man was the only one I couldn't find a wallpaper picture for. Now she has this:

Their expressions say it all....

The big one is thinking: “ Ho Hum, I have to do this all the time, Why me? Why me?

The little one is thinking: “ I’m truly blessed to be given this opportunity, I think I’m the chosen one. I shall cherish this moment forever. Thank you “

❤️ Zhu Ting, she’s made so many people so happy.

• San Francisco ? Lolsss

yes.

boy this Macau match is a little lopsided :rolll: I can tell who is who from my studying, but it's a bummer I can't really see them

I love this <3

• Macau doesn't even know how to rotate players on and off the court :rose:They scored 11 points total for the first two sets, but everyone of them was spectacular ... in its own way.

I have to own this