2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

• FUJIAN vs SICHUAN

20210419 第十四届全运会女排成年组9—12名决赛 福建 vs 四川

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Z54y1b7ig

Five-set match, both teams had match point opportunities... at the end the Sichuan team had the better day, won 20-18. Miao Yiwen contributed one of the last two points, she is the main OH of Sichuan team (#12). Must be quite bitter day for Zheng Yixin (#3), the captain of the Fujian team -- I think this result is an upset.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: addition ().

• Five-set match, both teams had match point opportunities... at the end the Sichuan team had the better day, won 20-18. Miao Yiwen contributed one of the last two points, she is the main OH of Sichuan team (#12). Must be quite bitter day for Zheng Yixin (#3), the captain of the Fujian team -- I think this result is an upset.

There's only so much Zheng Yixin and Lin Li can do for Fujian without any help. They need more support, but good thing their youth OH Zhuang Yushan is showing potential. Hopefully she can join the adult team soon.

• Yunnan and Hebei teams will fight to avoid the lowest... :D

The lovely Zhou Miao 周淼 (born in 1996, OH, 180cm, shirt #1), the injury-ridden captain of Hebei team, will lead the team to stay away from the bottom. She just posted a romantic picture of her and her boyfriend recently :love:

Nonetheless I still wish the southern team, the land of beautiful clouds, the most ethnically diversified province, Yunnan, to be the better team ^^

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• There's only so much Zheng Yixin and Lin Li can do for Fujian without any help. They need more support, but good thing their youth OH Zhuang Yushan is showing potential. Hopefully she can join the adult team soon.

Youngsters Zhuang Yushan and Wu Mengjie of Jiangsu showed promise during a youth championships around two years ago. I thought they were good enough to join their respective senior teams then. Wonder what happened to them ?

• Zhou Miao is really good looking and she looks so happy with her bf :)

The Chinese league has some fantastic players who also look fabulous. Imagine if slim and elegant looking Qin Siyu 秦思宇 of the Shanghai team puts on a Qipao or a nice evening wear, she’ll look like a supermodel :cheesy:

samsara ... If you can find some photos of Qin in clothing other than sportwear that’ll be great...thanks :)

• Zhou Miao is really good looking and she looks so happy with her bf :)

The Chinese league has some fantastic players who also look fabulous. Imagine if slim and elegant looking Qin Siyu 秦思宇 of the Shanghai team puts on a Qipao or a nice evening wear, she’ll look like a supermodel :cheesy:

samsara ... If you can find some photos of Qin in clothing other than sportwear that’ll be great...thanks :)

Qin Siyu 秦思宇 (born in May 1994, northern girl (born in Heilongjiang Province), 184cm, MB, Shanghai team, shirt #7)

Dig around Baidu.com, not many cool pics of her... and not quite my cup of tea either :D

She and Gong Xiangyu took part together in the 2015 Montreux Volley Masters, Qin Siyu is 3 years more senior than Gong, from thereafter Gong made a tremendous wave for herself, then joined the 2016 OG team. Both Yu (Shuangyu 双宇) -- their given names are the same, Yu 宇 means universe, still encounter each other on court when Shanghai team meet Jiangsu team.

Qin Siyu was born in Heilongjiang Province and was chosen by Zhang Miaofeng, the female volleyball coach of Shanghai Children’s Sports School, during her tour of selecting talents across the country in 2003 when Qin Siyu was in the fourth grade of primary school. Zhang Miaofeng then brought Qing Siyu to Shanghai and entrusted Qin Siyu to her favorite prentice Xu Huimin who had just retired from Shanghai Team and taught female volleyball in Hongkou Children’s Sports School.

At the 1st glance, Xu Huimin noticed that though Qin Siyu was only 1.5m at that time, she was quite slim and slender. Qin Siyu is very smart and hardworking. Xu Huimin said Qin Siyu was arranged to study at Hongkou No. 3 Primary School, a famous school in Shanghai, and she studied very hard and received training at the Volleyball Arena of Hongkou Sports Stadium in her spare time.

Under the careful training of Xu Huimin, Qin Siyu has made significant progress in her skills. She was selected to receive training at Shanghai Children’s Sports School in 2005. Xu Huimin said several players that she taught have been chosen to receive training at Shanghai Children’s Sports School and 4 or 5 players of the current Shanghai Female Volleyball Team are from the female volleyball team of Hongkou Children’s Sports School.

After 5-year of training in Shanghai Children’s Sports School (2010), Qin Siyu was selected by the coach of Shanghai Beach Volleyball and included into Shanghai Female Beach Volleyball Team. Two years later (2012), Zhang Liming, the chief coach of Shanghai Female Volleyball Team at that time, found that Qin Siyu was more suitable for indoor volleyball and then recruited her into Shanghai Female Volleyball Team. And Qin Siyu started her indoor volleyball training from outside.

(…)

Hongkou Volleyball Player Selected in the National Team (2017-04-13)

http://www.shhk.gov.cn/shhk/En…3aa-ade5-dab4a7710a50.htm

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: addition; more ().

• :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Fantastic ! Thanks ...

Gong , yes, the little universe .... fun loving, laughs a lot, sometimes there’re tears, but most of the time she looks happy and cheerful.

:lol:

• Without delving into the details and reading the related coverage myself, just from your match result updates, I conclude the final standings will be:

1. Beijing
    2. Sichuan
    3. Fujian
    4. Yunnan
    5. Hebei

The host gets the honour to stay at the cradle... poor lovely captain Miao Miao 😂 while the capital is commanding at the top :-) lol the 22nd is the last day match iirc

Good job the charming Miao Yiwen of the Sichuan 👍 next National Games even better again, to play in the finals, thus under the proper TV cameras :super:

• In the 2021 14th National Games volleyball event of 9-12 qualifying position, the Women's Volleyball rankings are:

The 5th and last round (22 April):

Fujian bt Beijing 3-1

Sichuan bt Hebei 3-1

Beijing team won the first set, but made many mistakes, fighting spirit was also not high. The Fujian team had relatively large ups and downs, but could always win the key points, thus beat Beijing team in three consecutive sets. This victory also brings the team to the top, and finally ranked 9th in the National Games.

Hebei team eventually succeeded to win a set in this qualifier :P

In the Round 4 (21 April), Sichuan vs Yunnan, the two teams had almost equal strength. Sichuan won in a tight match, 25-19, 19-25, 25-23, 25-23... the cutie Miao Yiwen had contribution to the match point.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ii4y1A7VV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decent TV camera coverage:

China Women's Volleyball Super League, Stage 2 (Sichuan - Shandong)

2020-2021中国女排超级联赛第二阶段(四川-山东)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1tK411V7ZW

Last year's Super League match of Jiangsu vs Sichuan

20200930 女排 江苏vs四川

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wp4y1Y7Gu

#watching the Sichuan's star: Miao Yiwen #12 <3 against the strongest team

Edited 3 times, last by samsara: Addition, more ().

• Maybe Beijing's bad result means that their coach/management will go

• They definitely need to rethink their priority. Stop relying on foreigners for good results in the league and start focusing on developing domestic players.

I really don't think that the Chinese Women's Volleyball ecosystem NOWADAYS still needs the foreign players to induce the volleyball development of the clubs... in essence why spend money unnecessarily? Why remove the opportunity of the spots from the domestic players? If clubs cannot be wise on their own, the association must educate and regulate them to be so! I don't like the "pop", "instant result orientation" approaches -- spending a lot unwisely with little benefits for the development of the national volleyball -- wrong approach!

Spend the resources on scouting and nurturing young talents, grow the junior teams, look at what Shanghai team is doing with Qin Siyu and Hongkou Children’s Sports School -- about four to five players of the Shanghai VC come from Hongkou Primary School, means they develop the players since very young age. Qin Siyu, born in Heilongjiang, was a result of the talent scouting program done by Shanghai. A big city's economy can afford such young talent development by building the supporting Primary Sports School and so forth. Look at how many young players from the national junior team are playing in Tianjin and Jiangsu teams.

Hongkou Children’s Sports School

2021 Shaanxi Chinese National Games (female volleyball event)

Beijing has been left behind because their players are getting aging, introduction of the young players is lagging behind. They should have enough funding to establish a solid talent scouting and young talents growing program, just set the right policy, have capable persons with dedications in charge of them, etc.

When Lang Ping is retired, and if she still wanna engage somehow in volleyball, but in more relaxed ways, with less intensity, perhaps the national association can ask her help and appoint her as the "National Master Teacher", a role to educate and nurture a new generation of volleyball "experts" in all aspect, from A to Z, from talent scouting role to coaching functions, just to do thing in the right ways. My very point is for Lang Ping to transmit all her lifelong accumulated knowledge, skills and wisdoms in the volleyball to the young generation nationwide... to establish the next generation of knowledgeable and powerful mentors! A strategic development of the sound foundation for decades to come!

• When Lang Ping is retired, and if she still wanna engage somehow in volleyball, but in more relaxed ways, with less intensity, perhaps the national association can ask her help and appoint her as the "National Master Teacher", a role to educate and nurture a new generation of volleyball "experts" in all aspect, from A to Z, from talent scouting role to coaching functions, just to do thing in the right ways. My very point is for Lang Ping to transmit all her lifelong accumulated knowledge, skills and wisdoms in the volleyball to the young generation nationwide... to establish the next generation of knowledgeable and powerful mentors! A strategic development of the sound foundation for decades to come!

I hope Lang Ping will record a lot of videos or even write some books that told everything about her experience. Maybe that's one alternative to preserve her knowledge and experiences. Tbh, im a little worried about China WNT after Lang Ping retired.

• noncontinuous footage from Henan-Liaoning match

The shirt #6 of the Henan team, Huang Ruilei 黄瑞蕾 196 cm, born in May 1996, MB is cute too  :*

HENAN vs LIAONING: 14-25, 22-25, 25-20, 25-18, 15-10

An important match that help Henan team advance into the Top Eight.

Edited 4 times, last by samsara: addition ().

• I am waiting for the qualifier of junior event (U20).

Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan, Wang Yi-fan and so on

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I am waiting for the qualifier of junior event (U20).

Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan, Wang Yi-fan and so on

It’ll be great if some of the U20 matches are live streamed...I am keen to see the progress made by Wu Mengjie. I’ve only seen short clips of her playing as a 17y.o. but I was very impressed. At that time, I thought, with proper guidance, she could even make the national team in 2 or 3 years.