2021 FIVB Boys' U19 World Championship // Iran

• Russia advances to the SFs. Congrats! Hope Russia starts with Sidorenko and Kirillov in the next match.

• What a horrible game. Nothing to get from this "smurf" generation for ARG, but at least Conde has a second chance. Even the libero was terrible today.

• Russia advances to the SFs. Congrats! Hope Russia starts with Sidorenko and Kirillov in the next match.

Kirilov is now starting. I like this guy, there is some finesse to his setting almost elegant-like.

• A. Nikolov and Labinskii definitely the two MVPs so far in this tournament, both are very impressive.

• Yes, Nikolov and Labinskii are best players during this competition, and with Porro, Arthur and maybe Szymendera from Poland have the best projection to the senior volleyball from what I've seen.

To be honest, I thought Bulgaria will collapse after this almost 3-hour long game against Italy, which was so exhausting both mentally and physically, and first set supported my view, but it seems we'll get a game that can go both ways with 1-1 and early lead for BUL. If Tatarov wakes up, Bulgaria can take it.

• Labinskii this match is playing below his standard, and Russia's lack of a good Opp is hurting them right now.. Tatarov on the other hand is prolific for Bulgaria

• Tatarov's approaxh reminds me a bit of Poletaev

• Dang Bulgaria playing 2 five-setter matches and coming up on top on both occasions.. the gold medal is theirs to lose I hope they still have the energy left lol

• Wow, grats for Bulgaria.

Labinskii was awful for three sets, but then he started to finish every ball he got from Kirillov, but Bulgaria stepped up their game as well. If Russia wants to blame something from today's game, that is definitely 2nd and 3rd set, when they were terrible. Both teams playing below their normal level, so I think Poland will have a shot for a gold if they beat Iran.

Bulgaria had fantastic 83-84 generation, and when these guys (Kaziyski, Gaydarski, Milushev, Yordanov, Aleksiev), especially Matey, came into senior NT, they quickly improved to the level of very best teams with some older guys (Zhekov, Salparov, Nikolov and Konstantinov). I wouldn't be suprised if they find another golden generation here: Nikolov and Tatarov are real talents, their middles are good, they have Karyagin from '02, Asparukhov from '00, Grozdanov from '98, Atanasov from '96, there's Seganov as well, who will play for a while, there's also super-talented Bulgarian playing in Italy in Treviso youth teams, and he wants to play for Bulgaria AFAIK, but he's 15yo, so we'll see if he turns into something big (Hristo Hristov). The question is whether they find versatile OH and maybe a better setter to mix things up a bit, but the future after Sokolov retires seems to be bright for Bulgaria.

• What a way to lose :rolll:

Russia played predictable, no middle attack it finally caught them at the end.. Bulgaria was just a bit luckier in the end

• Russia played predictable, no middle attack it finally caught them at the end.. Bulgaria was just a bit luckier in the end

Yes, and the one to blame here is the coach. He's good overall, but his tactics are horrible. He benched Kirillov after the first game and never created the connection between him and the others (Sidorenko, Tarasenko, Vlasov). Idk why he put a shorter setter :down: Also, he benched Sidorenko by Ivanov who played against Cuba and Brazil, even though Sidorenko did great/nice in the first matches and needed more games. Well, let's see if they grab the bronze medal like my prediction was :heart:

• Today was Vlasov's birthday and what a way to celebrate it :lol:. Well, he is kinda promising and needs to work harder on his skills. :box:

• Bulgaria was fast defensively and offensively when things are a scatter. They aren't that special but they wanted it more than Russia with how they move.

I would like to see A. Nikolov and Tatarov in the future of Bulgarian senior team sometime. I hope the libero also plays for the team and maybe one of the setters too as I am not fond of Seganov's play during crunch time. I think Palev have the better hands but he's only 188cm unfortunately. Nikolov is quite green but he's got the fire and the height.

I just hope this team doesn't wilt under pressure like the senior team. They weren't fazed by Russia and Italy which is a good sign.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• some/most of them are underage...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Good win vs Italy to finish in 5th with record of 5W - 1L.

Still, a little sour taste from that hammering against Iran. Overall, the same impression from all the ARG youth teams over the last 4 years: good but not great. Conde and Salazar probably will be important for senior NT someday.

• Rotflmao at the awarding ceremony having Miss Universe vibes.:gone:

#FreeBritney