China NT 2022

• the rumor from Brazilian media: Week 2 of VNL 2022

Zhong Hui, Wang Yi-fan and Gao Yi in

Wang Yi-zhu, Yang Han-yu and Jin Ye out and ready for 2022 AVC Cup

But ... Zhong Hui wasn't in the training roster of 20 players for VNL 2022. Cai Bin just likes her spike serve to replace Wang Yi-zhu?

Not sure how accurate is this but if confirmed I think it’s a positive move.

I was hoping Wu Mengjie gets a chance too but....

:|

• About the senior NT, the thing I'm most worried about especially with Yao Di gone is the return to the "quick" systems (certain USA fans will be especially familiar with it). I hope the coaching team isn't as dumb as to repeat the earlier coaching issues in 2018.

Why are 1.90m girls trying to playing volleyball as if they are 1.75m? god knows

• About the senior NT, the thing I'm most worried about especially with Yao Di gone is the return to the "quick" systems (certain USA fans will be especially familiar with it). I hope the coaching team isn't as dumb as to repeat the earlier coaching issues in 2018.

Why are 1.90m girls trying to playing volleyball as if they are 1.75m? god knows

Height is not the only reason a team would prefer to play a quick system. USA has played a fast system for a decade although their team were as tall as Chinese team. It all depends on whether a team has such a special setter or not. It does not to every setter

• Height is not the only reason a team would prefer to play a quick system. USA has played a fast system for a decade although their team were as tall as Chinese team. It all depends on whether a team has such a special setter or not. It does not to every setter

Before injured in 2019, Cai Ya-qian is the setter. However, now ... she is still waiting for the debut of the senior NT.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• So, China will play Korea in the U18 Asian C’ships semi finals tomorrow. Korea are a good all round team. They beat Thailand easily in their last group match today.

China need to improve all aspects of their game to stand a chance against Korea. In their match against Japan, their receiving, passing and blocking have been substandard. Their players are taller, but I noticed they are not as quick and mobile as the Japanese.

In their attack, most of the settings have gone to their OHs, but they in turn have performed poorly. Their spikes have mostly gone one direction and are easily read and picked up by defenders. Perhaps Wang Yindi can help with attacking from this side, instead of just the right side where very few, poor quality sets are going.

I am thinking, If Wang Yifan is available, can she join the team for the U19 World Championships next year ?

:|

• Perhaps Wang Yindi can help with attacking from this side, instead of just the right side where very few, poor quality sets are going.

I didn't watch the matches, but judging from the comments the setter doesn't have the technical skills to set to 2 and it's all about position 4.

as is tradition

• I didn't watch the matches, but judging from the comments the setter doesn't have the technical skills to set to 2 and it's all about position 4.

as is tradition

The matches are available on FB (live and delayed) and YouTube, if you have some free time, it’s worth a visit.

And, yes, there is not much you can do during a tournament, if the setter or any player doesn’t possess the skill levels required to compete. These are acquired through years of hard work and training. I was very impressed with the Korean players today. They attack freely and through the middle by quick, low sets. A bit like the ‘fast system’ you talked about earlier.

Hard to say who will win tomorrow, I’m hoping it’ll be a good close match, an exciting one.

:)

• Although China is hardly to win Japan in the final of 2022 U18 ACH, the match doesn't start and who knows the future?

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• In 2022 U18 ACH,

Wang Yin-di got Best Opposite Hitter.

Shan Ling-qian got Best Middle Blocker.

Chen Xi-yue got Best Outside Hitter.

However, I feel Wang Yin-di and Chen Xi-yue should be better than now.

Some problems about basic skills still exist but why always said, "There will be no good coaches and players in China!" ?

If Wang Yi-fan and Yang Jia joined it, would China be the winner?

I just say, "No if".

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• the official roster of Week 2 of VNL 2022:

S - Diao Lin-yu, Ding Xia

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Chen Pei-yan

OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yun-lu, Jin Ye, Wang Yi-zhu

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Yang Han-yu

L - Ni Fei-fan, Wang Wei-yi

Only Chen Pei-yan replaced Miao Yi-wen.

I doubt whether Cai Ya-qian could play matches during VNL 2022.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• At the Araneta Coliseum awaiting the CHN v. Belgium game. The Chinese fans are EVERYWHERE! So many more fans of China (with stickers, flags etc.) than the USA v. Bulgaria match earlier. The Chinese fans really are fervent! (I mean, I’m one of them 😂)

• At the Araneta Coliseum awaiting the CHN v. Belgium game. The Chinese fans are EVERYWHERE! So many more fans of China (with stickers, flags etc.) than the USA v. Bulgaria match earlier. The Chinese fans really are fervent! (I mean, I’m one of them 😂)

let’s hear it from you and the other fans.....加油 🇨🇳女排 !

• Ok so - thoughts after the game against Belgium?

L: Decent game from WWY, but she looked pretty out of breath after long rallies. Her physicality was not as strong as the Belgian libero imho

S: Am very curious why they played Ding instead of Diao for such an easy match… Could be to practice the middle connections? Or because Cai is out so the asst. coach prefers Ding? She did well. Was hoping to shout 丁接应 if she spiked successfully but not this round 🤪

OH:

JY - is marginally better than last week but was still underwhelming… Her digs are halfhearted, serves so-so, attacks only happened in Set 3 when Belgium had kind of given up

LYY - Had a feeling she wasn’t at 100% in the first two sets due to a few clear mistakes, then when she was subbed out and was rubbing her temples at the sidelines… I just hope she’s back when China play USA.
    WYL - Her attacks are still very meh but ball control is quite impressive imho… Deserves to start over JY

OPP:

GXY is amazing wonderful and a cut above the other hitters not named LYY

MB:

Much better than the game against Thailand, but many missed connections with the setter still. Don’t remember seeing a clear slide D from either , but YXY & WYY look a lot better than they did last week… Also quite a few more blocks overall.

I think China never really got out of second gear. They would need to buck up to beat USA & JPN. Also, I know this is redundant, but the players are absolutely MASSIVE IRL. Like… compared to the Belgian team they were huge and DOMINATED at the net. Just wish I got an autograph/photo!