China NT 2022

• apparently Yao Di isn't going to the training camp.

I seen a rumor that this first session will last around three weeks with the intention of inspecting newcomers and the main players aren't needed. Perhaps that's the reason?

But if Ding Xia, Yuan, LYY, LYH, Gong, Wang YY, and Wang Mengjie are there then it doesn't make sense for Yao Di not to be there.

• I seen a rumor that this first session will last around three weeks with the intention of inspecting newcomers and the main players aren't needed. Perhaps that's the reason?

But if Ding Xia, Yuan, LYY, LYH, Gong, Wang YY, and Wang Mengjie are there then it doesn't make sense for Yao Di not to be there.

of the listed ones, the other Tianjin girls are going. I don't really know what's going on.

• of the listed ones, the other Tianjin girls are going. I don't really know what's going on.

it would be unfortunate if she doesnt want to play cause Cai Bin is the new coach or because Zhu and Zhang are out.

I still think her position would be safe despite Diao's relationship working under Cai Bin in Jiangsu.

• it would be unfortunate if she doesnt want to play cause Cai Bin is the new coach or because Zhu and Zhang are out.

I still think her position would be safe despite Diao's relationship working under Cai Bin in Jiangsu.

Hope she doesn't give up on Paris. Clearly the better setter of 2021.

But from what I've heard, she has some pretty serious injuries on knees/legs.

• Hope she doesn't give up on Paris. Clearly the better setter of 2021.

But from what I've heard, she has some pretty serious injuries on knees/legs.

I remember the rumor of her possibly retiring after the National Games due to those problems, but she looked fine during the league. If her injury is worsening then it's probably best to focus on other setters as the next options.

• the photo:

players: (bold as famous)

Li Ying-ying, Jin Ye, Wang Yun-lu, Wang Yi-zhu, Shi Bing-tong, Zhong Hui, Wu Meng-jie, Wu Han, Chen Xi-yue, Lin Yue-xin, Che Wen-han, Han Wen-ya, Cai Xiao-qing, Wang Yi-fan, Li Yao, Zhang Hong-lin, Wang Wen-han, Ding Xia, Zhao Ya-lun, Zhang Xin-yue, Chen Xin-tong, Sun Hai-ping, Xu Xiao-ting, Diao Lin-yu, Cai Ya-qian, Zhang Zi-han, Yu Jia-rui, Wang Yu-qing, Yang Jia-ning, Xiong Qin-qing, Yuan Xin-yue, Zhang Yu, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zhang Shi-qi, Hu Ming-yuan, Gao Yi, Zhang Yu-qian, Yang Han-yu, Zeng Jie-ya, Liu Yu, Zheng Yi-xin, Huang Rui-lei, Mao Jun-yi, Chen Bo-ya, Sun Xiao-xuan, Wang Yin-di, Gao Hui-yi, Zhang Xin-lu, Lei Yan-xi, Ou-yang Qian-qian, Zhou Ye-tong, Gong Xiang-yu, Du Qing-qing, Chen Pei-yan, Miao Yi-wen, Wan Zi-yue, Zeng Hui-lin, Wu Xin-yu, Meng Zi-xuan, Xu Jia-nan, Ni Fei-fan, Wang Meng-jie, Qin Yao-wei, Yang Yu-ning, Zuo Zi-fan, Gao Zheng, Wang Wei-yi

OH (Li Ying-ying)--> S (Ding Xia) --> MB (Yuan Xin-yue) --> OP (Chen Bo-ya) --> L (Meng Zi-xuan)

PS: I remember that Lei Yan-xi and Wan Zi-yue are MBs instead of OPs ... Wang Wen-han is also a MB.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited 2 times, last by tomen ().

• what are your expectations for china in this next summer?

Do you believe that I prefer to focus on Chinese men's NT?

:lol:

Chinese men's NT 2022

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Ding Xia is currently taking part of the NT training, but she also applied for a coaching position at her club Liaoning which is pointing to a possible retirement.

This past season could have been her last and she may retire after this upcoming NT season (VNL, Asian Games, WCH). ||

• Gong can go back to opposite then. Or maybe Cai Bin wants to put Zhang as opposite and Gong as outside?

I would prefer Zhang at opposite, but after knee surgery would she still be able to handle the physical impact of that position?

Gong is tricky because she's a passing opposite, would she really be more effective on the left? Then there's Wu Mengjie who was hidden when it came to passing this past season. There will be lots of player shifting come VNL.