Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Can she, though? It seems to me that her reception, which could only be described "adequate" on her best day, has steadily declined over the last couple of years. Second Malešević or Blagojević, she is not. One Opp is equally short-sighted, but for different reasons. Surely it would be wise to give Bošković some off games (or at least sets)? Must she play every single set for 10-12 games? Also, Bjelica is to go from a captain earlier in the year to not even make the squad for the more important competition? That's just not how things are done even if Bojana Drča is to take over the captainship. That's not to even mention the fact that while she might not be Bošković, she is still a very good opp, and could be a starter for quite a few teams in the WCH.

If Mihajlovic will make the roster, there's no need for Bjelica. Brankica can easily do double sub for a few rotation (I really don't think it will be so frequent considering how bad second setter is) Bjelica is not terrible but I wouldn't call her good. I don't think she could be starter in any of the European teams playing in WCh

• I don't think she could be starter in any of the European teams playing in WCh

Belgium, Bulgaria, even Germany. Ofc we are talking about Bjelica vs available players to this countries ATM.

• really ? When is Bojana bad a reception ?

Less frequently nowadays than she used to, but every couple of games, there would be sets where she looks like someone took away all her muscle instincts a la Space Jam.

If Mihajlovic will make the roster, there's no need for Bjelica. Brankica can easily do double sub for a few rotation (I really don't think it will be so frequent considering how bad second setter is) Bjelica is not terrible but I wouldn't call her good. I don't think she could be starter in any of the European teams playing in WCh

See, now that's an interesting thought, but I would argue that if Brankica recovers even 50 % of her powers from 2018, than she would be more useful as an OH, in tandem with Boskovic and/or Lozo to make the offence as lethal as possible. If she plays on the level of last couple of years (even on the level of this year's VNL) Bjelica would still be a better player than her.

Belgium, Bulgaria, even Germany. Ofc we are talking about Bjelica vs avaialbe players to this countries ATM.

Exactly, plus maybe half a dozen non-European teams.

• What's this exaggeration? #crovolleyvibes😂

Bijna is not a world class receiver, she is decent at best. And busa is better than her for sure

what are you talking about ? This is absolutely untrue and the stats back me up.

• Belgium, Bulgaria, even Germany. Ofc we are talking about Bjelica vs available players to this countries ATM.

Both van Hecke and Grobelna are a class over Bjelica. Same for Nikolova. Germany wont even have any opp in their roster, they will most likely play with 3 OHs so it is pointless to compare them.

She had just a decent VNL (not even impressive one) her club performance in last couple of years also speaks itself, she is just a mediocre opp

• Both van Hecke and Grobelna are a class over Bjelica. Same for Nikolova. Germany wont even have any opp in their roster, they will most likely play with 3 OHs so it is pointless to compare them.

She had just a decent VNL (not even impressive one) her club performance in last couple of years also speaks itself, she is just a mediocre opp

Van Hecke, Grobelna, Nikolova,...,Brakocevic, Lipman, Hooker LoL.

Ofc we are talking about available players to their countries ATM. I can't help more than this :wall:

I'm not talking about Bjelica as world star opposite, but you are in your ignorant mood anyway.

• Van Hecke, Grobelna, Nikolova,...,Brakocevic, Lipman, Hooker LoL.

Ofc we are talking about available players to their countries ATM. I can't help more than this :wall:

I'm not talking about Bjelica as world star opposite, but you are in your ignorant mood anyway.

If you are excluding these players then your comparison is very pointless because Belgium plays with a middleblocker as Opp. So not only Bjelica any other mediocre Opp could be starter in Belgium team :wall:

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to say Bjelica is a world star player, I said it before too, she is not terrible but just a mediocre one. You are in your ignorant nationalistic biased mood again, so no point to discuss with you 🤦

• If you are excluding these players then your comparison is very pointless because Belgium plays with a middleblocker as Opp. So not only Bjelica any other mediocre Opp could be starter in Belgium team :wall:

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to say Bjelica is a world star player, I said it before too, she is not terrible but just a mediocre one. You are in your ignorant nationalistic biased mood again, so no point to discuss with you 🤦

Your sentence is senseless if you include this players and that was my only intention to help you to reduce dumbness. To quote you "I don't think she could be starter in any of the European teams playing in WCh". All reasonable members will get it that all this players i mentioned will not be at WCH and that Bjelica definetly could be and should be starter in comparision with other AVAILABLE players to this countries.

But i can imagine that you can't undrestand this, it is too much.

It is your comparaison and lack of abilities/knowledge to describe Bjelica as a just solid opp that she is. Keep nationalism to yourself and the other members of this forum.

• If you are excluding these players then your comparison is very pointless because Belgium plays with a middleblocker as Opp. So not only Bjelica any other mediocre Opp could be starter in Belgium team :wall:

So? Belgium is not the only team she could play as a starter (again, available players...). I don't see you denying that when I made the claim in one my previous posts in more detail, so it seems to me you're just splitting hairs on this at this point.

I said it before too, she is not terrible but just a mediocre one.

That's too simplistic. The shortest way to accurately describe her is that she is a very limited, very uninspiring, good oop. She will get you a surprisingly large number of points over the course of a tournament, but she will rarely look particularly impressive or play well against the strongest teams at the highest level.

But even as such, most NT teams in the world (so that there is no misunderstanding, I say that in the context of there being close to 200 NTs in the world, not just best dozen or so) would want her as a starting Opp. But even more importantly, that is all she needs to be as a backup Opp whose job is to rest Tijana for a few games (or even just sets), and it's enough to justify her inclusion in the final roster.

• Your sentence is senseless if you include this players and that was my only intention to help you to reduce dumbness. To quote you "I don't think she could be starter in any of the European teams playing in WCh". All reasonable members will get it that all this players i mentioned will not be at WCH and that Bjelica definetly could be and should be starter in comparision with other AVAILABLE players to this countries.

But i can imagine that you can't undrestand this, it is too much.

It is your comparaison and lack of abilities/knowledge to describe Bjelica as a just solid opp that she is. Keep nationalism to yourself and the other members of this forum.

You can't reduce any dumbness into any context, only add more🤦

The comparison was in a hypothetical situation she could have played in those NT as starters as if she is better than them, and in such hypothetical situation it makes sense to compare active players (availability can change anytime) obviously such hypothetical thinking is too much for your ignorance

• You can't reduce any dumbness into any context, only add more🤦

The comparison was in a hypothetical situation she could have played in those NT as starters as if she is better than them, and in such hypothetical situation it makes sense to compare active players (availability can change anytime) obviously such hypothetical thinking is too much for your ignorance

Sure :lol:! Good night :rose:

You are blooming

• Let's cool down the temperature and tone down the language a bit. There's a way to have this debate without slinging words like "ignorance" and "dumbness" every which way.

• This is funniest thing he said. :lol:

She literally saved /helped newly promoted team to stay in strong italian A1 league.

No It wasn't really because of her. She attacked with 33% this is very bad for a 'solid' opposite player. Even Carcases attacked better although she is an outside hitter and she attacked with more balls

• Let's cool down the temperature and tone down the language a bit. There's a way to have this debate without slinging words like "ignorance" and "dumbness" every which way.

There is no way, but just not debate this "things" anymore ever with.......i will respect it blindly (for my own sake), also your admin position is clear to me, but that old platitude that "sometimes some things have to be caled by their real names" it fits so well, i can't help, but sorry (i'm not sorry at all).

Sportski pozdrav :*

• Full list for WCH.

Setters:

Sladjana Mirković

Bojana Drča

Maja Ognjenović

Opposite spikers:

Tijana Bošković

Ana Bjelica

Sara Carić

Jovana Zelenović

Liberos: