Serbian Women's NT 2022

• I'm about to watch the match, but only one MB and OH in dream team? Is that standard for junior compeitions?

They only chose 1 OH and 1 MB

Probably only in the Balkan Championship this is the case:/

• I already watched it, but it's a great find. More people should see it, and OSSRB should really think about including captions, at least for the popular players.

Basically, they get asked what was their worst defeat and favourite win of the season (they both answered for defeat against Red Star); then which team is their biggest rival; then who is the biggest rival in Serbian domestic league at their respective positions (both put forward their teammates: Uzelac said Jovana Mirosavljevic, Hena said Saska Djurovic); then whether they are more nervous prior to matches in European competitions as opposed to domestic (both answered no); then they were asked how they feel when they are told that they are "future of Serbian volleyball" (Hena's answer and demeanour is really adorable, it's the one where she laughs the most); then what they want for their 18th birthday (Aleksandra said car, Hena scooter); what they have to say about each other (each independently said the other one is her best friend); and finally to ask each other 1 question of their choosing (Aleksandra asked when are they going to go out which Hena said never because they don't have covid-pass; Hena asked "when are you going to block me", Aleksandra: 'Next game")

• I don’t think we can risk only taking 3 middles to WCs. That makes me too nervous

• I don’t think we can risk only taking 3 middles to WCs. That makes me too nervous

Agreed

• In theory I agree, but it's not encouraging that neither Popović nor Kocić got any playing time in VNL (at least neither scored any point). It makes it less likely Santarelli will take both along. Sure there is always the chance of Aleksić or Stevanović getting injured, but he might decide to prefer to risk that in order to have as many options at OH, which is our shakiest position, and for which there is always the possibility that reception will just broke down for any one girl at any given match.

• Well just take Pusic as libero and have a MB/OH as 2nd libero then

Well while the only reason why some people insist on 4th middle is risk of injury (Kocic will not play even against Kazahstan because of schedule), taking just one libero (even having in mind lower possibility of injury on that position, no jumping,....) would be sensationaly apsurd.

Taking the big picture into account and the entire concept of this team, and not just repeating the well-known position that three MBs are a risk, it is clear that this risk is smaller than the possibility that removing one of the OHs could cause the absence of much-needed variation on that position.

• Exactly what I was trying to convey. Maybe, hopefully, one day we can be in a position where we can rely on at least one sure option at OH for reception, but that will not be this year, and all of the candidates (except Brankica, obviously) will have to try with their mix of uncertain-but-maybe-good-enough-on-any-given-day reception to hold the fort long enough for our offence to carry us as far as it can. In such a team, the more rotating options the better.

• I think second libero is not needed when you have Busa in the roster who can play as libero any day in the case of injury. So, to me, it makes more sense to bring one libero instead of 3 liberos. Alternatively, one Opp would make sense too since I don't think Santarelli will do a lot of double sub

• I think second libero is not needed when you have Busa in the roster who can play as libero any day in the case of injury. So, to me, it makes more sense to bring one libero instead of 3 liberos. Alternatively, one Opp would make sense too since I don't think Santarelli will do a lot of double sub

Can she, though? It seems to me that her reception, which could only be described "adequate" on her best day, has steadily declined over the last couple of years. Second Malešević or Blagojević, she is not. One Opp is equally short-sighted, but for different reasons. Surely it would be wise to give Bošković some off games (or at least sets)? Must she play every single set for 10-12 games? Also, Bjelica is to go from a captain earlier in the year to not even make the squad for the more important competition? That's just not how things are done even if Bojana Drča is to take over the captainship. That's not to even mention the fact that while she might not be Bošković, she is still a very good opp, and could be a starter for quite a few teams in the WCH.

• Exactly what I was trying to convey. Maybe, hopefully, one day we can be in a position where we can rely on at least one sure option at OH for reception, but that will not be this year, and all of the candidates (except Brankica, obviously) will have to try with their mix of uncertain-but-maybe-good-enough-on-any-given-day reception to hold the fort long enough for our offence to carry us as far as it can. In such a team, the more rotating options the better.

huh? Bojana is a world class receiver. She’s phenomenal in that area. She could be second libero

why would buša play libero instead of Bojana ?

• huh? Bojana is a world class receiver. She’s phenomenal in that area. She could be second libero

On some days. Then on others, she looks almost as bad as Buša on her bad day. Like Forrest Gump's mom used to say: "With Serbian OHs, you never know what you're gonna get".

• Bojana is really stable in receiving actually, but nevermind, they are both mediocre at best in defense (especially for libero requirement standards), big no for both in libero consideration. Busa is better option for 4th middle than 2nd libero, she even played like fake MB in Vizura.

• On some days. Then on others, she looks almost as bad as Buša on her bad day. Like Forrest Gump's mom used to say: "With Serbian OHs, you never know what you're gonna get".

really ? When is Bojana bad a reception ?

• huh? Bojana is a world class receiver. She’s phenomenal in that area. She could be second libero

What's this exaggeration? #crovolleyvibes😂

Bijna is not a world class receiver, she is decent at best. And busa is better than her for sure