Turkey NT 2022

• Am I only one that thinks Meliha has a role and is doing it well?

No one passes better than her and it allows Cansu to run the middles more.

Sure she can’t attack… but if you’re attacking the amount of times they are with Zehra and Eda, she doesn’t need to

Other people can fulfill her role at this point tbh and add something in offense at least, she is not anything special esp. when her role crumbles every single time when it's a tiebreak and she gets aced at mps. Also I would like to see the improvement of these younger girls if they played as much as her. Just compare Saliha's bad performance in offense here and you can see that she has the same amount of sets in 2 sets as Meliha in 3. Because the setters dont trust her.

She is the best defender yes, but no one in the team is a bad defender and we have a second libero to come in as well for gods sake.

• nah, meliha can be thrown out of the national team along with guidetti according to posters here ;)

I'm sorry but Meliha should be thrown out, she shows nothing special and is not young anymore, Gio is a good trainer but he has his issues and I'm not going to ignore it for his good club record, how can he have issues with so many players... Also VB is like Beijing in how the players get free tickets to the NT for simply being a VB player at this point. Yes at least VB is good:rolll: :lol: but its still corrupt...

• This all seems very rude now but it's not my intention XD I liked Meliha and she did a good job in the past few years and was a big part of the stable reception line in Turkiye. But now she tends to fade away during matches and is not so reliable even in defense. Other girls show more promise, let them improve or even fail in my eyes.

It's like thanks for your service but leave before it gets too messy, I feel the same way about Meryem Boz for example and everyone knows I pushed her for the NT for years lmao

• Other people can fulfill her role at this point tbh and add something in offense at least, she is not anything special esp. when her role crumbles every single time when it's a tiebreak and she gets aced at mps. Also I would like to see the improvement of these younger girls if they played as much as her. Just compare Saliha's bad performance in offense here and you can see that she has the same amount of sets in 2 sets as Meliha in 3. Because the setters dont trust her.

She is the best defender yes, but no one in the team is a bad defender and we have a second libero to come in as well for gods sake.

Setters dont have to trust her. Ebrar is the one that fills that role (or the one that has to)

Meliha has shown that she is the best passer of the OH group, which is the most important thing for Turkey's system. Everyone gets nerves in crunch time... Look at Ayca vs USA...

Sure, getting offense would be nice... but lets be honest... Saliha is not adding much either (Hande needs to be that player). The USA match is very much an outlier in that aspect.

Im not saying to cut Saliha either. But Meliha absolutely has to be in the squad (and she should be a starter as long as her passing is as good as its been)

Sure she can’t attack… but if you’re attacking the amount of times they are with Zehra and Eda, she doesn’t need to

I have been telling this forever. She is very underrated due to her lack of offense but as you said her role is so crucial for Turkish system which plays with MBs as scoring options. None of the other OHs has Meliha's reception and defensive skills. Even Aylin in the background can't contribute as much Meliha.

Meliha shouldn't be criticized when she doesn't score because this is not what's expected her anyways (of course ideally an outside should do both very well but it is hard to find those kind of players) Meliha should be starter as long as she keeps her reception at a good level which is her main role in the team

• 2nd friendly match is happening now.

Türkiye is leading 2-0.

TVF is posting some stories on IG if anyone is interested.

Türkiye won 2-1, I guess they were only playing 3 sets today.

I didn't see Hande playing at all. They started with Saliha-Ilkin, then Saliha-Tugba and then Ilkin-Tugba and Tugba-Meliha.

Beyza played today! Curious to see the stats

Edit: I saw Hande now and Bahar too

• The OH line-up puzzles me the most and whether we will be in the 3rd libero because we will probably be with 3 MB

Cansu-Elif

Ebrar-Meryem

Eda-Zehra-Beyza

Hande-Saliha-Meliha-Tuğba-İlkin

Simge-Ayça

• Tuğba is making friends already

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I think that, for the most part

I also understand some of the objections to it from folks who have seen her play a lot more than I have, and have big picture hopes and dreams of the whole Gui/VB/NT kerfuffling and where she fits into that narrative

• Setter: Cansu - Elif

MB: Eda - Zehra - Beyza

OH: Meliha - Hande - Tuğba - Saliha - İlkin

Libero: Simge - Ayça

Attack: Meryem - Ebrar

I was right that it would be 5 OH and I even hit with the squad :rolll:

I would trade Ayça for Aylin in total

• It was already known from Instagram pictures anyways

• TRT posted this, and comments against Salih are gently ridiculous

• Girls changed their positions and played 1 set for Vestel's YouTube channel. If Ebrar, Vargas, Aleksia doesn't happen we can convert Eda to OPP :lol: she is so good lol

Setter Hande has a great connection with the middle blocker Saliha :lol:

I cried with laughter:rolll:

• Girls changed their positions and played 1 set for Vestel's YouTube channel. If Ebrar, Vargas, Aleksia doesn't happen we can convert Eda to OPP :lol: she is so good lol

Love the video!

Ebrar says she played a bit selfish as a setter since she always wanted to attack or tip the ball. And to play as a setter was her dream since she was young

Eda says that she loved playing as opposite, she thinks it is an easy position because she just had to kill the ball, nothing else. On the other hand as MB she has to run around a lot for blocking

Simge was complaining that she wasn't getting any sets