Turkey NT 2022

• This is what I was thinking, imo this is the future of Turkish NT with strong MBs and less strong OHs, they at least need to be better defensively so the setter can play the fast system, Vargas can be very quick as well which works great. It will be like 2018 Turkey with Meryem except Vargas is much better than Meryem. Who plays the fast system well? Gamze. Obviously in other systems she is not as great so take a versatile substitute with you, can be anyone. I'm not convinced with Cansu anymore either. Call me crazy but I genuinely think with a new system that supports her, Gamze can do great.

So imo the OHs should focus on their defensive skills coming season, but tbh with Alexia being a VB player I wouldn't be surprised if Alexia becomes NT member instead of Vargas even if she's benching for Egonu all season :gone:

We don't have OHs that can play high ball, we are read when we play high ball, and that's a huge problem :gone:

• OMG, I just saw some Turkish people on twitter call Naz "Nazi"! Please tell me that is (a hilariously ill-chosen) affectionate nickname.:rolll::lol:

• OMG, I just saw some Turkish people on twitter call Naz "Nazi"! Please tell me that is (a hilariously ill-chosen) affectionate nickname.:rolll::lol:

It is one of the additions in Turkish to the subject. They probably wrote something like "why did not they invite Naz to the NT" which is translated as "neden Naz'i milli takima davet etmediler".

• Here's one such tweet:

• Yeah and that's exactly what I meant. Basically the tweet says "As Santarelli brought back Stevanovic, the new trainer will bring back Naz". So it is not a cute form of Naz, I guess in that case it would be like "Nazom, Nazoli, Naziskom" or some other silly forms. Funny that it exactly is spelled like Nazi though :D (with Turkish ı, not i)

• Here's one such tweet:

Turkish is an agglutinative language so we add to the end of a word. ım or Naz'ım specifically would mean like "my Naz", ı in the 2nd one alone is just used to refer to Naz, the subject.

ı is a different letter than i btw. It's pronounced more like "euh"

İn general GT really fails translating Turkish in my experience.

• İn general GT really fails translating Turkish in my experience.

It translates "Egonu" as " your ego", I kid you not...:rolll::lol::aww:

• Lang Ping is the best candidate. I hope Gui will leave. There a bunch of players he has personal issues with and I'm so sick of this.

And do you think there's a non-zero chance of her becoming one? Because if there isn't, it's kinda irrelevant that she is the best "candidate".

• And do you think there's a non-zero chance of her becoming one? Because if there isn't, it's kinda irrelevant that she is the best "candidate".

I personally consider that that chance is negative, regardless of what team Jenny would coach.

• Guidetti made Turkey relevant despite the lack of relevant players and they fire him :white: what did you expect? That he will magically create new players or? Karakurt and Eda cannot win on their own against top teams, I’m so sorry.

• Guidetti made Turkey relevant despite the lack of relevant players and they fire him :white: what did you expect? That he will magically create new players or? Karakurt and Eda cannot win on their own against top teams, I’m so sorry.

wow you're right! Also this is so dumb to change a coach in the middle of an Olympic quad.... did they not learn from the Netherlands. I'm sure they'll be fine long term but the year before qualifiers to change a whole system is risky....... so they'll spend the most important summer trying to get to know players and a new system... yikes

At least he will stop magically disappearing players he doesn't like, too many players he has an issue with and apparently even some players in the roster don't like him anymore, I don't agree with this narrative. Turkey had a few good years with Gio but it was a upper-mid level team and it's still an upper-mid level team. But Turkish volleyball also grew so much in recent years anyway.

I remember Ebrar saying in a time-out, ''no matter what I do, I can't make him happy''. It's good to not force something when it's not working anymore, thanks for his medals in Ech and VNL and bye.

Guidetti made Turkey relevant is the biggest stretch I've ever heard.