#18 Marivic Meneses

OH:

#6 Frances Xinia Molina

#15 Alyssa Valdez

Dub Sub:

#32 Setter Iris Tolenada

#20 OP Katrina Mae Tolentino

• Jaja's pretty much scoring at will

• The thing about Malaysia is they don't have enough experience with what to do when things don't go according to plan. Their reaction time to loose balls is way slow

Passing not so good either. Poor #6 I think it was. Tried to pass a free ball and it went the wrong way and she got yanked

I like the way Malaysia setter #19 takes a deep breath before serving. There's that :rose:

• Well, opening match wasn't a thrill ride (especially without Majoy) but it was a nice introduction. Nice to see Jaja in this context. She seems pretty powerful in comparison to others. Both PHI setters are camera ready :heart:

• Really liked to see the duo Santiago/Valdez in action for the NT, interesting they're in the same net rotation... i liked both setters, especially the one that force middle balls setting from almost the 3-meter line. i think it was Tolenada.

Hope this team can get a medal, they were so kind when came to Brazil. Best of luck coach Jorge!

• Really liked to see the duo Santiago/Valdez in action for the NT, interesting they're in the same net rotation... i liked both setters, especially the one that force middle balls setting from almost the 3-meter line. i think it was Tolenada.

Hope this team can get a medal, they were so kind when came to Brazil. Best of luck coach Jorge!

Oh yeah .... their coach is a Brazilian guy, right? What's his full name?

• Anybody know where stats might show up for this?

• yeah!! his name is Jorge Edson Souza de Brito, former middle blocker from Brazilian NT, and an Olympic champ in Barcelona 92.

here's some more info: https://www.fivb.com/en/media/…ional-volleyball?id=96748

That's pretty cool.

"FIVB approved 12 months of coaching support for the team which began this July [2021]. As part of the project, the FIVB appointed Head Coach Brazilian Jorge Edson Souza de Brito ..."

ps - he's registered on volleybox. I wonder why he didn't add himself to the PHI team :/

• That's pretty cool.

"FIVB approved 12 months of coaching support for the team which began this July [2021]. As part of the project, the FIVB appointed Head Coach Brazilian Jorge Edson Souza de Brito ..."

ps - he's registered on volleybox. I wonder why he didn't add himself to the PHI team :/

yeah, that's an whole project, i noticed some Brazilian coaches in another NTs like Luizomar, Osasco's coach in Kenya for the Olympics, Rafael Petry in Mexico, working with Bricio; Paulo de Tarso with Ruanda, Rizola is doing a great job in Colombia, but that's a older project... and hope many others.

• Philippines gonna win a medal this year. I can feel it!

I had forgotten they finished in last place (of 4 teams) in 2019 .... because Malaysia wasn't there, I guess. They were flailing, lost the bronze in a tie break to Indonesia