Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Some teams will get a weekend off in the middle of the season, just one of the quirks of the schedule.

Queenseis have a spiking problem, when you have basically all of your team have the spike percentage (kills/attempts), it is not good. Let alone the opposite who you pay the most is at that level as well, its not her fault, except when she gets nearly twice as many times as the outsides.

JT is a problem for many teams because they can spread you out and then Karsta, while not Annie levels, is still a good fit for the team.

Saitama was outspiked by JT in a 3 set match by 19 points.

Hitachi falling back to earth with the loss to Toray. Kurogo coming in as a serving sub with 2 aces on 6 serves.

• I wish Hitachi's Coach would go to the subs a little earlier, and but, more importantly ... stick with them

I wish Toyota's Coach would sub. Leaving someone on court out of pity is not cool. Cherry Blossom Girl we need you. Captain Mioko we need you. Yukiho Hara we really need you

• I have an irrational hatred for Denso's green jersey.

me too. there are few questionable color enhancements this year I'm not fond of. Kurobe yellow being another one

• Saitama lose, they played against stronger team?

Yes. No surprise there. JT's been a top dog for the past few years. Things could change

I didn't watch the match yet but Lozo had a little sub time it looks like: 2/10, and a block

• Hope we have some reversals tonight. I don't want to give up on more parity in the league just yet :box:

It's possible for all five to go the other way in the rematch, Hitachi and Saitama probably the most difficult because JT and Toray refuse to suck

Himeji can only win if they keep their brains turned on. They have the power and skill but they brainfart too much, and SAGA's unlikely to suck. If Van Hecke and Fukuzawa come back up to speed, double trouble

Kurobe should play a two set scrimmage before meeting Denso so they can come out strong instead of waiting until the third set. Two cool things about Denso: Yuki Hyodo has turned into a superstar of epic proportions; Sayaka > Mami

Toyota has to do something about Cuttino

Oops, I think I just lost hope :white:

• Re-watching SAGA Himeji: I'm really becoming an Airi Miyabe fan, and becoming quite anti-Fukazawa

Lise Van Hecke is interesting. She's, like, the template of what I usually object to, but there's something appealing about her. She's good, too. Love her cocked switchblade swing, a little Neriman-esque, and she's not the obvious defensive liability BCS usually are, and I have yet to see any signs of Euro-pouting :drink:

• Disappointing for me that so far NEC, SAGA, and Toray are the only teams to have brought in more than 1,000 fans to their Home Games. NEC's had the most, 3,432 opening weekend, but they are in Tokyo ... even if it's across the river in another prefecture :)

• I'm going to blame Toray for this Hitachi loss X(

• Any link for today games?

I think they've been on QQ

• These fake skworts, or whatever they're called, Himeji are wearing need to be terminated immediately. With prejudice :down:

• Tugba's having a little success tonight so far 5/10

Altinli

• do u have link pls?

I'm watching on the paid subscription. Check QQ

• PFU looks nice and relaxed this weekend. That's good coaching to relax your team after four straight losses :drink: