Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• When are the finals happening? sitenoise

F

inal Stage April 8–22, 2023. Top four Regular Round teams compete in a Single Round Robin

• Advantage points are given according to RR Ranking (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd, 0 for 4th)
    • Top two teams play a Single Final Match
    • No 3rd Place Match - Final Ranking based on Round Robin Finish
  • Lowe seems to be finding a better groove with the JT girls now :flower:

Karsta Lowe is a groove machine :)

• How does a fastee work? like being light on their feet or having crackhead awareness or both

ideally both. It's all about the attacker starting her swing before the ball leaves the setter's hands. something like that

• Himeji Tweet:

At the Satsumasendai Tournament, both Plak and Ito had to leave the field due to injuries during the match, which caused everyone great concern. We would like to inform you that both of them were examined and treated at the hospital, and fortunately they are not seriously injured. Both players are currently adjusting their conditions for their return to competition

The Plak situation was hard to figure. One play she takes one on the chin from Neriman that seemed to rattle her a bit, and she may have wobbled her right knee while adjusting her body weight to get out of the way. A play or two later she was digging a ball, legs slightly wide (think Saori) and it appeared that her right knee may have hit the floor. But she got up and didn't appear frazzled or limping

Then she's off camera for a bit while they show the Denso team reacting to something going on on Himeji's side. When the camera returns, she's down on one knee (the right one) and uncomfortable. They try to help her off court but she needs to get back down on her hands and knees for a breather. While down, she makes a back and forth across her eyes to one of the trainers ... as if she's dizzy or something

They help her up and off the court and she is definitely favoring the right knee

• Nanami Hirose is an "evangelist" for NEC now. She interviews a former analyst for the team ...

Hirose: what do you think about the current team?

Analyst: I don't know because I haven't watched many other games, but when I saw only this game (Empress's Cup final ... I haven't seen the numbers at all, so I can't say anything

What was the point? :rolll:

• Pimpchaya's spike is listed at 293cm on V.League. I think that's nuts. She's 304, 305 easy. She has great RBI business going on and downward angles to die for

Too bad you peoples don't enjoy watching the Kurobe. If you did you'd love Hitomi Fukumoto. Her intuition is outstanding :rose:

• Denso's running around all happy and confident with a 4 point lead

:call: Hey Denso, last set is calling

• Thanacha 14/28 @50% :box: Pimpichaya 18/46 @39%

Fun

• PFU really enjoyed themselves tonight . That was fun, too

• Tugba is swinging sassy now :rose:

• I hope this SAGA / Saitama match goes full set so Nakajima has a chance to get her kill rate up

• 2023.01.21 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Himeji 0–3 Toyota

22-25

16-25

21-25

59–75

Denso 1–3 PFU

22-25

24-26

25-20

28-30

99–101

JT 3–0 Hitachi

25-17

25-20

25-20

75–57

Okayama 1–3 Kurobe

20-25

27-25

23-25

20-25

90–100

SAGA 1–3 Saitama

20-25

21-25

25-23

13-25

79–98

Toray 1–3 NEC

23-25

25-20

28-30

23-25

99–100

• I think we have the Final Four teams right now. JT, NEC, Toray and Ageo.

NEC and Ageo with 2 matches fewer played but already ahead on wins and points of Hisamitsu and Toyota.

Ageo still has to face Kurobe, Denso and Okayama 3 times, while NEC has Hitachi and Okayama, but face Hisamitsu next weekend. If NEC gets the sweep of Hisamitsu and Ageo wins tomorrow, I would say the final four would be locked barring some injury to a big star.

• Tugba gets the number win picture today and had a really good match.

Hyodo with some brutal numbers in Denso’s loss, 8 kills, 2 errors on 33 swings in a four set match. She if she gets to double figures maybe Denso win over PFU.

Himeji put Airi at opposite due to Plak’s injury and she ties Cuttino on spikes,but Cuttino wins on blocks 4-0, and aces 1-0.

Karsta just dominating for JT and Hanna Tapp still a sub, really looks like the coach is going to be fired at this point, albeit Hitachi is safe in V1.

Springs were a combined -25 points in spiking (-18 kills and +7 errors) against Ageo. Ouch

Koga and Kulan basically were a tie tonight, but Mayu with an off night spiking for Toray, but makes up in blocks and aces. However NEC is just more efficient and takes the win.

• Himeji put Airi at opposite due to Plak’s injury and she ties Cuttino on spikes,but Cuttino wins on blocks 4-0, and aces 1-0.

Airi was actually OH in the rotation and hits at left, but do not receive and is being replaced by the libero. They used another player as MB (who is also an OH), and converted Tanaka back to her Opp position :lol: Airi was playing OH in the recent games even before Plak's injury, but always get pulled. She played as OH again earlier, and actually did well this time. That game could've been better if Saki Tanaka played atleast her usual game. They were all bad earlier :lol:

• Airi was actually OH in the rotation and hits at left, but do not receive and is being replaced by the libero. They used another player as MB (who is also an OH), and converted Tanaka back to her Opp position :lol: Airi was playing OH in the recent games even before Plak's injury, but always get pulled. She played as OH again earlier, and actually did well this time. That game could've been better if Saki Tanaka played atleast her usual game. They were all bad earlier :lol:

of course I did not look at the rotation data and seeing the stats and going no receives, ok she’s the opposite. So now hearing from you that she was not the opposite is one of the odd quirks with rosters and rotations.

• Ordinarily I get goosebumps when a middle blocker plays the receiving line, like, ya know, when they are good at it and they're gonna back attack

That business of Tanaka at MB. She's Himeji's most reliable attacker. But she rotated off court like a regular middle blocker, essentially cutting her court time in half :aww:

So ... Rimi Kaneda , from out of nowhere, let's try her as receiving middle blocker :aww:

"Odd quirks" doesn't begin to describe Himeji Coach's flailing and desperate attempts at ... what he's doing