USA Women's NT 2023

• ill be honest, im not reading the VNL because im not reading any fights in there sksksk

so if its not toxic, tell me lol

I thought that was a really exciting game... Probably the best crowd a USA tournament has seen.

I think Karch should be absolutely embarrassed. I dont think I've seen a worse coaching performance at this level. He's been trolled by the Italian elf for two years in a row now.

It was unfortunate for Micha to have her worst game of the VNL... but bringing Carlini (who isnt healthy) is probably worse.

I dont want to get started on the Annie Drews debacle... or the middles having two kills combined between the four of them... and one of them was that whack one from Chiaka lol.

I thought Frantti and Khalia were bright spots. I think thats about it. Other than fighting to save set/match points. I was hoping for a fifth set lol.

• Why? Frantti and Lanier were both a bit problematic passing but they attacked well. And their defense is miles beyond Plummers.

Plummer needs to be moved to opposite or something. Annie just..: I can’t be an Annie defender lol

That’s what I thought. She can kill OOS and her height will be a huge advantage on blocking.

At this point I already make peace with the fact that she won’t be in Paris. 😂 Too bad for someone who was supposedly the best produce of NCAA.

• Why? Frantti and Lanier were both a bit problematic passing but they attacked well. And their defense is miles beyond Plummers.

Plummer needs to be moved to opposite or something. Annie just..: I can’t be an Annie defender lol

Frantti's passing is okay. She's no Risa Shinnabe but who is? I was going to comment on her technique. She seems to catch the ball a little higher up on her arms than most, and has a nice, delicate, touch. Seems confident enough. It's important to look marvelous before becoming marvelous

• love it!

• but seriously why did Karch waited 3 and half sets to let JT play. After the first set, Drews was just gone.

I really dont understand what he did.

I dont care if JT never hit a ball... Annie's defense and just general presence was just.... awful. (setting her on match point is just an awful decision)

If she was injured I get it... but why wait until like 14-19 in set 4 or whatever it was??

I just have so many questions... (Kelsey starting next to Hancock... waiting forever to bring in Dana... not trying Hentz as a defensive sub)

its just really bizarre... I hope they play the not starters tomorrow... I dont care about bronze. I want some answers before IOQT lol

• but seriously why did Karch waited 3 and half sets to let JT play. After the first set, Drews was just gone.

I imagine he thought she might return to form? What else could it be

I can't speak to KK and his players but it's a thing with Japanese players who might start well and then take a turn for the worse that they signal very clearly that they are done, out of it. If coach doesn't get that signal he lets them ride. Maybe Drews didn't signal?

• Maybe he was just trying to give ayers confidence or was to sure that some ayers like Kelsey and Annie were going to warm up to their level, which didnt happen.

Indeed his biggest mistake was to wait until the difference was too wide to make any changes.

• Maybe he was just trying to give ayers confidence or was to sure that some ayers like Kelsey and Annie were going to warm up to their level, which didnt happen.

Indeed his biggest mistake was to wait until the difference was too wide to make any changes.

Which would be fine if Annie had any sort of level on defense... LOL. There's two plays towards the middle of set four that she just absolutely flubbed.

Kelsey could've/should've been used as a DS... i dont know why she wasnt...

i dont know lol. i dont care that they lost. i just want answers for IOQT.

• mmmmm , lots of monday morning quarterbacking (not disputing any of it) but they were a point away from going full set and could have won the match. Then what are we gonna be talking about

• mmmmm , lots of monday morning quarterbacking (not disputing any of it) but they were a point away from going full set and could have won the match. Then what are we gonna be talking about

some of that's fair.

but starting with Kelsey lined up next to Hancock to start with should've been an absolutely not.

Same with the Carlini situation.

Karch doesnt have any in game adjustments... its problematic. other than try and hope it sticks.