China NT 2023

• It will be very interesting to see how Zhang Changning performs, considering she wasn't active for a season or so (if I remember correctly).

• i think two seasons

2021-22

2022-23

Even better! Considering she took such a long break off, I hope she can improve on the fundamentals and get a style back.

I remember thinking in 2019 that her swings at the net were a little awkward, as in her form wasn't the best. What I mean is that when you spike, usually your spiking arm is at the centre line where your head would be if you were standing still, giving you more power + leverage. But she spikes more like a "stick smash" in badminton, where your body is not angled, just straight, and you smash down. I hope she also improves on her spiking approach and landing... I hold my breath at times when the rally is scrappy and she lands off-balance...

• well she was off for almost 2 years, I’m not sure if she has fully recovered/in her previous fitness level, so that’s understandable. I hope this would be a good stepping stone for her to return back to the NT next year though!

Her elder brother, Zhang Chen, didn't participate in Chinese League 07/08 and 08/09. He returned Jiangsu VC in 2010 and returned Chinese men's NT in 2010 and even Zhang Jing-yin was his substitute in the first week of 2018 VNL.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan