China NT 2023

• benchwarmer  Julian Chow I guess you don't know that her dad is a high-ranking official in the PLA. Bayi even cut the coach instead of her when there was a dispute and she bragged about it.

I’ve heard it being mentioned by netizens but I wasn’t sure whether they were just rumour or otherwise. But if she is so brazen to brag about it, then it must be true. For me the fortunes of the NT team is more important than anyone, high ranking or not and whoever is responsible for its failure must face the consequences. I’m afraid they might 担当唔起 (as they say in Cantonese).

Of course I’m still hoping the team wins Gold, then WYL and dad are happy... then she leaves the NT, and we are happy. However, there could be another, unthinkable outcome, which I won’t mention here, in case I upset everyone ||

• So if she’s there by nepotism, then the only way for her to leave the team is for her voluntary departure. I might see that happen if CNT doesn’t make it to the Paris Olympics. But the chances of them making it is still high due to the world ranking.

If they do not make it to Paris 2024, I feel bad for these players the most are LYY, GXY, YXY, WYY and WMJ because what have and would pull them down are CB and WYL ( if she is still the main player). Calls to drop WYL from the roster from CNT fans have fallen into deaf ears. She must have a very thick skin not to be affected by the criticism. I think she would get the respect more if she gives up the spot knowing her statistics / records do not warrant as the main / starting player.

• Watched the 3rd set of the 🇨🇳 vs 🇻🇳 match. Don’t know the reason why CB changed WYL and let her rest late into final set with a big lead.

I hope you don’t mind me quoting your post here, instead of in the asian games thread. Reason for CB doing this is probably to show that WYL is his first choice OH, not WuMJ.

If he continues to start with WYL and only replacing her when things get really bad, against Thailand or Japan, he might get a rude shock.

The Asian games are the pride of the nation. Just look at how proud and excited the commentators and guests are in my YT link above on our basketball team. Probably this feeling is shared by the entire Chinese population. CB better pick the right players and get it right for the last 2 matches. He can’t afford to not win the gold medal this time.

• I hope you don’t mind me quoting your post here, instead of in the asian games thread. Reason for CB doing this is probably to show that WYL is his first choice OH, not WuMJ.

If he continues to start with WYL and only replacing her when things get really bad, against Thailand or Japan, he might get a rude shock.

The Asian games are the pride of the nation. Just look at how proud and excited the commentators and guests are in my YT link above on our basketball team. Probably this feeling is shared by the entire Chinese population. CB better pick the right players and get it right for the last 2 matches. He can’t afford to not win the gold medal this time.

The national team can't afford to have Cai Bin win and stay until Paris.

• Reason for CB doing this is probably to show that WYL is his first choice OH, not WuMJ.

CB is tone deaf regarding criticisms of WYL Wu MJ did not play as much as WYL , but she has. been doing well when she was given the chance to play. WuMJ has had impressed us of her performance. WYL has not impressed us ever since from the beginning to now. Why the special treatment for WYL? Any special about her? Skill? Ability? CB killing LYY and GXY not to lessen the importance of YXY and WYY. The MBs do not hit / spike the balls as often as OP and OH. 🇯🇵 and 🇹🇭 will pose strong challenges. Let us see how CB does his tactics as if he has one. Hope CVL wakes up to this grave and disastrous mistake wrong coach and assistants as well.

• Gold Medal 🥇, ASIAN GAMES CHAMPIONS 🏆

I should be happy and celebrating, but why am I having mixed feelings and anxious about events that might or might not happen in the coming weeks or months. I hope CB’s head didn’t get bigger just because we beat Vietnam, Thailand and Japan ‘B’ team.

Anyway, Well done to all our players, especially those who worked hard and contributed to this victory :heart:

CTGN SPORTS

AVC

• Does this tournament give world ranking points?

• This 🇨🇳🏐NT roster needs to change. Relying primarily on LYY the most does not cut it. She will be tightly guarded and targeted making her ineffective and hopeless. At the same time, she will not only be stressed out and will start to lose confidence. It will be ugly for 🇨🇳. GXY needs another OP to relieve her when she has an off day as well as the needed rest. Hope ZT will rejoin the NT. With her, LYY and WuMJ that OH is pretty solid. WYL can be the extra if 🇨🇳 brings 4 OH.

• This 🇨🇳🏐NT roster needs GXY needs another OP to relieve her when she has an off day as well as the needed rest. Hope ZT will rejoin the NT. With her, LYY and WuMJ that OH is pretty solid. WYL can be the extra if 🇨🇳 brings 4 OH.

Agreed, players need to rest.. so reserves are equally important. For me the best OHs atm are ZT , LYY , WU M J and Zhuang YS (back-up OHs will be Zhong Hui, Wang YF)

And OPs - GXY and Zhou Yetong (back-up OPs will be Tang Xin, Wang Yindi and Miao Yiwen)

There is no place for WYL in my roster :|

• This 🇨🇳🏐NT roster needs to change. Relying primarily on LYY the most does not cut it. She will be tightly guarded and targeted making her ineffective and hopeless. At the same time, she will not only be stressed out and will start to lose confidence. It will be ugly for 🇨🇳. GXY needs another OP to relieve her when she has an off day as well as the needed rest. Hope ZT will rejoin the NT. With her, LYY and WuMJ that OH is pretty solid. WYL can be the extra if 🇨🇳 brings 4 OH.

Zhuang Yushan and Wang Yifan are all better

Zhu looks healthy in Italian league so far.

• LYY was captured having difficulties to just walk down a step and needed help from her teammate after the Asian Games award ceremony.
    Here’s an answer to the often asked question, why most Chinese players retired early. The 23 yo LYY may have worse knees than a 60 yo lady after being overused and overtrained by the Chinese coaches. She is having the exact same fate like many other former players of the era before Lang Ping returned to coach the NT.

• LYY was captured having difficulties to just walk down a step and needed help from her teammate after the Asian Games award ceremony.
    Here’s an answer to the often asked question, why most Chinese players retired early. The 23 yo LYY may have worse knees than a 60 yo lady after being overused and overtrained by the Chinese coaches. She is having the exact same fate like many other former players of the era before Lang Ping returned to coach the NT.

OMG! LYY should be getting time off to rest and get the treatment for her knees. She truly deserve a vacation and a good amount of time to rest. This is so inhumane- destroying a player’s career because of abuse. The player is forced into retirement unwillingly. It is cruel to the player especially it is something the player is passionate about. This is tragic because most of the usual injuries are not career ending ones when the proper treatments, proper trainings and conditioning as well as recuperation time / rest are implemented and followed. Read before LYY bought a house / apartment and if she cannot play professionally to earn good income, how can she pay off the mortgage / loan. CVL also did not permit her to play overseas which we know she could be paid a lot of money so much than what she is earning playing in Tianjin. This is so unfair to LYY.

I think her right hand is bandaged as well and there could be other issues. It's heartbreaking to see her like this. Cai Bin will continue using her and other core players.. and run them into the ground just to win tournaments and try to qualify for the Olympics so his precious WYL can look good and get a free ride. Did you notice he's even appointed her as "vice captain" standing next to Yuan to receive the gold medal. :/