Italian Women's NT 2023

• frosini is not a big mt material

She makes few mistakes and lack of strenght and not making progress in order to be an international prospect

She can aim to be a player like ortolani really technique but idk if she can reach that level

• Frosini is not a bad player but she is not an international prospect and combining her name with Akimova is quite ridiculous: If during the youth team Akimova was already superior to her, now the distance between the two is sidereal...

This year in Bergamo Frosini was faced with Lorrayna, player theoretically within her reach, but she failed to worry her in the slightest...

Lol this people burying young prospects careers before they even have had the time to develop or even play as starters for the whole league. You don't know when a player is gonna reach her peak or if they are gonna reach an elite level. Frosini ia not the typical OPP that relies on strength and athleticism, it's more about her technique and she's ready good at all elements. Thats precisely what makes her an important prospect for Italy bc we need a different type of OPP as backup kinda like Sorokaite.

• frosini is not a big mt material

She makes few mistakes and lack of strenght and not making progress in order to be an international prospect

She can aim to be a player like ortolani really technique but idk if she can reach that level

i share the same opinion actually. I was thinking this girl could grow and play like ortolani, sheilla, that kinds of opp that has good technique.

Unfortunately her development after club italia is slow and kind of stop.

• Lol this people burying young prospects careers before they even have had the time to develop or even play as starters for the whole league. You don't know when a player is gonna reach her peak or if they are gonna reach an elite level. Frosini ia not the typical OPP that relies on strength and athleticism, it's more about her technique and she's ready good at all elements. Thats precisely what makes her an important prospect for Italy bc we need a different type of OPP as backup kinda like Sorokaite.

To be fair, no one is burying Frosini's career here, not even saying she is bad. But wether she should be considered as NT material/prospect is another story. It's good thing that she has better techniques than other Italian opps, but it's also obvious that she lacks of strength and athleticism to reach elite level.

It's true that no one can predict when a player will reach her peak but looking all the elite opp's development trajectory, it's quite obvious that most of them already reach high level/show great potential at very young age around 20 y/o ( Bos, Paola, Haak, Vargas, Akimova, Kate,Ortolani, etc) . But Frosini is 21 y/o and still couldn't make her name in mid level team like Bergamo, competing with Lorrayna. The club will not give the starting position automatically to a young Italian player just because she have the possibility to blossom in the future (i.e. wrong move by Firenze to waste time on Nwakalor). Player have to earn her starting position by her good performance like Kate ouplayed Lippman last season.

But if we are talking about the standard of Sorokaite here, ofc Frosini could reach her level if she works hard enough and learn how to pass:rolll:. She has good techniques, why not learn how to pass and become more versatile :) after all, the OH competition in NT is way less intensive than OPP.

Wasn't she offered the starting opp role in busto next season? We could come back to this discussion after her whole season performance as starter in the club then.

• Really? The games against Bulgaria, Dominican Republic and the Netherlands are accesible and tonme Italia is the fav. The one they would for sure struggle is against China.

https://www.volleybal.nl/nieuw…-waarop-we-kunnen-groeien

Bongaerts, Plak, Daalderop and Lohuis will play in Hong Kong and Bangkok...

The match against the Netherlands also becomes much more complicated than it already was...

• 14 players for Round 2 in HK and Round 3 in Bangkok :white::white:

Lubian, Farh, Villani, Panetoni and Kate will join B team for training.

Palleggiatrici: Francesca Bosio e Giulia Gennari.

Opposti: Sylvia Nwakalor e Adhuoljok John Majak Malual.

Schiacciatrici: Alice Degradi, Sofia D’Odorico, Myriam Sylla, Loveth Omoruyi.

Centrali: Linda Nwakalor, Alessia Mazzaro, Anna Danesi, Federica Squarcini.

Liberi: Eleonora Fersino e Beatrice Parrocchiale.

• To be honest, besides ranking, skipping VNL may be this time actually a great idea considering how long is this season. Some teams will be completely toasted during OQT if they really want to play the whole VNL-ECH-OQT summer with starting players. Mazzanti will be criticized for everything at this point, so we'll see how this goes.

I wish Villani were there (wasn't she injured though?), she was better this season than any of these OHs. What says a lot about these OHs with all due respect, but still, with her and Nicoletti this team would be much more serviceable, or at least could've been.

• To be honest, besides ranking, skipping VNL may be this time actually a great idea considering how long is this season. Some teams will be completely toasted during OQT if they really want to play the whole VNL-ECH-OQT summer with starting players. Mazzanti will be criticized for everything at this point, so we'll see how this goes.

I wish Villani were there (wasn't she injured though?), she was better this season than any of these OHs. What says a lot about these OHs with all due respect, but still, with her and Nicoletti this team would be much more serviceable, or at least could've been.

Another reasonable thought is that deep down they know VNL is much less important than ECH and QQT, especially when you have such an advantage in the ranking. No matter how hard FIVB try to promote it, they don't take it seriously.

• Yeah. Plus these OG qualification rules are kinda tricky for the top teams - I don't know how does it look like in Italy specifically in terms of federation's expectations, but in Poland, in the male ranking we're by far first, so there's no practical chance we won't advance to the Olympics, but yet OQ tournament is said to be a main goal for this season, because I guess you want to be sure for 100% you'll qualify to the Olympics as soon as possible.

This year you have 12-15 VNL games, then 5-9 ECH games and then 7 OQT games. But obviously Mazzanti - despite the fact that I sometimes defend him for whatever reason - has had trouble peaking at the right moment, so we'll see what he does in this crazy season.

• Always the same useless group...

Useless for qualification in VNL, useless for the growth of the national team...

The national team B should be composed either of the best players after those of the national team A, or of the most promising players, or a combination of the previous groups...

Bringing players like Gennari, Malual, Degradi, D'Odorico and Parrocchiale is an absolutely incomprehensible choice...

Where are the young players?

It's all very frustrating: Mazzanti maybe will win some title or, more realistically, some medal between now and Paris 2024 but, when he finally gets out of the way, he will leave a team completely to rebuild...

• Bringing players like Gennari, Malual, Degradi, D'Odorico and Parrocchiale is an absolutely incomprehensible choice...

Where are the young players?

It's all very frustrating: Mazzanti maybe will win some title or, more realistically, some medal between now and Paris 2024 but, when he finally gets out of the way, he will leave a team completely to rebuild...

Which young players specifically?

• couldn't agree more ;(;(

I would add Mazzaro to the list cause she has a terrible season and obviously she has no much room to grow for NT level:aww: Might as well bring Graziani

• Which young players specifically?

Gardini? Piva? Giuliani? Armini? Manfredini?

You choose...

There are also others who are up to the ones I mentioned and who would really need this experience to grow instead of players who won't do it anymore...

My point is that if you make a team to lose, you have to make the loss have a utility…

• To think that some fan in HK even spent 200, 300 euros for the match between China and Italy, and all they get in return is such mediocre roster :cheesy::cheesy:.

All the ticket for China-Italy are sold out long ago, even the one with insanely high prices. :gone:

The tickets in HK are expensive but not THAT expensive:lol:

The ticket prices are 150/90/50/20 euros for that match day, the seats of 50 & 20 euros would be VERY far from the court though.

• Not that they are all promising but i would rather see Guiducci, Frosini , Piva, Graziani, Panetoni there. :lol::lol:. I have more tolerance for the young ones.

Well, it's better to lose with young players than the older players - this is correct - but besides Panetoni, none of them actually played decent or/and in a big role even in mid/low-level team last year, and they're already 20-23yo.

We have already a discussion about Mazzanti, so I won't go into that once again, especially when generally I agree he's not a top coach - but you are a bit scapegoatting him in situations and discussions like this one.

If the point is ''Gardini was actually quite bad this year, but it's still better to play her than D'Odorico", then I can agree on that. But if Italy needs a rebuild after Paris Olympics, I'm afraid none of these players besides Manfrendini will be any helpful, and herself she's probably not ready to play on this level right now, she's 17. And it's not on Mazzanti, 02/03 generation is really underwhelming.

• ''Gardini was actually quite bad this year, but it's still better to play her than D'Odorico"

Yes that's the point...

I agree with you that the 03/04 generation hasn't produced players capable of making the leap to "real volleyball" (perhaps only Graziani will have a chance) and this is especially true for OH...

But that doesn't mean that you have to give up but, on the contrary, you have to try anyway to squeeze the material you have: maybe one of them explodes against all odds...

Playing like Mazzanti, you'll never know...

• Okay, I agree on that part. Playing Mazzaro, who was great two years ago and hasn't been any good since, it's odd to say the least.

But these players should help themselves with their club choices in the first place, because Gardini won't play in Vallefoglia and I'm afraid Omoruyi will be benched as well in Chieri. I just wish 05-07 generation will be much better because these players theoretically can make it to the LA Olympics.