Iran Men‘s NT 2023

• Iran men’s national team full roster:

Setters: Ali Ramezani, Javad Karimisouchelmaei, Mohammad Taher Vadi

Opposites: Ali Hajipour, Amin Esmaeilnezhad, Amir Ghafour, Amir Golzadeh, Bardia Saadat

Outside hitters: Amirhossein Esfandiar, Armin Afshin Far, Ehsan Daneshdoust, Esmaeil Mosaferdashliboroun, Meisam Salehi, Milad Ebadipour, Mobin Nasri, Mohammadjavad Manavinezhad, Morteza Sharifi, Poriya Hossein Khanzadeh, Salim Chaparli, Shahrooz Homayonfarmanesh

Middle blockers: Aliasghar Mojarad, Amir Reza Sarlak, Mahdi Jelveh, Masoud Gholami, Mehrab Malakisorkhi, Mohammad Fallah Zarchoub, Mohammad Valizadeh, Seyed Mohammad Mousavi

Liberos:Arman Salehi, Mohammadreza Hazratpourtalatappeh, Mohammadreza Moazzen

*Ghafour later sent a letter to Iran volleyball federation saying that it's time to end his national team career.

• How about Kazemi?

Last year he didn't play well in VNL. In Qatar League, I saw whether he was as an OH or an OP, though he played better than other OHs and OPs, he might be still injured, at least I think.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• How about Kazemi?

simply didn't get the call. he decided to play in Qatar and later Kuwait leagues, the NT coach didn't like his decision. even though at the time they probably thought with Ghafour, Esmaeilnejad and Saadat Iran has enough Opposites but now Ghafour decided to be a jerk. (I don't buy his excuse) maybe there is a chance for Kazemi too. unlikely though

• Jeniawithlove

Changed the title of the thread from “Iran Men NT 2023” to “Iran Men‘s NT 2023”.
  • simply didn't get the call. he decided to play in Qatar and later Kuwait leagues, the NT coach didn't like his decision. even though at the time they probably thought with Ghafour, Esmaeilnejad and Saadat Iran has enough Opposites but now Ghafour decided to be a jerk. (I don't buy his excuse) maybe there is a chance for Kazemi too. unlikely though

What makes you think of that?

• What makes you think of that?

some people think he has problems with the coach even though both deny it.

he is something like 30 (not 38 or something) had a great season, helped his team to win the Iranian league title and also won the MVP award but then all of a sudden the found out "he is old and had enough of national team career" he never said anything about that during the year. Iran has still few good Opposites but Ghafour at his prime is still better than all of them.

btw it was announced today that Milad Ebadipour will also take a break from the NT. he is having his first child and also has some minor injuries (which ruined his season in Italy) he will not play in the VNL but apparently will join the team later.

• So because they're in the military reserves, they can't get a visa? Just move Iran to another pool.

they were in 2 years mandatory military service, not anymore. (1 more player + 2 coaches also denied visa)

IRIVF claims they won't send an incomplete team. all or none. we will see if it's just an empty threat or not. big test for FIVB to see how they will stand against the bully (don't except much though)

and in another news Meisam Salehi withdrew from the national team after his poor performance in Asian Clubs. he needs to work more on his injured (and not fully recovered) shoulder. will be a tough VNL for Iran without Ebadipour, Mojarrad and few others. players are leaving the NT one by one for different reasons, :tzz:

• What? My baby Meisam Salehi is not in the Iranian team? I'm pissed!

Yeah that's Arman Salehi who has visa issues. not Meisam

I just read an interview with him, he says his old shoulder pain is back and he "temporarily" withdrew from the NT to tend his shoulder

that will leave only Esfandiar, Sharifi and the junior Khanzadeh as options for the NT in OH position. the coach might change his mind and call back Manavinejad who was expelled from the NT camp for joining an Indonesian club (and won silver in Asian Clubs)

• Yeah that's Arman Salehi who has visa issues. not Meisam

I just read an interview with him, he says his old shoulder pain is back and he "temporarily" withdrew from the NT to tend his shoulder

that will leave only Esfandiar, Sharifi and the junior Khanzadeh as options for the NT in OH position. the coach might change his mind and call back Manavinejad who was expelled from the NT camp for joining an Indonesian club (and won silver in Asian Clubs)

Why do they expell a player for playing abroad? Is it forbidden like in Cuba? Or was there anything special with Indonesian league?

• Why do they expell a player for playing abroad? Is it forbidden like in Cuba? Or was there anything special with Indonesian league?

of course not, he was playing in France this season

the coach simply didn't want him to leave the training camp for a short contract, it was something like "if you go don't ever come back"

(some players left the camp to play for the Iranian club Shahdab, coach didn't want to lose 1 more player)

• of course not, he was playing in France this season

the coach simply didn't want him to leave the training camp for a short contract, it was something like "if you go don't ever come back"

(some players left the camp to play for the Iranian club Shahdab, coach didn't want to lose 1 more player)

This is unfair. Some can play for Iranian club but he can't play for Indonesian club? Manavinejad was good in Asian club champion but I'd love to see my Meisam Salehi baby back to NT.

• This is unfair. Some can play for Iranian club but he can't play for Indonesian club? Manavinejad was good in Asian club champion but I'd love to see my Meisam Salehi baby back to NT.

well I agree with you

but the NT coach wasn't really happy to release players for the Iranian club too. he only allowed them to use their "last season squad" (they hired couple more NT players for the next season and would love to use them here as well)

btw interesting news for you, M. Salehi joined the NT training camp today which means he is not out for NT season (which is against his own interview, looks like he was just exaggerating about his injuries). and Javad MJ is in too. actually there are 18 players in the short list for the 1st VNL week

these guys are in the shortlist

S: Karimi, Vadi
    MB: Mousavi, Fallah, Valizadeh, Jelveh
    OP: Esmaeilnejad, Saadat, Hajipour
    OH: Sharifi, Esfandiar, M. Salehi, Manavinejad, Daneshdoust, Khanzadeh, Homayounfarmanesh
    L: Hazratpour, A. Salehi

from what i heard M. Salehi is not going to play in the 1st week

• 14-player Roster for the first week of VNL

Setters: Mohammad Taher Vadi, Javad Karimi

Opposites: Ali Hajipour, Amin Esmaeilnezhad

Outside hitters: Amirhossein Esfandiar, Mohammadjavad Manavinezhad, Morteza Sharifi, Pourya Hossein Khanzadeh, Shahrooz Homayounfar Manesh

Middle blockers: Seyed Mohammad Mousavi (Captain), Mahdi Jelveh, Mohammad Valizadeh

Liberos: Mohammadreza Hazratpour, Arman Salehi