Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• The "Vero Volley" Consortium, as long as Marzari is there and in any case as long as she wants it, does not need money...

The president puts in and has always put in her money which she does not lack: for her and her family, maintaining a Top Team (two, because there is also a male team...) is like for a normal person making an annual donation to a charitable organisation...

Marzari's husband, Beppe Fumagalli, former owner of Candy, sold it four years ago for 500 million euros to the Chinese household appliance giant, Haier.

The sponsorship operation was certainly not done for budget reasons, but rather for prestige and to reduce the costs of the facility: Allianz Vero Volley Milano will play in the Allianz Arena in Milano...

• The "Vero Volley" Consortium, as long as Marzari is there and in any case as long as she wants it, does not need money...

The president puts in and has always put in her money which she does not lack: for her and her family, maintaining a Top Team (two, because there is also a male team...) is like for a normal person making an annual donation to a charitable organisation...

Marzari's husband, Beppe Fumagalli, former owner of Candy, sold it four years ago for 500 million euros to the Chinese household appliance giant, Haier.

The sponsorship operation was certainly not done for budget reasons, but rather for prestige and to reduce the costs of the facility: Allianz Vero Volley Milano will play in the Allianz Arena in Milano...

Yeah. As long as she doesn't get bored. :lol:

• Yeah. As long as she doesn't get bored. :lol:

Yes... :lol::lol::lol:

However, it must be said that Marzari, even if like all presidents/bosses, is often fooled by her vehemence, takes the matter very seriously...

In the end Monza/Milano and Firenze are the only two teams in the A1 championship that do not have never bought the category and only reached the top category by winning the minor championships... I also believe that the two clubs are also the two oldest in the entire A1 series...

• With the end of the Olympic qualifying tournaments, we finally get to the heart of the national championships...

The athletes still involved with the national teams, after 4 or 5 days of rest, will be more or less from Monday 2 October available to the clubs for play the first day of the championship on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 October...

The situation, between injuries and training with very small ranks, is quite varied: in the first few days we could also see some unexpected results...

• Just wanting for crovolley to say that mazzanti kicked her too ^^

Unfortunately, even if I don't know the precise dynamics, Mazzaro was stopped after the VNL Final Eight due to heart problems"...

I don't know what exactly it was but the girl hasn't entered the gym since mid-July...

She was stopped completely, with a ban on doing any sporting activity for two months...

• Unfortunately, even if I don't know the precise dynamics, Mazzaro was stopped after the VNL Final Eight due to heart problems"...

I don't know what exactly it was but the girl hasn't entered the gym since mid-July...

She was stopped completely, with a ban on doing any sporting activity for two months...

Is this public by now? Because, knowing about her heart problems, I was laughing my lungs out every single time someone pointed out Mazzanti left her home faking another injury.

Mazzanti is the new Voldemort for someone... :rolll:

• Unfortunately, even if I don't know the precise dynamics, Mazzaro was stopped after the VNL Final Eight due to heart problems"...

It's a bit OT, but I'm seriously worried about the increase of heart problems among professional athletes. I take the example of Sonny Colbrelli, 2021 Paris-Roubaix winner: he suffered a serious heart attack in 2022 Volta a Catalunya and had to retire for good. I hope we're not getting to the point where workloads are too extreme for the bodies to sustain such demands.

• They should shorten the league by a few weeks so that the new coach has time to prepare the team for the VNL. For me, a strong league makes no sense if it is not based on solid foundations in the national squad. Besides, it isn`t likely that Italian clubs will be able to enter into a financial fight with Turkish ones. Therefore, it is better to focus on working with young Italian people, instead of bringing average players from abroad to Italy.

• Let's take, for example, the Bergamo squad from 2010 and the Conegliano squad from the current one... In Bergamo, there were 6 Italians in the first team that won the Champions League and in Congeliano, only de Gennaro and sometimes one of the middle block play (Fahr/Lubian). For me, Robinson or Plummer are not such great talents that I cannot train such young Italian players.

• Let's take, for example, the Bergamo squad from 2010 and the Conegliano squad from the current one... In Bergamo, there were 6 Italians in the first team that won the Champions League and in Congeliano, only de Gennaro and sometimes one of the middle block play (Fahr/Lubian). For me, Robinson or Plummer are not such great talents that I cannot train such young Italian players.

That Bergamo team coasted 25% of what Imoco spends every season.

Anyway, if Robinson and Plummer aren't huge talents, I don't who is a talent anymore. :)