Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Scandicci is just the proof that 14 top players don't necessarily make a top team :gone: They are surely top 4, but if they want to seriously compete for Scudetto they should find some more stability in the second half.

Roma has less quality but looks quite solid as a team. They are even on route for top 8 halfway atm! And that without many big stars, really impressive :super:

Now it's time for the battle between the "disappointing teams": Vallefoglia and Casalmaggiore :box: let's go for another tiebreak!

• And they lost their best player plak couple of weeks ago

• Exactly! Although I must say that Rivero and Melli have stepped up and done a great job as well, even Schwan today had some good contributions. They just keep fighting for every point and have this 'fire'. Speaking of that, I feel like that is lacking at Casalmaggiore. Their faces seemed so neutral during the game, I want someone to step up and bring some spice into it. Because at this point it's not just them losing, but the way they lose. Kuddos to Vallefoglia who brought their fire and swept them 3-0. Dijkema is (finally) finding her connection with Aleksic :heart:

• I'm not used to give him any credit since he tried to make Turlea play as OH with Jesi in 2004-05. :rolll:

tumblr_nu23udX8QJ1sorkn7o1_500.gif

I mean, I get that revenge is a plate served cold, but maybe you should be a little bit less unforgiving... :rolll:

Exactly! Although I must say that Rivero and Melli have stepped up and done a great job as well, even Schwan today had some good contributions. They just keep fighting for every point and have this 'fire'. Speaking of that, I feel like that is lacking at Casalmaggiore. Their faces seemed so neutral during the game, I want someone to step up and bring some spice into it. Because at this point it's not just them losing, but the way they lose. Kuddos to Vallefoglia who brought their fire and swept them 3-0. Dijkema is (finally) finding her connection with Aleksic :heart:

I really don't know what to say about Casalmaggiore, they're in a really low place and the worst part of it is that they don't look anywhere near of turning around. Musso was stone-cold after the match and I probably overrated the roster a bit, but I'm starting to believe that the rumors about the financial struggle of team are bigger than expected.

About Vallefoglia, finally they're playing like they were supposed to do a bunch of time ago. Apart from the obvious ones (Aleksić above all, she is ready for a top team), I'm happy to see Gardini playing more and more as the season goes by.

• No info about Plummer and her injury ?!

• PINEROLO!! :box: they just took the second set vs Imoco 26-24 (after a 21-25 in the first). Imoco even subs for two Lanier-free backrow rotations, and Haak back in after 1 point because they needed her from backrow instead of Piani, so it's not like their B-team is playing or if they are really having an off day. Pinerolo just did their homework, some nice blocks/aces and power hitting paid off :super:

I'm also very proud of clumsy queen Polder for scoring some points in clutch moments :heart:

• True Pinerolo is putting nice fight BUT Fahr, Robinson and Lubian are not playing. Who are in the main roster in the most important matches.

Santarelli is mixing all the time. Like always but I need to give credit to Pinerelo they are playing such nice team play as Chieri.

• Lanier reception is on the point even though She is the main target from service line. She still strugles with jump serve but overall her reception is way better than in start of the season.

Santarelli really knows how to improve players skills.

• PINEROLO!! :box: they just took the second set vs Imoco 26-24 (after a 21-25 in the first). Imoco even subs for two Lanier-free backrow rotations, and Haak back in after 1 point because they needed her from backrow instead of Piani, so it's not like their B-team is playing or if they are really having an off day. Pinerolo just did their homework, some nice blocks/aces and power hitting paid off :super:

I'm also very proud of clumsy queen Polder for scoring some points in clutch moments :heart:

Conegliano will pull away eventually, but what a mighty job Marchiaro is doing once again, getting the 100% out of almost every player in the roster.

• It's a bit of a heartbreak for Pinerolo, but for the second consecutive time Conegliano has gone to a great deal of trouble to get the better of the Pinelle. Not much more to say about Marchiaro, once again he thoroughly prepared the match and it showed (having five players on double digits says a lot). It seems that Akrari has found another partner in crime with Polder. Cambi might have her batshit crazy moments, but for sure she's giving that unpredictability factor that can boost a very solid and tidy team. I don't know if they can keep up until spring, but I won't be suprised if they do.