S.Korea - 2023-2024 V-League (Women)

• Honest question, do you think this win was genuine lol

Or perhaps orchestrated somehow (💰) to end their losing streak and distract from the bullying on the team👀

Hmm :/

Idk... it did look like a genuine effort, and although Peppers have only 3 wins, there's not a big difference between all the teams... they had some really close matches and were unlucky not to have more wins, I think 🤔

• It seems suminj is right.

TRANSLATION:

Results of Korea Volleyball Federation Supreme Committee
    Regarding human rights violations within Pepper Savings Bank club,
    Listening to the summons of the parties and those of the concerned club and
    Accurate factual findings by checking the club's reference statement
    To prevent the recurrence of this
    Article 10 Article 1 Section 4, of the Human Rights Protection Committee
    Section 10, Article 1, Number 1 and 5,
    According to Article 11 Articles 4 and 5 of Article 11, Articles 4 and 5, of the Commercial Penalty Regulation Star Table 1, Discipline and Penalty Charge, it has been decided to discipline Oh Ji-young's qualification suspension for one year.

Hm... I don't know how I feel about this. It's great they are suspending OJY for bullying but pretty harsh that the Lee Twins are still banned from playing. :whistle:

• it has been decided to discipline Oh Ji-young's qualification suspension for one year.

Hm... I don't know how I feel about this. It's great they are suspending OJY for bullying but pretty harsh that the Lee Twins are still banned from playing. :whistle:

And KVA also made no mention of any suspension from National Team too

This happened in KOVO v-league but if you draw a comparison to twins case it pales so much in comparison

Though there are people saying that now that AI Pepper terminated their contract with OJY that after this 1 year suspension, its essentially a retirement for her considering her age, since clubs may not sign her again after this suspension - clear difference between male & female leagues (skills vs image)

• And KVA also made no mention of any suspension from National Team too

This happened in KOVO v-league but if you draw a comparison to twins case it pales so much in comparison

Though there are people saying that now that AI Pepper terminated their contract with OJY that after this 1 year suspension, its essentially a retirement for her considering her age, since clubs may not sign her again after this suspension - clear difference between male & female leagues (skills vs image)

Why the double standard in treatment?

• Why the double standard in treatment?

I'm guessing most of it stemmed from strong public reaction because the issue was blown big beyond volleyball sphere of news to nationwide news, so KVA jumped at making the decision for immediate suspension due to the negative press and upcoming Olympics.

The twins were huge in 2021 and their popularity went beyond volleyball, they had car commercials and went on variety shows even especially after the news of them joining the same club.

In their situation Pink Spiders massively messed up by forcing them to release apology letters and trying to sweep it under the carpet without going through proper investigation procedure with KOVO or their school.

Because the incident became so huge, there were also a lot of false rumours spreading (about their mom, etc) that it became nationwide news and even politicians commented on the issue.

If you ask me, it was just a very convenient cop out by KVA

• Why the double standard in treatment?

I wish it was just fair. I think permanently banning the twins is just bad overall. Even male volleyball players with the same issues have been able to play in the league immediately. Like Park Sangha and Jeong Ji Suk (literally SA charges).

I love KYK but obviously, she's the reason the twins cannot play anymore in Korea. You don't just "attack" one of the most popular sports players in your country and not expect some public outcry. I wish they solved this issue better, but the damage was already done (KVA and club incompetence). Korea is notorious for sports association scandals like this (speed skating for instance)

If we compare the latest issue between Son Heung Min and Lee Kang In (soccer), there were some major disagreements (leading even to physical altercations) but they were squashed pretty fast. I think KYK should have had more grace. I feel bad mostly for Lee Jaeyeong since she's simply guilty by association, and she's in limbo (her condition must not be very good now.)

• I think KYK should have had more grace. I feel bad mostly for Lee Jaeyeong since she's simply guilty by association, and she's in limbo (her condition must not be very good now.)

I'm still highly suspicious of why that article of an interview with LJY was taken down within 30 minutes till today without any answers

As for LDY & KYK... whoever is telling the truth, I simply wonder why KYK has not responded to any of LDY's accusations

If she plans on suing false accusations why did she release a statement yet not take any action

I'd much rather the 2021 incident be brought to a close with a conclusion rather than have it hanging in the air and brought up again and again

It is significant considering LDY went to the hospital during that period of time

Anyway, just things hanging in the air outside of volleyball gameplay

• If anyone wants to read on the issue on AI Peppers in more detail (source)

According to OJY it seems like a dispute regarding what the juniors did during the rest days after a match, however I doubt that that was all there was to it causing the juniors to even leave the club and forgo their careers

• If anyone wants to read on the issue on AI Peppers in more detail (source)

According to OJY it seems like a dispute regarding what the juniors did during the rest days after a match, however I doubt that that was all there was to it causing the juniors to even leave the club and forgo their careers

The other victim B is probably moon seul-ki...another libero

But both lee min seo and moon seul-ki is now playing non professional volleyball league