S.Korea - 2023-2024 V-League (Women)

• There was a scare in today's Pink Spider's 3-1 win over Hi Pass. With the score at 22-16 in the fourth, Thanacha and libero Yim Myung Ok both tried to retrieve a drop shot and bumped into each other. Thanacha came off worse and was seen lying on her back... luckily she appeared to be ok and was able to continue playing :heart:

• Hillstate completely over-relying on Moma... I wonder if its Dain's decision as setter or coach's decision

I get that Moma has a high success rate and she's an easy choice to set to,

But in their 5 set loss against KGC, for Moma to have scored 44 points alone and YHJ being the second top scorer on the team with just 12 points is a shame

Everyone after that only scored 0-5 points each, throughout all 5 sets

Hillstate's style should not be 몰빵배구, they won't be able to retain #1 if they continue this over reliance on Moma

Gameplay too easy to read

• I missed this match... :(

Usually Wipawee will contribute a bunch of points... but yes, Moma is very good... explosive ! and where does she find all that energy ? :lol:

Hillstate is my second favourite team, after Hi-Pass. I like an experienced player there... YHJ, a youngster, Choi Ho-Sun (still waiting to see her in action), Kim Da-In and of course Wipawee ! I was also impressed with reserve setter Kim Sa-Rang. Not too long ago, Kim was awarded a match VOM. During the interview, which I couldn’t understand most of it, she must’ve been asked how she felt about her fans’ support, she said “ SARANGHAE” and made a mini heart gesture... that, I understood :heart:

• Yes, all the OH were performing badly. Jeong Ji Yun, Go Yerim and even Wipawee were underperforming. Not sure why...

• It seems Lee Soyoung is injured once again:

She's been injured a lot since 2022...

Actually... since 2018? Or 2019? I can't recall

She's been injured almost yearly like KHJ, the only year she didn't get injured was 2021 which was her FA year

Edit: quick search shows she's been injured almost yearly since her debut year as a rookie, i think i recall her new contract having injury stipulation after her FA due to that

• Actually... since 2018? Or 2019? I can't recall

She's been injured almost yearly like KHJ, the only year she didn't get injured was 2021 which was her FA year

Edit: quick search shows she's been injured almost yearly since her debut year as a rookie, i think i recall her new contract having injury stipulation after her FA due to that

I'm not quite sure about her GS Caltex years. I know she was good during the time she was playing with Sowhi and Lutz... But definitely she seems quite prone to injury like Ahn Hyejin.

• I'm not quite sure about her GS Caltex years. I know she was good during the time she was playing with Sowhi and Lutz... But definitely she seems quite prone to injury like Ahn Hyejin.

2020/21 season was an exceptional year for her (someone say FA year?)

Even I was enthralled by her play that season and almost became a fan

No doubt she's a decent player but she never had such a season before or after that since

She's generally just known for stable receives

• 2020/21 season was an exceptional year for her (someone says FA year?)

Even I was enthralled by her play that season and almost became a fan

No doubt she's a decent player but she never had such a season before or after that since

She's generally just known for stable receives

I think she's quite good on her NT stint (especially the VNL before the Tokyo Olympics), and even during the 2016 /2017 Olympic Qualifiers.

Her weakness is just that she's injury prone and her height. When Lee Jaeyeong and Kang Sowhi started playing for the NT, she kinda got left out (stable receive and attack for Jaeyeong and service for Kang Sowhi).

• GS Caltex's coach for 8 years, Cha Sang Hyun, has bid farewell to the team.

He had a great run with GS Caltex, especially last 2020- 2021 season, but these past 2 years has been bad with the team. I wonder if they'll hire a foreign coach, as it seems to be a trend in the league.