Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Body Twistin' Hitomi with some serious block coverage :cheesy:

• Inoue, Kitty, Nakajima, Araki - needs proper polishing. They'll be alright. But I'm having serious doubts on Mandai. I hope they get 2 more setters and 2 more liberos

FYI Rio Chunganji is definitely going to Saga once she's done with HS and Akimoto? or what was that girl's name again... she's probably going to NEC since her mom's an OG there

kitty? who dat

• If Okayama wants to win this tournament I say go ahead and let 'em :box:

• Is Rion Chuganji enrolled at Higashi Ryukoku starting about now?

• Kurobe middle blockers kick ass :box:

• NEC pitchers have pretty much perfected their fast back attack with Sarina but it's left Yoshino Sato a little in the lurch. She's had some good ones but many seem ill timed for her

• These two PFU Bench OPs are both bangers (Kawasaki's bigger but Omura hits harder and lands more) and Miyu Kawazoe is finally showing her stuff :rose:

• i'm cheering for PFU on this one. NEC could've won this by putting in Kinoe since about 2nd set. But they probably are giving playing time to Nojima and Ueno since Kinoe and Shimamura played yesterday. Ueno is playing bad the whole game but well, she's retiring after this tournament so probably they are giving her playing time :lol:

Miyu Kawazoe is killing them :box: i love her hair! :rolll:

• Is Rion Chuganji enrolled at Higashi Ryukoku starting about now?

When's the start of the new school year? I'm always confused about the schedules. For the university, we will have a Spring League soon right? Is that a start of a new school year or last tournament of the current? :lol:

No idea about Rion but I would be more surprised if she enrolled to another school other than Higashi :lol:

• Spring tournament starts the new season. I think HS starts this month too

• 2024.03.17 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats
    Group A

Saitama 1–3 Kurobe

27-29

25-22

25-27

22-25

99–103

NEC 2–3 PFU

25-20

25-23

20-25

23-25

13-15

106–108

Group B

Toray 3–0 Prestige

25-21

25-21

25-23

75–65

JT 1–3 Okayama

25-23

21-25

17-25

17-25

80–98

Lots of good stuff

• Toray Rookies
    Mei Matsuoka & Kaede Kawazoe

• V Cup is great for seeing some of the young guns. Another one I'm excited about is Denso OH Yuki Noda. She got a name drop and top pic at vbm this weekend. She played MB with Hachioji in HS and was good but seemed kind of soft. Looks like she's been bulking the upper body a bit, nice broad shoulders. In Saturday's game Yuka set her for a pipe attack first play of the game. She ended up 18/45 @40%, not bad for a debut. Nice aggressive swing

• Do the players reuse their towels from the previous timeouts or do get fresh ones each time?

• Do the players reuse their towels from the previous timeouts or do get fresh ones each time?

I don't remember how it is for the rest of the teams but in Denso Rosamaria would get like 5 towels since the used ones aren't rolled anymore and she would get a rolled one every time out and 2 more after the game lol. She'd have one on her neck or shoulder and carrying another one on her hand

• medics still have some paperwork issues

Okayama and Himeji have infrastructure issues (arena or clubhouse).

Kurobe and Hamamatsu have financial issues to sort out.

Artemis Hokkaido and Route Inn are going to be in future Super League plans

Sendai still has work to do to keep their V2 license.

Chiba Angel cross have pulled out of V.League.